Naga MMO 2014 vs Logitech G600

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

What have you found to be the most convenient push to talk button while in battle? Especially for those of you who use this mouse.

Is there a button or key that you have found you can keep pressed while doing the rest?

I don’t know if you know this, as I didn’t discover it until months after getting the mouse, but there’s actually another click button to the right of the right-click button, which your ring finger should be resting on. I’ve been using that for PTT on all my games.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Rainsit Poors.2196

Rainsit Poors.2196

What have you found to be the most convenient push to talk button while in battle? Especially for those of you who use this mouse.

Is there a button or key that you have found you can keep pressed while doing the rest?

I don’t know if you know this, as I didn’t discover it until months after getting the mouse, but there’s actually another click button to the right of the right-click button, which your ring finger should be resting on. I’ve been using that for PTT on all my games.

Yeah, it was that button that drew me to the G600 in the first place and specifically for that function. Since you mentioned it, I just went back to the settings and remembered why I went away from it. If I assign that button (G-Shift) to a keyboard key or function it interferes with chat (repeated characterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) or some other in game function. The best thing I’ve found so far is assigning it to middle-click (or wheel click) but if I’m out of game the auto scrolling kicks in………. I just went back, again, to search on disabling the auto scroll. Finally, found it was a check box in Firefox advanced options to disable it. I had been searching all this time as though it was a Win7 setting. So my push to talk button is now that 3rd button (G-Shift) with nothing else associated with the G-Shift button. I’ll try that out.

Thanks Andred for causing me to try again. +1

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

No problem, hope it works well for you! I have mine as R. Ctrl, which has some disadvantages of course, but it hasn’t really been a problem so far.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I loved my Naga until it broke and tried the Logitech for a day until I returned it (just didn’t fit well in my hand), but honestly…you don’t need either for GW2. If you play something like WoW, then the extra buttons come in handy, but it’s overkill for GW2. I use a Mad Katz R.A.T. 7 now and love it more than any mouse I’ve had before.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I use a Naga 2014 for GW2. It takes some getting used to with the placement of the buttons as they all feel the same. Luckily Razer did include some tactile stickers so at least you can use them for reference points. I think I’ve mapped just about all of the buttons to various functions. Everything from dodge, weapon swap, ranger/ele F1-4 skills, pretty much all of those except skills 1-5 are mapped on to my Naga. Now that I’ve done it, I wonder how I did without it all this time

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

I’ve gotten pretty good at moving my hands all around the keyboard as in:
If I need to move my left hand up to the numbers I can move my right hand over to the arrow keys for movement. When I leave the mouse I leave the cursor right in front of my toon for targeting purposes. Then switch back. It’s not optimal I know. This has been sufficient for pve and 65% of all wvw situations for the other professions.

Sorry if I’m being direct here, but isn’t the whole point of using a MMO-mouse that you don’t have to move your hand over your entire keyboard? I mean, you have 12 buttons on your mouse +g-shift. That’s more than enough for GW2.

Personally I’ve set up my g600 like this:

Upper row (G-11, G14, G17, G20) – skill 2,3,4 and 5.
Mid row (G10, G13, G16, G19) – skill 6,7,8 and 9.
Lower row (G9, G12, G15, G18) – F1, F2, F3, F4. Edit: Apparently F4 + the first letter of the row below activates the profanity filter.
G-shift + G9 – 0
Mouse wheel click – next target

My thumb usually rests on G10 or G13, which makes it super easy to find the other buttons. On the first row I mostly use G17 and G20, as the first 3 skills are easily accessible on the keyboard.

This setup works for all classes for me. I find it has a logic to it that makes it easy to remember. Even if it doesn’t work for you, you should really find a way to utilize all those buttons, it’s what they’re there for.

Another keybind tip for WvW-ers that many don’t know: In the control options you can keybind “Aoe-loot” to another button than the interact button (f). This means no more dying because you get stuck in a revive animation mid-fight.

(edited by Garrisyl.7402)

Posted by: sandman.9850

sandman.9850

Have had my naga for years without any problems. Decided to try out the g600 and its useless. Mouse doesnt even work because its not recognized by the logitech gaming software.
Logitech has had this problem forever without bothering to fix it. Too bad I didnt read up on logitech garbage and just went by these forums. Save yourself the headache and stay away from the g600

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

I’ve got a G700, so I’ll take a wild guess that they’re similar. The placing of the buttons is perfect in my opinion. At the end of the day, whatever floats your boat.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

Huh. I’ve got my Razr Naga 2012 that’s still working just dandy for me (though the 2014 looks nicer. I have no particular cause to upgrade though). My wife somewhat recently got a G600 to play GW2 with (she didn’t like how the naga 2012’s thumb buttons felt at all).

She loves her G600, and honestly, having played with it myself, I gotta say…I’d use either without feeling bad. Neither of us have had any problems with compatibility, though the G600’s thumb buttons are a lot more intuitively designed to be able to feel and differentiate them better.

The 2014 naga’s are like that too, but not the 2012. Don’t get an old 2012 naga xD

I might well go with a G600 when I upgrade, though my 2012 naga shows no signs of slowing or wearing out as yet. Can’t complain about either here.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

(edited by naiasonod.9265)

Posted by: Hippoid.6904

Hippoid.6904

I’ve got a G700, so I’ll take a wild guess that they’re similar. The placing of the buttons is perfect in my opinion. At the end of the day, whatever floats your boat.

You beat me by 5 mins

I have G700 and love it ! Tried out a G600 and didn’t get on with the shift-button plus almost too many thumb buttons for my liking(even though I play ele)

Naga’s are ok but build quality is not up there with Logi imo – they really are bullet proof.

As mentioned though it’s all down to taste – just give the G700 a look before you decide.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

The new naga is much worse than the previous one.

On the previous one you could switch the buttons to the num pad, but now you are stuck with the normal numbers.

The two extra middle buttons on top are also worse, the old two at the left side were great.

The only good thing about the new version is that it is larger.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

i tried razer mices once, didnt like em much.

but incase you want a third uption:
Madcatz Cyborg MMO 7

expensive, but it has something like 90+ buttons to program using the mode shifting.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

I used to be Logitech fanboy since my first products from them survived nearly 8 years of extensive use. Sadly seems like logitech uses crap components in their newer products. Many people have issues with mouse clicks, double clicks etc. I myself had to RMA my M570 after barely 6 months (right button click problems), also had 2 DOA laptop mouses from them last year. So i vote strongly against purchasing from them till they get their kitten together and start delivering quality again.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

G600 has 12 side buttons. That’s better than 9.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Returned every Razer product i’ve purchased.. Such cheap build quality and thoughtless design… Not to mention login requirements to use the software.

LOVE my G600. Logitech has been around long enouh to know now to make a good mouse.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Forget Razer. I used to swear by them, but eventually I discovered that I was buying them at a rate of about one new mouse every year. They feel good, and seem high quality, but they don’t last. I had an original Naga… detested the button cluster. Way too much going on there in one cramped area. I had to physically look at my thumb sometimes. (And Razer knew it was a mess – they included some sticky pads for me to glue onto the buttons of my choice to better tell which ones I was pressing).

I’ve barely ever used Logitech. They always seemed way too big. I hate “palming” my mouse. I prefer more of a fingertip, or “claw” grip.

After YEARS of new mice, I am overjoyed with a relative unknown. Try the Corsair Vengeance

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/vengeance-m95-performance-mmo-and-rts-laser-gaming-mouse-gunmetal-black

They are on the M95 now. Mine is the M90. I couldn’t tell you what the difference is; they look the same to me.

Main points:

• This sucker is tough! It is fairly hefty, but that doesn’t interfere with my fingertip control style at all.
  • Super easy to program.
  • Plenty of keys. They look a little “wild”, but believe me, they are way more intuitive than the Naga ever was. This mouse is much easier to operate by feel.
  • I’ve easily had this thing twice as long as any of the many Razers I have owned, and it still works smoothly. As with any mouse, the scroll wheel can get gummed up over time, but this one has never been seriously impaired.

You won’t be sorry!

(Then check out my Corsair keyboard!)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

Hey, I’m using the g600 for more than 2years now and I can’t think of a better Mouse for MMO gaming

Here’s a link with my gw2 mode: http://i.imgur.com/lbfFIix.jpg

Imo gw2 doesn’t require such an mmo mouse, the g600 is a pure overkill. it offers a “G-Shift” button which is a mouse button that is to the right of your right mouse button. Basically it lets you set 2 functions to every button, one for regular use and one that will be used while you hold down G-Shift.
its an overkill for gw2, cause you only have 4-5skills to remap and maybe max 4 profession skills to remap, but other games like final fantasy XIV, benefit from it alot, sincce you have tons of different skills that are all needed ! (it really makes things alot easier in ff14!)

it’s still great to have! in combat i don’t need the g-shift function, but outside of combat its very very comfortable because i don’t need the keyboard to do any of the following: TP, guild panel, map, inventory, hero panel, screenshots, fraps, winamp,….

so yeah, i don’t want to play gw2 without this mouse, it’s pure luxury

(edited by Immortal.3647)

Posted by: Cazamar.7148

Cazamar.7148

Sucks for us southpaws. We have very few options.

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

I own both the G600 and the Naga MMO 2014.

I love both mice. If one person has issues with software from Logitech or Razer or gets unlucky with a mouse (or multiple) breaking from either company, they had some bad luck. It doesn’t make that the definitive example of what products from that company are like.

Both mice work great for me and I haven’t had any issues with either. Software from both has worked fine for me, as well. I have owned, and still own, multiple products from both companies and have never had any big issues. Over the years I have had products from both companies that needed to be returned for one reason or another but no manufacturer produces 100% perfect products.

I think either mouse is an excellent choice.

Posted by: sandman.9850

sandman.9850

Returned the sometimes compatible with its own software but logitech doesnt care to fix g600 for the razer.
Plugged it in and it worked….lol hell of a concept.
Never had any problems with my razer products so ill be sticking with them. Wanted to give logitech a shot but 2 hours surfing for answers on their products bugs and fixes was and is redunkulous.