Naga MMO 2014 vs Logitech G600

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xrisomilia.5769

xrisomilia.5769

Soooo…. Anyone got one of these or both of them? I want to get a better gaming mouse (using a sharkoon fireglider now ><).

Proud member of eMoa(FSP)
Hells Blossom (main Necro)
Devine Fury (Mesmer-Roamer) [OMFG Member]

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I have the 2014 and love it. I have always liked the larger Razer mice. The Deathadder seemed a little larger to me, but the 1-12 buttons on the Naga are great. IDK about the size of the g600 as I have never owned one, but I think the feel of the mice and the size would be a huge determining factor. I would almost say go down to a store that carries them and get a feel for both and then order the one you like online or if it’s cheap enough buy it at the store you go to. Feel is really important to me for a mouse and opinions vary too much.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

Good luck finding a store that sells these and has them on display. When I was deciding if I should get the G600 I couldn’t find one so I just took the plunge and got it.

What I like about the G600 over the Naga is that the side buttons are angled in a way that you’ll always know which button your finger is resting on. Also, the G600 is a bit wider because it has the G-shift button beside your right click. It’s essentially like “holding down shift” and it turns all the buttons on your mouse into another function. For instance, I have my 1-4 keys on the side set to F1 through F4 when I have the g-shift held down.

I really like the G600. I’d get it again if I was shopping for a new mouse.

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I own a G602, not a 600, and love it. It doesn’t have all the buttons, but I use my SteelSeries Merc keyboard for that anyway.

What I wanted to chime in with is this: everything I’ve ever heard about Razer mice is that they break. They don’t hold up. They’re poorly built. This comes from both anecdotal evidence (people I know) as well as reviews.

On the other hand, Logitech mice seem to last forever. I usually go 5+ years between upgrades, and even then only because of fancy new technology, not because the mouse broke.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I tested many combinations and for GW2 is imo best combo Zboard MERC Stealth and Razer Naga Hex.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I used to have the older version of the Naga MMO mouse, but replaced it with the G600. I do not know what the Naga 2014 is like but the G600 was a vast improvement over the old Naga.

The shaped buttons on the G600 separate the buttons into 2 sets of 6, making it more comfortable and a lot easier to feel for the right buttons. Plus it has an extra button next to the right mouse button, which can be easily used by your second to last finger.

Due to the moulded design of the side buttons and the extra right click button, I find the G600 an exceptional mouse for MMO’s and I would highly recommend it.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

(edited by Rin.1046)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have to throw in my support for the G600. I bought one over a year ago. It was my first gaming mouse and I found it easy to get used to. The thumb button layout makes it easy to tell which buttons your thumb is on. I don’t even use my keyboard for any of my skills now. I have them all programed to the thumb buttons and weapon swap programed to the middle scroll wheel button. Once I got used to it my game play improved significantly. Also the G600 feels solid unlike other regular mice I’ve had in the past that feel like if you click too hard it will break the mouse.

The Burninator

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

I’ve gone through my first Naga 2014 bought back in January 2014 and replaced (RMA’ed it) around July-August due to the left click randomly registering as a double click and the scroll wheel registering a random direction input. Before that, I went through 4 Razer naga epics due to a variety of failures.

My warning to you if you purchase from Razer: their product quality is extremely random. The sole reason why I still bother with the naga 2014 is because it has the mechanical side buttons and are very comfortable. That being said, if you can go to a nearby store that carries both types of mice, see if you can try them out.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I have the G600 and I love it. 12 buttons plus a shift gives you 24 programmable buttons in one profile. I can’t imagine playing ele without it!

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I use the 2014 Naga and Nostromo. Love ’em. Got a Blackwidow keyboard too but never use it.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’ve never felt the G600, but my experience with Razer so far has been dreadful. I’m on my third Naga in less than a year – all refunds came from Amazon as Razer refused to refund my DOA and Dead in two weeks mice/stated I would need to pay shipping both ways for a 60-day RMA (stupid), and currently my third Naga’s LED’s are all dead. The synape software is also dreadful and on multiple occasions has just decided to fail for no reason and has subsequently required me to perform a fix install each time to fix it.

Mind you, I take good care of my electronics, so it’s not like I’m killing the things; I still have my old Logitech mouse from eighteen years ago (yes, with a ball) that still works near-perfectly, and my previous Logitech m705 which I keep as a reserve and had for about seven years of very heavy use which also works seamlessly and has retained all of the low-friction surface pads on its underside with no movement or need to re-glue.

I’m severely disappointed in Razer’s quality control/overall quality and terrible customer support. I’ve heard the g600 is awkward to hold, but who knows :P

I’m hoping that there are more contenders when it comes time for a new one, but at the rate these things are failing, that might be sooner than expected/desired.

Good luck on your purchase. Try and find a friend or something who might have one you can take a grope at. I was going to get the hex at first, but a friend of mine got one and after feeling it, I was not at all impressed and glad I could use his. The buttons felt too far back, and the body of the mouse is made from a cheap-feeling glossy plastic that makes normally non-sweaty hands awfully moist.

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I have both, and I strongly recommend the new naga. I used the logitech g600 for between 1 to 2 years, and I started having problems with two of the buttons. I glide from button to button with the new naga, and because of that I play a lot faster than before. It may have one less button, but honestly it’s not that huge of a difference when you realize how more accessible the buttons are on the naga. Go to Bestbuy and compare the difference in feel between the two gaming mice.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

I’m still using my Naga 2012. I’m flummoxed by the reports here that Razer’s products don’t hold up. Never had that problem with any of mine, though hardware often is a grab bag, and Logitech does make a very durable product.

I’d say that you’ll not go wrong with either.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I have problem with a couple of button on logitech g600 too.

I dont’ think it’s just me. I suggest using a new model of logitech or naga.

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

G600

No contest. Once you spend some time with it, you’ll never go back to a standard mouse. It’s also built like a tank.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I miss the G500, such a great gaming mouse for this kind of mmo.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

DON’T GET RAZER. I had a Naga before, and the cable started to fray, and so I got a Naga Epic. Then the cable started to fray on that, and you can’t buy a replacement cable!!

So, I got the G600, and not only is it less expensive, I discovered it feels better in my hand, and it’s easier to quickly find the right thumb button. I have to recommend it.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

On the two Razer mice i had before it was either the double-click bug that appeared after a while or that a button didn’t work at all and i had to hammer my fist on it for a while.

So now also have a G600.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: lvis.3824

lvis.3824

best advice is to get to a store that has both mice and test them.
It’s about what “feels” better with your hand .

I for myself have to say it’s the naga, they sidekeys just fit better to my hand.

What sucks with the naga though ( perhaps with the Logitech too ) , you have to run / use their software in order to load your settingsprofile.

I don’t use any macros or stuff, but i use the sidebuttons => numpad keys mapping.
This ONLY gets loaded when i start the software, if i don’t run it , the sidebuttons are only mapped to the normal number keys.

For me this was a huge bummer, i also did not find any review where this was mentioned.

Sometimes if i boot my PC and want to play GW2 right away the profile is not yet loaded and if i join pvp then i find my mouse totally messed up , it takes ~1min until the profile is loaded and i can use the mouse at full potential….

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think G600 is a really good mouse, it’s just a few of the button isn’t very functional for me. Means I press it and do nothing.

I check the forums around the web and many people says the same thing.

So if you get it, hopefully the one you get won’t have one with button problem.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Razr products are overpriced and are bad quality. I once had a Razr Naga wireless and this thing got broken after a couple of weeks. I replaced it with a M.M.O. 7 from Saitek/Mad Catz which I really prefer instead of 10000 confusing buttons.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My experience is the opposite. I had nothing but problems with logitech mice, including the G600 and only ended up happy after I switched over to Razr.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

G600 owned and loved here. Some of the side buttons near the back are a fiddle to get to but you just assign things you use occasionally to them, such as mouse DPI etc.

I run my attack and F skills on the front three rows (1-5 then F keys, Gshift 6-0 then F keys) and it is outstanding, I never have to take my left hand’s fingers off WASD.

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Here in my place we have both. I have a Naga and I would switch to the G600, but I’m lefthanded and therefore out of options.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I had the original Naga and I loved the feeling of the buttons (short movement, very solid click on activation). Sadly, I managed to electrocute it with a simple static shock from my hand. As I was looking for a replacement, I tried the new Naga and the G600, but both of them had a feeling on the thumb buttons I didn’t like. I decided to go for the Naga Hex which has 6 larger, good buttons, but now I sometimes wish I had more, since playing elementalist/engineer with only 6 thumb buttons is a bit difficult.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I have a Naga Molten (year and a half old now, from when I bought it) and a G600. Bought the G600 first, and then the Naga the next day, since it was on sale. I used the G600 first, and then the Naga. Gotta say I love the Naga better, haven’t gone back to use the G600 (though might use it with my laptop, though I kinda like a wireless mouse with that, even though it doesn’t have the extra buttons). I couldn’t really get use to that extra third click/button (the g-shift, or whatever it was supposed to be) on the G600.

If/when the Naga breaks, I’m gonna go and buy another Naga.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

I use the G600, have all but 3 of the buttons mapped. I also use a G13, so between the two I never touch my keyboard unless I am typing something. My mouse I have jump, dodge, f1-f4, f-action, and 2 random ones that I switch often depending on what I need at the moment. The G13 I have everything else, using the my thumb to control the joystick for WASD.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I acquired my Razer Naga 2014 in March 2014, and haven’t had any hardware issues with it to date. The feel is great, nice mechanical response on the buttons, very smooth and not bulky, a larger mouse wouldn’t do for me. I did end up changing my setup this month, I find it hard to use all 12 thumb buttons effectively, and I decided that it wasn’t necessary anyways. The top 3 are now for targeting functions and the next 6 are now for weapon and profession skills, with the remaining weapon/utilities on the keyboard. I like the tilt wheel for dodge and heal.

I think it just depends on how each mouse feels to you, since they share most features.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I have the naga, and up to a few days ago I was having lots of problems with it.
During a gaming session it would sometimes just stop responding, and it would always be in the most impossible times.

I was asking in WvW mapchat and a friendly person gave me some advice about USB save settings and a BIOS setting. The USB energy save settings seemed to be the very problem I was having, and have not had it since.
Finally I can enjoy a good mouse like I was suppose to. It is still a bit small, so if you have big hands I would certainly find a store to try it first.

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Soooo…. Anyone got one of these or both of them? I want to get a better gaming mouse (using a sharkoon fireglider now ><).

I got a Razer Naga and it made this game SO much more enjoyable.

With that said I’ve gone through two of them in the last few years. Not the most durable thing but still a good purchase imo.

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Had a Naga for 3 years (at least) of heavy gaming before the right click started to do the double clicking thing. I still use it for my laptop (for school ). Replaced my desktop one with the updated 2014 w/ mechanical side buttons and love it. When buying off the razer website they stand behind their warranties nicely. I had an orbweaver stealth’s d-stick start to go bad. They replaced it with a regular orbweaver because they were out of stock on the stealth version. I told them my mic picked up the clicks too well which was why I bought the stealth in the first place. They gave me enough store credit to get one for free when it got back in stock.

Might be just my experience, but so far razer tech support has been great. I’ll continue to buy their products.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

I’ve been thinking about the G600 too.

I currently have a G500 and it just doesn’t have enough buttons.

Anyone go from G500 to G600? Thoughts?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Posted by: Vulture.9351

Vulture.9351

I use a Steelseries Sensei. It has 7 buttons and 2 of them I don’t use.

Meh.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

ive had no trouble at all with my razer naga hex, definitely recommend

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

My experience with Razer has been suboptimal, with the middle mouse button ceasing to function after a period of about 8 months. Meanwhile, Logitech products have been solid.
Additionally, Logitech doesn’t used the cloud based garbage that Razer has set up with Synapse.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

Very interesting thread with much useful hands-on feedback. I had a bunch of gaming and office mice in the last 20 years, including one Razer and one Logitech mouse (G700). The G700 is the best mouse I ever had, and I always wondered if a “MMO” mouse with the huge thumb button field is even better than the G700 with its 4 thumb buttons, which I use for F1..F4 in GW2. Based on the feedback and my previous experience with Razer and Logitech I decided to order a G600. Main point is the distinguishable shape of the buttons of the G600 and the inconsistent quality of Razer products.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I use a naga and a nostromo for GW2 and it allows me to do everything I’d ever need. I have space on thumb 1, F on thumb 2 and dodge bound to thumb 4 so I can dodge jump with a little thumb rocking. Swap and sheath are above dodge with display all names on 3. There is the thing, though. There are 6 more thumb buttons, and while there are more things you can bind, there aren’t really many things you need. There is a different Razer mouse with a six button wheel that is all you really need. If you definitely want all those extra buttons, though, I would recommend it.

The Nostromo is just perfect for skills, with two rows of 5 and one of 4 it’s got 1-0 and f1-4, and the thumb stick fro movement.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

GuzziHero.2467

I’ve been thinking about the G600 too.

I currently have a G500 and it just doesn’t have enough buttons.

Anyone go from G500 to G600? Thoughts?

I went from a G700 to a G600. When it dies, I will buy another G600.

Most awesome mouse imaginable, IMHO. You do need a ‘claw’ grip for it, but that suits me just fine.

Posted by: Kaida.4163

Kaida.4163

I was looking at both the Naga and the G600 a few years ago when I bought my mouse, I ended up with the G600 and I can say I’m very glad I did, I love it.

If you’re rough with mice or if you’re the kind of person whom electronics go to to die, get a Logitech, they’re near indestructible. They’re the only brand of mouse my mother can use for more then a few months.

Posted by: Maubedo.1742

Maubedo.1742

The best one you can get at the moment is the Roccat Tyon. Take a closer look at this mouse, youtube videos and etc. I love mice, have more than 10, and this one is my best option… its just great and super nice looking!!!!!

… I can outrun a centaur…

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I palm a G600 easily. May depend on the dimensions of your thumb though.

I’ve used said G600 for two and a half years now. Has excellent button placement and helps a lot with the number of skills in GW2. The shift button on the right takes the place of a push-to-talk button on my setup, which I personally can’t live without – so if I was going to try a Naga 2014, I’d need to figure out where to map it.

Generally I’ve found Logitech mice to be very reliable, but the G600 hasn’t been. The scroll wheel has had periodic problems with scrolling by itself for the last 9 months (starting just under two years after purchase) and the number pad has gradually lost responsiveness – one of my buttons has to be mashed really hard to record a press at all now.
Another issue is the cursor skipping across the screen – this has apparently been fixed in newer manufacturing runs.

The biggest issue in my view is the side buttons wearing out, which is why I like the sound of the Naga 2014’s mechanical switches – I had a MS Sidewinder X5 with similar and nothing on that ever went wrong except for the rubber scroll wheel melting. However, Razer’s durability record is pretty poor so I’m still not sold on it – plus I’m a button short for a PTT option.

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

I used to have the older version of the Naga MMO mouse, but replaced it with the G600. I do not know what the Naga 2014 is like but the G600 was a vast improvement over the old Naga.

I concur entirely with this post, having also replaced an older model Naga with a G600. Besides the nicer button design which many of mentioned, I should add that I like the software much more (the Naga had some weird driver issues on my PC, too), and that remapping the G-shift button to dodge is so delightfully OP.

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

I own a G602, not a 600, and love it. It doesn’t have all the buttons, but I use my SteelSeries Merc keyboard for that anyway.

What I wanted to chime in with is this: everything I’ve ever heard about Razer mice is that they break. They don’t hold up. They’re poorly built. This comes from both anecdotal evidence (people I know) as well as reviews.

On the other hand, Logitech mice seem to last forever. I usually go 5+ years between upgrades, and even then only because of fancy new technology, not because the mouse broke.

I’d second that, I have a G600 and it far outlived the Naga I had before it. Plus the buttons on the side are easier to find without looking because of the way they’re angled.
On the other hand, my Naga wasn’t the 2014 version, which I don’t know much about, so can’t judge it.

-Blackgate-

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

Apparently I’m the odd one here, as I went from a G500 to the Naga 2014, because the G500 started to act up (buttons not responding) after half a year. I tried both the G600 and the Naga 2014 in a store before deciding, and the Naga fit my hands much better, plus I liked the feel of the thumb button clicks. After playing with a mechanical keyboard for a while, the mechanical buttons suit me much better.

The thumb buttons on the Naga 2014 are angled as well (unlike the older models), making it easy to distinguish which button your thumb is on without looking. So far the Naga has lived as long as the G500 did before, and I’m hoping it’ll stay that way for a while yet, as I don’t want to go back to playing without it even for a few days .

Posted by: xrisomilia.5769

xrisomilia.5769

Got my G600 yesterday and I can say that my first impression is that it is a very well built mouse. I struggle a little to get used to keybinding on it >< but overall pleases as it made my life easier already. Anyone can give me a example of their key binding?

Proud member of eMoa(FSP)
Hells Blossom (main Necro)
Devine Fury (Mesmer-Roamer) [OMFG Member]

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Had a Naga going on a year now, no issues so far. Still like the little emblem light. Ended up buying a keyboard and headset from them as well because I enjoyed the mouse.

GuzziHero.2467

Got my G600 yesterday and I can say that my first impression is that it is a very well built mouse. I struggle a little to get used to keybinding on it >< but overall pleases as it made my life easier already. Anyone can give me a example of their key binding?

Personally, I run…

G9 – G13 is 1 to 5 for weapon skills. Gshift 6 to 0 for heal/utility.
G14 – G17 F1 to F4. Gshift the same so they activate whether or not I am shifting
G18 – speed down
G19 – speed up
G20 scroll preset speeds

Thats all I need All my important skills are on the first three rows in easy reach and I never have to take my hands off the mouse or WASD in combat.

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Naga is a better design, faster to pick up, easier on your hand to operate, better software package, better feel overall. I’d have a really hard time believing someone who says the G600 is better has tried both.

Posted by: Targren.6073

Targren.6073

Naga is a better design, faster to pick up, easier on your hand to operate, better software package, better feel overall. I’d have a really hard time believing someone who says the G600 is better has tried both.

Ah, yet another enlightened soul on the internet who doesn’t grasp the concept of
“subjectivity.”

Posted by: Rainsit Poors.2196

Rainsit Poors.2196

So, I’ve been using the G600 for a couple years now and haven’t really been utilizing the thumb buttons much (G10-G20). G9 I have been using for my push-to-talk. However, recently I’ve been working on my engineer skills (kit build) and because of all the change-outs of your skills and the speed at which they need to occur, it seems to me I really need to start utilizing the other thumb buttons. These are the keybindings I have found that has worked well for me until now. Also, I am using the G510 keyboard.

Q & E – strafe

WASD – the ~ swap key has kept me from moving over to the ESDF positioning (that and years with DOOM (number attack) and Unreal Tournament)

RFC – 789 respectively

B – interact (thumb)

6(heal) – my left thumb comes up since jumping has no real bearing on dodging, blocking, or misses

F keys – no change
0 elite – usually my left hand again and I do need to look down to hit that

now for my work-arounds:

I’ve gotten pretty good at moving my hands all around the keyboard as in:
If I need to move my left hand up to the numbers I can move my right hand over to the arrow keys for movement. When I leave the mouse I leave the cursor right in front of my toon for targeting purposes. Then switch back. It’s not optimal I know. This has been sufficient for pve and 65% of all wvw situations for the other professions.

I’ve started utilizing the G buttons with the engi so as to kite better. That leads me to some questions for you guys.

What have you found to be the most convenient push to talk button while in battle? Especially for those of you who use this mouse.

Is there a button or key that you have found you can keep pressed while doing the rest?

Any other thoughts/suggestions?