"Naked Legendaries" - Where are they?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p0wg5/guild_chat_livestream_notes_pro/cw27hcl/

It’s been a year; If I recall correctly, Linsey Murdock had mentioned their development in the past. Can we get an update as to their development status? I’d really like to get my hands on one of these, especially with legendary armor coming out soon (one can dream).

For anyone who doesn’t understand the above link, the concept was basically craftable legendary weapons that didn’t have a prestigious skin associated with them, so you could transmute these to whatever you want, and you’d really only be crafting them for the stat-swapping functionality.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Why can’t you do that with current legendaries? Just craft them and transmute to a skin you like better……

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Why can’t you do that with current legendaries? Just craft them and transmute to a skin you like better……

I think the point was that the current cost of a legendary is, in part, derived from its unique, and elaborate, skin…so a naked legendary, lacking said skin, would/should cost less than a full legendary.

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I think the point was that the current cost of a legendary is, in part, derived from its unique, and elaborate, skin…so a naked legendary, lacking said skin, would/should cost less than a full legendary.

Succinctly answered ^

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The link above doesn’t include a comment from a developer.

I understand the concept; I don’t see where ANet suggested that they are actually working on it. Accordingly, there’s nothing to update.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The link above doesn’t include a comment from a developer.

I understand the concept; I don’t see where ANet suggested that they are actually working on it. Accordingly, there’s nothing to update.

It was transcribed from a livestream from the best I can tell. You have to view the OP which was from Dulfy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3p0wg5/guild_chat_livestream_notes_pro/?st=iz353nfj&sh=45ad3147

They are working on a way for people to unlock a recipe to craft a naked legendary that allow you to select stats.

I have not watched the actual video to verify but since Dulfy posted it I’m guessing a dev said it in the video.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

OriOri.8724

No, according to Linsey Murdock herself, the point of these was to allow players to craft more than 1 of the new HoT legendaries, by crafting 1, then crafting a “naked” legendary and transmuting the skin. This would allow someone to get that twice told legend achievement via HoT legendaries, which is currently impossible.

That was the entire point of this, never to offer cheaper legendaries.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/56hnae/whatever_happened_to_naked_legendaries/d8jg5kk/

Here’s the comment from Linsey

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I have not watched the actual video to verify but since Dulfy posted it I’m guessing a dev said it in the video.

I am guessing that a Dev said something different from what the OP thinks, given that a developer actually said

It [the naked legendary] was not to give easy access to stat-swap gear. It was for people who already crafted the HoT legendary weapon from a journey and could therefore not craft a second one because of the nature of the precursor acquisition for HoT legendary weapons.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

On something kinda related, how about legendaries or armor that actually makes you naked? Or since that’d constitute a rating change which could be a pain, have a new underwear variant for chest and legs? I know that’s been requested for a while

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

OriOri.8724

Well we have invisible shoes, even though they are more expensive than legendaries due to their low drop rate. I wouldn’t be opposed to having more invisible equips being added to the drop tables for the treasure mushrooms