Name 1 thing you want changed/added

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

A game that lets me fight 20-24 world bosses a week as opposed to 2-4 a week because dragons\wurms\wizards\shaman\beasts\etc. don’t typically walk into the office, punch a timecard and say, “O.K. world, I’m in the office! come and kill me!”

… You know, kind of like it was a couple of weeks ago.

“We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” – C.S. Lewis

Yeah, a more robust schedule would be great.

3 times a day for each hardmode boss is pretty slim. Each tier of boss should be on its own rotation. Heck, each boss should be on its own rotation.

But barring that, each tier.
Half hour to hour per easy boss (Fire Ele, Shadow Behemoth, etc)
Hour to two hours per medium boss (Mark II tier)
Two to three hours per hard boss (Karka, etc.)

And I don’t mean the staggering system they have now, where each monster is “on shift,” but setting their timing so that each one happens independent of each other. Let them be concurrent, so it’ll siphon some of the massive zergs into multiple places at once.

I like the schedule, because it means I can actually find bosses to fight, when I want to. I don’t like that it’s so sparse and leaves little choice for the guilds who want to organize content on their time.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: tim.3258

tim.3258

If you absolutely need to put the bosses on a schedule, have each boss spawn, in rotation, evey 5 minutes:
Teq = 1:00am
SB = 1:05am
Maw = 1:10am
Dwayna = 1:15am
Next = 1:20am
Etc.

Heck, you could do a 7 minute rotation to make it more random… and even more random by randomizing the spawn order every daily reset!

I know multiple bosses can pop at the same time. It used to happen all the time.

Millions of people all over the world play at all different times. A schedule like that would give variety, randomness in relation to when people log in, and with the megaserver thing, their should always be people on to do the event.

Really… who thought up this, “same time every day” schedule?!?! Have they never heard of the old drinking saying, “It’s always after work somewhere.”?

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

One thing that should/would/could be a cool addition, is if enemies were immune or resistant to certain conditions or effects. (like in GW1)

All the other destroyers and flame elementals are immune to fire, so should the Fire Elemental boss and all fire types should be more susceptible to frost/ice attacks.
Ice elementals should be immune to chill and take extra damage from fire damage, Risen should have a resistance to poison, Earth elementals should not be able to bleed and have a resistance to fire. (All elemental types shouldn’t be able to bleed)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

It would be a toss-up between these five (in no particular order):

1) Remove Ascended from the game.

2) Allow a non-pet version of rangers with competitive archery damage output.

3) Drastically reduce particle effects (or allow players to opt to not see them).

4) Improve mob builds/AI.

5) Allow for more customization of character skill build.

Posted by: Jax Eaglesight.4203

Jax Eaglesight.4203

Guild alliances for the smaller guilds(100 members or less), which would be helpful for guild bounties etc.

Posted by: Reaper.1695

Reaper.1695

A way to get a percusor with no RNG involved. It could be a “Do 500 events in each map in Tyria” for all I care.

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Something I want added – Account-wide 4 or 5 slot bag that only account-bound CS items can go in, accessible from anywhere. I’d actually buy account bound tools if it didn’t mean I’d have to stow them in my bank, swap, go back to my bank on another character, and pick them back up…then do it all over again if I switch an hour later. I play too many characters regularly for this to be feasible.

Something I want changed – Mob scaling. They need a lot more HP. Same with bosses, as well as maybe slightly harder mechanics, except for Teq, Three-Headed Wurm, and Jormag. Those are all time-consuming as-is and are pretty balanced.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

(edited by storiessave.3807)

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Pets optional + boost to ranger damage.