Name non-RNG rewards

Name non-RNG rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

I would like to name all non-RNG rewards, since it’s way easier to name them as opposed to naming all RNG rewards.
So let me start with:

• Gold from dungeons
  • Tokens from dungeons
  • (Pristine) Fractal Relic
  • AP
  • Some login rewards
  • Gold/Karma from events
  • Experience
  • Some PvP Reward Tracks
  • (Map completion?)
  • Geodes and bandit crests (although the quantity is random)
  • Ascended mats (although the quantity is random)
  • Common materials from harvesting nodes (although the quantity is random)
  • Champ chests from champions (although not every champ drops a chest)
  • Some PS/LS rewards

That’s it! Did I miss something?

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Geodes and bandit crests from events*
(*unless you turn them into keys)

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

*Ascended mats (although the number is random)
*Champ Chests
*materials from harvesting nodes (the common mats)
*Personal/ LS rewards (most of em)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Name non-RNG rewards

HHR LostProphet.4801

Geodes and bandet crests aren’t random, indeed, but the number of geodes/bandit crests is random.
Champ chests from champs aren’t random but their loot is random and I think their rarity can be also random.

However I’ll add them to the list.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

At the amount of time invested into a MMO, many amounts of RNG are meaningless. For example geodes might be random, but overall acquiring ambrite weapons or so is very much a dependable reward.

That is to say, given the average MMO time investment, it’s going to work out for your players. While it is RNG based, it’s not restrictive.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

Geodes and bandet crests aren’t random, indeed, but the number of geodes/bandit crests is random.
Champ chests from champs aren’t random but their loot is random and I think their rarity can be also random.

However I’ll add them to the list.

Geodes aren’t random, they are fixed based on the tier that the map has achieved.
I thought crests followed the same pattern according to the level of defenses achieved. At least that is what the wiki says and my experience (only get 8, 15 or 25 for a defense, never 7 or 13 or other numbers)

Name non-RNG rewards

HHR LostProphet.4801

The random amount is not restrictive, like you’ve pointed out, however it slows down progress and the RNG regarding everything else is indeed restrictive.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Something I noticed from the Wintersday vendor:
He offers boxes with random rewards for 1 unit (I forget the actual price), but he also has another box with a selectable reward from the same pool for 4 units.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Name non-RNG rewards

HHR LostProphet.4801

Something I noticed from the Wintersday vendor:
He offers boxes with random rewards for 1 unit (I forget the actual price), but he also has another box with a selectable reward from the same pool for 4 units.

But that’s no reward in particular.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I think he meant the concept is good. Look at how you get Luminescent armour, you need specific pieces of the bosses . But you can spend 30 tokens for an extractor extracting that specific piece instead of getting the cheaper extractor and relying on RNG.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

a karka shell from veteran karkas

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

OK, so it slows down progress. So what? If everything were easier to get, people would run out of content even faster, and there would be even more complaints about lack of content.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Toroxus.9256

Toroxus.9256

Don’t forget all the world bosses that give guaranteed rares and chests.

Name non-RNG rewards

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Map completion is RNG. Especially for high-level maps there is a huge money gap between two pieces of armor for 90s each, a transmutation charge and 40 leeks on the one side and an armor with a Rune of Strength, a weapon with a Sigil of Force, a chest key and 40 lemongrass on the other side. And of course the second guy will get a BL ticket or a valuable colour from the chest, too. Hate that guy.

Also, world bosses and champs are definitely so much RNG. Yeah, everybody gets his guaranteed chest, but it is quite a difference if you find items in it that are worth 50s or if it’s an exotic collection drop for up to 200g.

(edited by Locce.8405)