" Name things that you find unfair "

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Champions that give me loot in one place but not in another, why?
NPC’s that heal each other but not everywhere, why?
Some NPC healing you is rare, why?

Can we have a little bit of balance please, Anet?
Please discuss and add things I’ve forgotten.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

LS instead of a real expansion.
Targeting not fixed.
RNG

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

resilient
defiance & unshakable
Indomitable

EverythingOP

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

resilient
defiance & unshakable
Indomitable

Tim please elaborate being French Canadian I might no get your one word hints.

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

NPE… Level gating content, that was free and unrestricted for 2 years…

Removing mob loot from instances (Personal Story, Ghosts in AC P2, ect.)

The ever rising price of Converting Gold to Gems

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

-RNG

-no critical heals in the game

-shatter mesmer

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Over powered champions in Orr, that can pull you over the top of walls ending in certain death once you hit the ground (always humorous to watch).

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

The economy in GW2.

Posted by: ofLegends.9853

ofLegends.9853

Well since I have been doing a lot of it lately: being severely kitten mobility-wise in WvW. So annoying. If I don’t start moving right when the commander does, I’m probably going to fall wayyy behind and even die if the other server comes up on us.

I think most people probably don’t use WvW to level, and yes I understand I shouldn’t have the full benefits of being 80 while I’m still just 50, but the mobility is awful. Maybe I play the wrong classes. :P

— Former engi main | Bring back my Power Rifle Grenadier!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OWwwqPxDI

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Well since I have been doing a lot of it lately: being severely kitten mobility-wise in WvW. So annoying. If I don’t start moving right when the commander does, I’m probably going to fall wayyy behind and even die if the other server comes up on us.

I think most people probably don’t use WvW to level, and yes I understand I shouldn’t have the full benefits of being 80 while I’m still just 50, but the mobility is awful. Maybe I play the wrong classes. :P

Mobility for certain classes is awful, always has been the case. Never quite understood why light armor wearing class like the mesmer is so slow.

ofLegends.9853

Yeah, I don’t like the dumbed-down abilities. HATE the compass thing; turned it off asap.

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

When you Q up for a boarderland. Beeing nr70 in the Q.
Every 10 minutes you checked wich nr you are in the Q.
Ahh nr 14 nice. 10minutes later.. You’r number 74…. Ehhh whut?!?!? Why!?!? How!?!?
It happens at least 2 times (sometimes more) each month.
I don’t know how that can happent, but when it happens I usually play another game out of rage. Cause yea, its not fair xD

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

ofLegends.9853

What about if you’re in a long queue, queue barely moves for 40 minutes so you go afk for 5 minutes to get a drink, and the queue moves up 20 players and you miss it :P

ofLegends.9853

Oh, here’s another annoying thing.

All other MMOs: classes, professions
GW2: professions, crafting

Calling them “professions” and “crafting” does actually make more sense to me, but everyone else does it the other way, and then on the forums everyone just calls “professions” “classes” anyway.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Being a warrior nowadays with any reliance on Adrenaline.

I’ve been in the middle of huge fights, and seconds after I drop my opponent my Adrenaline starts to quickly disappear. While I’m still completely surrounded by enemies! I have to rush to tag another one – any one, without regard for strategy – just to keep it from disappearing.

And still sometimes on my other characters, I can be out of combat (for several minutes sometimes), and the game still thinks I’m fighting (preventing me from waypointing).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

I have a male sylvari necro currently at level 33. I created him before the trait system redesign (woo hoo!) but I’ve never been quite happy with how he looks, and in fact deleted and recreated him probably a dozen times back when he was first conceived before settling on a look. Anyway, I spent ten bucks on gems and got a total makeover kit. After changing his face and hair and colors (skin, pattern, and glow), I clicked to accept – and then saw that his eyes, out in the ‘real world’, were way too dark. Black pits, essentially. And I was all like, grumble grumble grumble. I could see them fine before I clicked to accept the changes. Well, I tried to let it go but it bugged me, and kept on bugging me, so I wound up getting another total makeover kit and changing to a face with visible eyes.

So! The eyes not looking the same outside the character creator was totally unfair!

Still not entirely happy with him. He runs funny. And —

(SPOILER ALERT)

— I messed up and did the branch (no pun intended) of the sylvari personal story that makes me want to slap all sylvari everywhere for being such judgmental kittenes. That idiot firstborn Riannoc should be raised from the dead and then executed for endangering a child and consequently ruining that child’s life. Talk about unfair! It wasn’t Waine’s fault Riannoc took him where he should never have been and clearly wasn’t prepared to go. Oh, but poor Riannoc, betrayed by his friend. Pfft. Poor kitten, you mean, hoist on his own petard. He should be (posthumously) given the Tyrian equivalent of a Darwin Award.

Where was I? Oh yeah. Ahem. With no new lands for my necro to visit, no new sights for him to see, and no new skills/weapons for him to learn – well, heck, what’s the point, anyway. The twelve level 80s who preceded him have already been there and done that. Except for most of the dungeons/fractals, which would have been done over and over already if I’d found any fun in them.

But but but living story!

Heh, well, I guess I could get him to level 80 before it returns — by slogging through all the same old same old again to get to the new stuff.

Which at this point seems way more foul than fair to me.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

‘Improvements’ Such as this kitten….

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, “If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.” Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately.

Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- “Don’t ever smoke. Please don’t put your family through what your Grandfather put us through.” I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because the image you posted, with bright green comic sans text over it, gave me cancer anyway.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

So many things I want to say about this topic but I will keep it short.

-Thief nerfs

-The fact that there is no consistency in skill function from enemies.
Examples: you could back away from a hammer swing but it turns out that hammer swing can still hit you anyways, some enemies have unblockable attacks despite not having unblockable listed when you target them or the fact some projectiles can be reflected but not all.

-The removal of content from the game (SAB, squeeing golem assistant and other things lost to the NPE and the entirety of LS1)
While I do understand some of this stuff is coming back someday I believe it should have never been gone in the first place.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

(edited by Aguri.2896)

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

~Snip~

(SPOILER ALERT)

— I messed up and did the branch (no pun intended) of the sylvari personal story that makes me want to slap all sylvari everywhere for being such judgmental kittenes. That idiot firstborn Riannoc should be raised from the dead and then executed for endangering a child and consequently ruining that child’s life. Talk about unfair! It wasn’t Waine’s fault Riannoc took him where he should never have been and clearly wasn’t prepared to go. Oh, but poor Riannoc, betrayed by his friend. Pfft. Poor kitten, you mean, hoist on his own petard. He should be (posthumously) given the Tyrian equivalent of a Darwin Award.

~Snip~

Sorry, but you’re reasoning and opinion here are wrong(even if it is your opinion). First off Waine basically signed up to be Riannoc’s Squire(though that is what he was called, that’s the general role of his position), and anyone that follows someone as a squire or even assistant, regardless of what age, if they know anything about what the person they work for is doing should know they might get involved with dangerous situations. If that person feels they will be unable to handle it, then it falls upon them to fess up and admit they can’t hack it and that their employer(which Riannoc was, he employed Waine) should find someone else to do the job. Instead we get a coward that basically screws his boss over because he’s a chicken kitten. Had I written that story, I would have made sure that Waine got skewered in that battle pit and left to die, not just lose and give up the sword.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

- NPE without the explanation of combos
- Mail suppression (I hate that I need 10 mins to send few dyes to friends)
- Dyes that makes different effects color on each kind of armor

Tachenon.5270

~Snip~

(SPOILER ALERT)

~Snip~

Sorry, but you’re reasoning and opinion here are wrong(even if it is your opinion). First off Waine basically signed up to be Riannoc’s Squire(though that is what he was called, that’s the general role of his position), and anyone that follows someone as a squire or even assistant, regardless of what age, if they know anything about what the person they work for is doing should know they might get involved with dangerous situations. If that person feels they will be unable to handle it, then it falls upon them to fess up and admit they can’t hack it and that their employer(which Riannoc was, he employed Waine) should find someone else to do the job. Instead we get a coward that basically screws his boss over because he’s a chicken kitten. Had I written that story, I would have made sure that Waine got skewered in that battle pit and left to die, not just lose and give up the sword.

No, sir. Waine was a child – he was clearly depicted as such, in the branch that lets us see the past – and Riannoc should have known better than to put a child in that position. It was Riannoc’s mistake, Riannoc’s fault. Waine’s life was ruined, and the sylvari were wrong to condemn him for it.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

~Snip~

(SPOILER ALERT)

~Snip~

No, sir. Waine was a child – he was clearly depicted as such, in the branch that lets us see the past – and Riannoc should have known better than to put a child in that position. It was Riannoc’s mistake, Riannoc’s fault. Waine’s life was ruined, and the sylvari were wrong to condemn him for it.

They were both children and neither of them should have been there. Having said that, Waine made the choice of where he was going to after that and that choice was to be a tool.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Unfair is when you’re downed in dredgehaunt, intentionally because you’re going to rally off a svanir with 2% hp. He randomly goes into anti-exploit and walks away while regening then turns around and throws an axe in your face to finish you off.

True story.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

(edited by DarkWasp.7291)

Tachenon.5270

~Snip~

(SPOILER ALERT)

~Snip~

They were both children and neither of them should have been there. Having said that, Waine made the choice of where he was going to after that and that choice was to be a tool.

Ah, but did he have a choice? I suspect continued exposure to Caladbolg played a part in what he became. The Pale Tree, if there was anything at all of goodness in her, should have sought him out while he was still a child, and helped him. She had the means. She could have done it any time she saw fit. She didn’t. She didn’t care about him at all until she decided she needed Caladbolg back, and then it was all about avenging poor, betrayed Riannoc.

I think there’s something rotten in the Grove.

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Unfair is when you’re downed in dredgehaunt, intentionally because you’re going to rally off a svanir with 2% hp. He randomly goes into anti-exploit and walks away while reneging then turns around and throws an axe in your face to finish you off.

True story.

I second this nomination for title of unfair.

Posted by: Dragonsegg.7615

Dragonsegg.7615

The way stats work in this game. I know the goal was to make it so all classes could build themselves in a variety of ways, but it just makes it so that zerker gear is the end all be all of PvE builds.

zenleto.6179

~Snip~

(SPOILER ALERT)

~Snip~

Ah, but did he have a choice? I suspect continued exposure to Caladbolg played a part in what he became. The Pale Tree, if there was anything at all of goodness in her, should have sought him out while he was still a child, and helped him. She had the means. She could have done it any time she saw fit. She didn’t. She didn’t care about him at all until she decided she needed Caladbolg back, and then it was all about avenging poor, betrayed Riannoc.

I think there’s something rotten in the Grove.

Of course he had a choice. He could have gone to the Grove to let them know what had happened, even if not the whole story. He would likely have received whatever care they would have offered him as the squire and friend of a first born. The Pale Tree probably has more secrets than all the US intelligence agencies put together but I think they would tend towards murky grey (in favour of her Sylvari) rather than rotten black. She has a lot to look after so Sylvari first in these sorts of instances, humans second.

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Having megaservers forced on players that weren’t looking for a megablob experience with no way to opt out of it or get away from it.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Draconicus.7564

Draconicus.7564

- LS instead of a real expansion.
- No Cantha… … …
- No Mercs for hire.
- No solo mode in dungeons.
- 800 Gems = 10 Euro; 8000 Gems = 100 Euro! No bonus of any kind in the higher options!
- Personal game story costing Gems to unlock it’s episodes!!
- Mesmer… a Mage class unable to use Daggers, but able to use Great Swords!!!? Seriously?!
- Etc.

(edited by Draconicus.7564)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This thread isn’t particularly fair. It’s a way for everyone to express any complaint, whether it has to do with fairness or not. It’s not unfair that we don’t have Cantha, it’s just something you don’t like.

This is a terrible thread, that’s not in any way constructive.

Tachenon.5270

Of course he had a choice. He could have gone to the Grove to let them know what had happened, even if not the whole story. He would likely have received whatever care they would have offered him as the squire and friend of a first born. The Pale Tree probably has more secrets than all the US intelligence agencies put together but I think they would tend towards murky grey (in favour of her Sylvari) rather than rotten black. She has a lot to look after so Sylvari first in these sorts of instances, humans second.

Children don’t think, or reason, or behave like adults — because they are NOT adults. They’re children. They don’t generally possess the wisdom or experience necessary to deal with most adult matters. Facing hordes of undead is something that would give a lot of adults trouble, even in a world where such things are known to exist. Waine was a child put into a situation no child should ever have to face. He did what children have done ever since there have been children — when confronted by something too terrifying for him to handle, he panicked and ran away. He was probably too scared to seek out the sylvari, even if he had been capable of getting back to the Grove on his own. Again: he was a child. And we don’t know what happened to him immediately afterward.

Let’s go back to that fateful day, courtesy of the GW2 wiki:

(SPOILERS BELOW)

Riannoc: We make our stand here. The Pale Tree has given me a mighty weapon. Armed with Caladbolg, we cannot fail.

Squire Waine: The lich is powerful, Riannoc. His army is vast!

Riannoc: What good is power when it’s afforded to you by an evil master? What good is an army when you’re standing against love, honor, and loyalty?

Squire Waine: But none of your kind has ever experienced death. Do you even understand fear?

Riannoc: I don’t need to understand it. I only need to do what is right.

Squire Waine: No! I’m… I’m afraid. I’m frightened, Riannoc! I can’t… stay…

And later:

Riannoc: Waine! Where are you?

Squire Waine: I can’t do this! The lich is too strong. I’m too scared! Let’s use the sword to save ourselves. Come on! Let’s go!

Riannoc: Caladbolg… the sword is powerful. With it, we have a chance to-

Squire Waine: A chance to escape… yes! Riannoc, I want to live. I have to get out of here. I don’t want to die!

Riannoc: Waine! No! I need Caladbolg to kill Mazdak! Come back! I cannot give up! Mazdak is coming! Forgive him, Mother. We were both… too young…

Waine was obviously terrified. He tried to convince Riannoc to leave. Riannoc — poor, betrayed Riannoc — should have left. Live to fight another day — and leave the kid at home next time. But, no. Poor, betrayed Riannoc didn’t care what he was dragging Waine into, didn’t care that Waine was obviously not capable of handling it. He had his mighty weapon and his belief that with it, he and one frightened child could conquer an army.

Riannoc was a fool; his foolishness doomed himself, and the boy who should never have been allowed to follow him. He began to realize it, there at the end. Too late.

Which brings us to this: the sylvari’s utter lack of sympathy for a child put in mortal danger by one of their own, a child who was not the betrayer, but the betrayed, whose young life was ruined by the stubborn foolishness of a sylvari Firstborn, and further, the vindictiveness so self-righteously displayed by the sylvari against adult Waine, speaks volumes.

There are indeed secrets in the earth, and the (bad) apple doesn’t fall far from the tree when there is trouble in the roots.

The table is a fable.

zenleto.6179

Children don’t think, or reason, or behave like adults — because they are NOT adults. They’re children. They don’t generally possess the wisdom or experience necessary to deal with most adult matters. Facing hordes of undead is something that would give a lot of adults trouble, even in a world where such things are known to exist. Waine was a child put into a situation no child should ever have to face. He did what children have done ever since there have been children — when confronted by something too terrifying for him to handle, he panicked and ran away. He was probably too scared to seek out the sylvari, even if he had been capable of getting back to the Grove on his own. Again: he was a child. And we don’t know what happened to him immediately afterward.

Let’s go back to that fateful day, courtesy of the GW2 wiki:

(SPOILERS BELOW)

Riannoc: We make our stand here. The Pale Tree has given me a mighty weapon. Armed with Caladbolg, we cannot fail.

Squire Waine: The lich is powerful, Riannoc. His army is vast!

Riannoc: What good is power when it’s afforded to you by an evil master? What good is an army when you’re standing against love, honor, and loyalty?

Squire Waine: But none of your kind has ever experienced death. Do you even understand fear?

Riannoc: I don’t need to understand it. I only need to do what is right.

Squire Waine: No! I’m… I’m afraid. I’m frightened, Riannoc! I can’t… stay…

And later:

Riannoc: Waine! Where are you?

Squire Waine: I can’t do this! The lich is too strong. I’m too scared! Let’s use the sword to save ourselves. Come on! Let’s go!

Riannoc: Caladbolg… the sword is powerful. With it, we have a chance to-

Squire Waine: A chance to escape… yes! Riannoc, I want to live. I have to get out of here. I don’t want to die!

Riannoc: Waine! No! I need Caladbolg to kill Mazdak! Come back! I cannot give up! Mazdak is coming! Forgive him, Mother. We were both… too young…

Waine was obviously terrified. He tried to convince Riannoc to leave. Riannoc — poor, betrayed Riannoc — should have left. Live to fight another day — and leave the kid at home next time. But, no. Poor, betrayed Riannoc didn’t care what he was dragging Waine into, didn’t care that Waine was obviously not capable of handling it. He had his mighty weapon and his belief that with it, he and one frightened child could conquer an army.

Riannoc was a fool; his foolishness doomed himself, and the boy who should never have been allowed to follow him. He began to realize it, there at the end. Too late.

Which brings us to this: the sylvari’s utter lack of sympathy for a child put in mortal danger by one of their own, a child who was not the betrayer, but the betrayed, whose young life was ruined by the stubborn foolishness of a sylvari Firstborn, and further, the vindictiveness so self-righteously displayed by the sylvari against adult Waine, speaks volumes.

There are indeed secrets in the earth, and the (bad) apple doesn’t fall far from the tree when there is trouble in the roots.

Riannoc was born an adult and was still a child at the same time. Neither of them should have been there. Riannoc made a poor choice at the start and Waine made his poor choice afterward.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

- The quality of charr\asura armor compared to other races
- The lackluster designs of medium armor compared to other armor weights
- The on your back forced hobosack of the engi class compared to other classes
- How the NPE dont allows people to have a nice leveling experience anymore
(and dont tell me that the weapon skill and off hand gating is good)

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

WvW on low tier/dead servers
Korean levels of RNG
GW1 lore ignored
No build diversity or skills
Condition system is borked and unacceptable in 2k14, continues to be ignored.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

Posted by: Elsdragon.5109

Elsdragon.5109

What I find unfair is that when people don’t read or follow this thread and expect other forum goers or even Anet to take them seriously.

Also, things are not “unfair” just because you want it and it’s not given to you. It’s unfair when you expect things to always go your way and complain when it doesn’t.

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

Fighting Tequatl/Triple headed wurm/Karka Queen and everything is going great but right before the collect your loot for a job well done phase the game crashes and a ‘send report to anet window’ pops up. I’m not even off the map for 30 seconds but I come back to an empty map of sad times.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

In reality many things, in a game unfair is kind of meaningless.