Nearly immediate creature re-spawn in PvE

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Anybody else noticed this?

I’ve come across this in several places. I haven’t played other MMOs and i don’t think I’ve seen this in a “serious” 3D game since Duke Nukem.
The only refinement here is that usually the enemies respawn behind you so that you don’t see them materializing out of nothing- but not always .

This seems to me a design choice to acccomodate farming, which this game is supposedly not about.

In these places you don’t get the satisfaction of having cleared the area, and it gets really annoying in enclosed spaces when you find yourself surrounded and have to fight the same stuff again to get out. At times there isn’t even time to look at the loot as all enemies come back for a second round. When those enemies are things like Ghost Cannons, things get really annoying.

Could they not wait 5-10 minutes before re-spawning?

Posted by: MrDmajor.7084

MrDmajor.7084

Developers don’t care. People have complained about re-spawns since DAY 1. Nothing has been done, nothing will be done. There will be no response, and my message to you will be deleted most likely.

Enjoy.

ArenaNet does NOT play Guild Wars 2. This can’t be.

Posted by: ElixireL.5190

ElixireL.5190

Developers don’t care. People have complained about re-spawns since DAY 1. Nothing has been done, nothing will be done. There will be no response, and my message to you will be deleted most likely.

Enjoy.

that bad?

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

The devs have discussed this in other threads. They believe respawn is working as intended. They attribute spawns coming up fast to other players killing a spawns in adjoining areas.

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

Enjoy.

that bad?

No. It’s not that bad. The devs are aware of it, and have discussed it. It’s probably not a priority to rework the timers, and would be unwise for Anet to give specualtive information on any changes to spawn rates. Reporting problems in-game, with great detail, is the best way to get results on issues like these.

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

When playing alone that issue is non-stop.

But I agree the DEVs aren’t caring about this issues since like said, it’s reported and I also remember to post about it since the first BWE.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

Actually, you should post where this is happening, and which mobs are doing this. The devs have asked for this, and while I can’t remember where the specific thread is, it has been asked to be reported.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

There have been loads of those threads about the respawn rate being too high.

ArenaNet say whenever they look at the timers they are operating correctly at about a respawn rate of 120 seconds.

Yet the complaints continue…

My own experience is one of constantly being forced to kill the same enemies over and over and over again…just to get anywhere…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

Heres the catch 22: It would seem that the fast respawn would encourage
farming mobs, but if you do, you will either get trash drops for a few hours,
or be labeled a bot and banned. Either way its a lose – lose.