Nebo Terrace Group Event

Nebo Terrace Group Event

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Has anyone actually managed to NOT fail this group event? Even with a small group of people to prevent the scaling of mobs, a group of us still failed to save Nebo Terrace. There is an overwhelming amount of centaurs that just spawn and it gets real nasty when the champion spawns on top of elites and veterans. This group event is a slaughter every time lol. I hope it gets reworked a bit. The difficulty is a bit too high, maybe bring it down a bit. Not to 11111 to win but at least so that its possible to beat.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Done this event many times without it failing. You’re not getting confused between Nebo Terrace & Ascalon Settlement? Because I know Ascalon has a large amout of centaur, elites, champs & so forth.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I think Mizu definitely means Nebo. I’ve never seen Ascalon Settlement get overwhelmed by waves of elites, but have seen that happen for Nebo.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

johnnymiller.5968

I think Mizu definitely means Nebo. I’ve never seen Ascalon Settlement get overwhelmed by waves of elites, but have seen that happen for Nebo.

Just as I have never seen this happen in Nebo. Perhaps there were never enough players to make all the elites spawn.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Pandaman.4758

Just as I have never seen this happen in Nebo. Perhaps there were never enough players to make all the elites spawn.

To be fair the one time I saw this happen was the day of the April feature patch and I think there were probably 15~20 people in Nebo; hardly ever see those numbers in Ascalon since there’s usually only two champions at most, one of which is the war beast you can intercept up in the centaur camp to the north and I think the other doesn’t spawn if the war beast is dead (or somesuch), so it’s not the most rewarding of events.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

i have done it somehow once successful, but mostly that silly event is to increadible unbalanced, that is mostly ends always in a guaranteed fail ,because of the event quickly scaling up way too much, that you can’t handle the fast risign amounts of centaurs anymore, before they stampede you to death or perma launch you to death like a ping pong ball between them around.

This is so ridiculous, because the follow up dyxnamic event after that is then again so incredible laughable, that you reclaim back nebo in a matter of a few seconds again >.>
The prior event just feels so massively forced overpowered to guarantee basically, that the centaurs get nebo every now and then for those few seconds, which makes no sense at all.

Anet should reduce a bit the scaling of the prior event and make thefore the follow up event a bit more challenign to reclaim Nebo, once it has been taken by the Centaurs, so that the follow up event doesn’t feel like a big joke so much as you should expect from the centaurs, that they would defend Nebo better, once they claimed it …

However, that circular stampeding is just too powerful and forces people basically as logn they have not permanently stability up to leave the claim circle to hold the village.
Anet should change the prior event, that palyers should defend Nebo in a diffwerent way to hold it, instead of havign to permanently stay in that stupid circle.

Players should defend the villagers and if they all die, then Nebo is lost.
That way players can freely move around, without beign forced to stay in such a dumb circle to hold the town an Anet can remove that silly circular overpowered stampede that the centaurs do just to force the players out of the area…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Nebo Terrace Group Event

johnnymiller.5968

To be fair the one time I saw this happen was the day of the April feature patch and I think there were probably 15~20 people in Nebo; hardly ever see those numbers in Ascalon since there’s usually only two champions at most, one of which is the war beast you can intercept up in the centaur camp to the north and I think the other doesn’t spawn if the war beast is dead (or somesuch), so it’s not the most rewarding of events.

My participation has involved either retaking Nebo or the defense of. Can recall seeing one of the war beasts once in a while. Is there a third event? Or has this event become the new farm spot for champs?

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Pandaman.4758

My participation has involved either retaking Nebo or the defense of. Can recall seeing one of the war beasts once in a while. Is there a third event? Or has this event become the new farm spot for champs?

I’m not sure if it’s an event chain, per se, but to my knowledge the only other possible related event that might have a champion is the modniir chief in the caves to the west. Other than that the number of champions in Gendarran is too low for people to bother farming it, since it took an arrow to the champions at the same time Queensdale did.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

johnnymiller.5968

I’m not sure if it’s an event chain, per se, but to my knowledge the only other possible related event that might have a champion is the modniir chief in the caves to the west. Other than that the number of champions in Gendarran is too low for people to bother farming it, since it took an arrow to the champions at the same time Queensdale did.

Might go check it out. Could be another broken event. Know one other event very close to Nebo is broken.
Seen an event in Malchor’s leap where risen continually spawn & the event can never be completed.

(edited by johnnymiller.5968)

Nebo Terrace Group Event

johnnymiller.5968

I see what you mean about this event. According to another thread the event was changed with the September feature patch release. Hence why I had not encountered all the vet, elites & champs. Get the impression this event is bugged.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The nebo terrace event is a fairly new problem that has cropped up. It never fails to make me laugh when 50 odd vet centaurs turn up versus 2-3 players.

No i havent seen it succeed since it broke either.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Pandaman.4758

I see what you mean about this event. According to another thread the event was changed with the September feature patch release. Hence why I had not encountered all the vet, elites & champs. Get the impression this event is bugged.

Ah, I stand corrected, it was September and not April. I thought the change accompanied the traits patch, though I do vaguely recall it might have been related to the NPE instead.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

johnnymiller.5968

The nebo terrace event is a fairly new problem that has cropped up. It never fails to make me laugh when 50 odd vet centaurs turn up versus 2-3 players.

No i havent seen it succeed since it broke either.

lol yeah. Couldn’t believe my eyes tonight.

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: Therys.4368

Therys.4368

I just went there after reading this thread and everybody wiped. This reminds me of back when the Cursed Shore tunnel farming events got crazy with the scaling and spawning Champion Risen Wraiths and Champion Risen Chickens that shot out 12,000 damage eggs. Is the centaur champion supposed to die before the timer runs out?

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I personally think this is a bug and as such I opened a thread there…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Defend-Nebo-Terrace

someone else felt the same way…

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Nebo-Terrace-Event-bugged

Nebo Terrace Group Event

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

If isn’t a bug, for sure is an event made to fail. Makes no sense at all.

First time I saw that ‘new event’ I was with my level 40 ranger and there was another player there. Suddenly we got swarmed by 10 veterans. By the time we killed like 1 or 2, four more players came to the event and that’s when those 10 vets became 30+, 10 elites and 2 champs. We all died expect for a warrior that managed to run for his life and never look back.

My issue with the Nebo defense event is that is so crazy and, somehow, the next event on the chain, to reclaim, spawns so fast and is so incredible easy. The events need some tweak and balance.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle