Nebo Terrace Still Undefendable.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

This needs to be tweaked again because it’s still not do-able at the level for the zone. Even if with 30 people at the level, the centaurs are still too tough, too many vets and the trebs do crap for damage. 300 and a knock down on a direct hit is laughable. Not to mention that you get maybe 2 launches before the centaurs come tear down the treb. Get rid of these lame trebs and replace them with arrow carts. No where in this game are trebs useful outside of Edge of the Mists and even then, they’re not used that much except for trolling.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Seconded. Thirded. Fourthed. I hate centaurs.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yeah, this event is nails. Tried it a good few times a few weeks back. Zero success rate. People say the game is easy, need to try and do this event.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Nebo Terrace eh? Where chances of failure and certain death are extremely high?

I’m in!

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

BrotherBelial.3094

Nebo Terrace eh? Where chances of failure and certain death are extremely high?

I’m in!

Extremely high? Try, dum dum dum! Certain Death!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

You mean failure is not a planned part of the event?

BrotherBelial.3094

You mean failure is not a planned part of the event?

If you where meant to fail as part of the event. Then shouldn’t you get rewarded for being in the event? Over the awww, you took part and wasted x amount of time and get nothing.

I know this game has always had problems with rewards of time played. But this is just harsh.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

The Nebo Terrace defence event scales up rather rapidly, I have managed this late at night with just a couple of people but failed with about 30.

The good bit is you get some loot and then get to retake, which is fairly easy.

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

Tried this one recently. It scaled very high with elite. Eventually they matched across the field and knocked everyone down like what you have in queen gauntlet. Very straight.

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

this is easier to do with less people. Or if you have a lot of people, you need most of them to be competent.

I’ve done it solo on an approriate level character multiple times.

Personally I think it’s fine for it to fail if you have 30 people and most are incompetent, it forces people to improve.

Posted by: mdee.5194

mdee.5194

It is a tuff event, but doable if everyone knows whats got to be done .
If you can get a group there before the event starts and explain to everyone the phases of the event and whats got to be done its possible.
My success rate is about 1 in 6.

Posted by: Stokowski.5493

Stokowski.5493

“Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success.”

- Ernest Shackleton’s advertisement seeking adventurers for a journey to Nebo Terrace.

Posted by: Yamialexa.5103

Yamialexa.5103

I think I’ve succeeded at this event once so far. That was actually pretty thrilling, so I’m not sure it should be nerfed, because it just feels so rewarding when you actually do it. If they do it, I hope not too much

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe yall could contact all the players complaining about the BWE being easier to come over to that event and do it. They all said they love harder PvE content.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

It is a tuff event, but doable if everyone knows whats got to be done .
If you can get a group there before the event starts and explain to everyone the phases of the event and whats got to be done its possible.
My success rate is about 1 in 6.

Which is rare, especially at that level. In fact I am struggling to think of any (outside of Orr, which is high-level anyway) where the mechanics are not obvious and in the event description. Usually it comes down to straightforward kill/defend events or collections. The events surrounding nebo (and the retake itself) all follow this formula so most players would naturally assume it is the same.

I have been playing for a year and did not realize the mechanics are anything different than “kill centaurs while the NPCs use the catapults against them”. If it is different maybe the description needs to change? If we are doing it wrong that would make it a LOT easier!

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Just to clarify things.

~ Gendarran Fields is listed on the map as a level 25-35 zone. So the people you should see are the ones at that level. Next events like Nebo Terrace use scripted mobs. Meaning that a vet or elite that comes by default is different than ones that spawn from scaling up the event. Scripted mobs have different hit points, armor rating and do more damage. These scripted mobs are too tough, plain and simple. To be able to complete this event at the level suggested by the map, you need an army, but that scales the event up as if it wasn’t impossible to begin with.

~ Trebuchets. These are by far THE worst piece of siege equipment to use in a PvE setting. I don’t even bother using them in Edge of the Mists simply because they’re only good for one thing; taking out bridges. The centaurs that claim Nebo Terrace vastly outnumber the amount of damage output of the trebs. I hit a centaur head on, I mean put the boulder right in his back pocket, did 300 damage and knocked him down. Then the horde of angry centaur came and tore the treb down in the matter of a few seconds. And that centaur that I hit for a whopping 300 got back up and kept running around the flagpole. Treb damage isn’t enough, it fires too slow, and is so weak it might as well be made of toothpicks and rubber bands.

~ The time on the event is too quick for the amount of mobs that you have to deal with.

~ I and other players don’t mind events being tough, it makes it fun, but when it’s almost impossible to do from the start and with the rework not too long ago, it needs to be looked over again. If a dev pays attention to this thread, keep track of how many times this event is done vs ignored due to hatred of it. Then look at how many wins vs losses. Finally compare the losses from not doing to event vs it failing because it’s so Eff’ed up from the get go.

Replace trebs with arrow carts or rework the trebs to make them worth using and defending. Stop using scripted vets, elites and champs with events that scale. Totally understandable that one person can’t defend and entire village from a horde of centaur, not even 5 or 10, but when it takes 10 to bring down ONE scripted mob and there are so many more… there’s just no amount of bread or ketchup that can make that sandwich worth biting into.

RIP Nebo Terrace.

Posted by: keth.1836

keth.1836

Must admit I like this event. True, you have to learn about it to get the best out of it.

You have to learn it’s good to lose this one. That then spawns, is it 3?, back to back very easy events the total rewards of which dwarf those you get if you actually win the first one.

It’s different. That’s good.

It’s one of my ‘must-do’ hubs when levelling.

(edited by keth.1836)

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I’ve done the event, it’s pretty great to pull it off, the treb knockdown is very important to stop the centaur’s trample so people can dps them down.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

I’m not saying all events should be like this, but I think some more could be. I like having a world that actually fights back, rather than just being flattened by mindless zergs.