Necro axe auto attack a bug?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eight Samurai.6840

Eight Samurai.6840

So I just noticed that when using auto attack for necro, it is now an incredibly slow swing compared to before and a different animation maybe too, hard to tell now. I’m posting it here because I’m not sure if this is a bug or a nerf to necro. Anyone have an idea?

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Eww…yes hope it is a bug. That is……awful.

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

It also makes the offhand weapon vanish during the animation. Not only it it buggy, but it looks horrible. I want the old animation back. I submitted a bug report ingame…

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

People use axe on Necro? It’s one of the worst weapon sets in the game.

Can confirm it is indeed bugged now though~ Hopefully it just means they are messing around with it in hope of buffing it but broke it instead on accident.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Looks like they’ve combined the two swings into one (and yes, made off-hand weapons disappear for the duration). Another one of those pvp-oriented nerfs to auto-attacks I guess.

In my defence, I had to dig it out of some long forgotten storage bag to try it.

(edited by LameFox.6349)

Eight Samurai.6840

Can confirm it is indeed bugged now though~ Hopefully it just means they are messing around with it in hope of buffing it but broke it instead on accident.

You are cray cray! Power necro is one of the most fun builds i run! Not necessarily the BEST build but definitely one of the most fun

Randulf.7614

Yes I use it. I find it extremely fun to play with.

Well before the patch anyway…

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You are cray cray! Power necro is one of the most fun builds i run! Not necessarily the BEST build but definitely one of the most fun

Power Necro main hands dagger and does backstab damage to the face though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

It honestly looks like you’re fanning the enemy more than swinging an axe, really hope this is a bug.

Eight Samurai.6840

Power Necro main hands dagger and does backstab damage to the face though.

I like to run Axe/warhorn dagger/focus. It’s a nice combo of removing boons stacking vuln and slowing them down.

LameFox.6349

Also I doubt this is an accident or bug considering it now has an activation time of 1s in the tooltip. They’re making it easier to interrupt, just like they did when they shifted warrior’s axe damage to the end of its three hit auto.

Eight Samurai.6840

Also I doubt this is an accident or bug considering it now has an activation time of 1s in the tooltip. They’re making it easier to interrupt, just like they did when they shifted warrior’s axe damage to the end of its three hit auto.

Did they shift the damage here too?

LameFox.6349

Well, yes and no. It doesn’t have a chain to move damage to the back of, so making it slower has a similar effect.

Eight Samurai.6840

Well, yes and no. It doesn’t have a chain to move damage to the back of, so making it slower has a similar effect.

Well there is a chain skill that u can see under the animation. It’s 2 separate attacks and a chain bar that fills up…. Uhhhhh I hope an Anet staff says something so we aren’t speculating.

LameFox.6349

Well there is a chain skill that u can see under the animation. It’s 2 separate attacks and a chain bar that fills up…. Uhhhhh I hope an Anet staff says something so we aren’t speculating.

AFAIK it was always one attack, but previously you would hit and then hit again. Now it is still one attack, and still has two hits, but you make one long swing and hit twice.

Randulf.7614

Posted by: ElPollo.3625

ElPollo.3625

This just totally ruins the necro human for me. Been playing since launch and now it looks like my oldest and most loved character is fanning her enemy. I can’t even begin to understand these choices, the bug fixing is fine but replacing the animation is not. I look like an effin joke now, way to ruin a cosmetic game.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’ll have to see how this looks on my Asuran necro later.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

BolkovonHarnfeldt.1372

I’ll have to see how this looks on my Asuran necro later.

Prepare to be disappointed. They took away one of the best animations in the game (IMO) and replaced it with something meh

So much left that I wanted to see…

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I just noticed this. the animation on my sylvari is just… wow. just no.
the rending claws animation was the only reason i played axe over dagger. one of the best looking attacks in game. and now…

I just don’t understand this decision from a design standpoint