Necro or Guard?

Necro or Guard?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Velcro Raptor.5064

Velcro Raptor.5064

Just got back after taking a break from GW2 and am trying to decide between a Necromancer and a Guardian.

So far I have a level 80 Warrior and Ranger.

Considering using the jump to level 20 item they gave me.

For general PvE/PvP (Focus on PvE) Which class would be preferable?

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Your choice will ultimately be a personal one. I would select Necromancer since you’ve already played a class from the Soldier and Adventurer professions. Then again, I’ve always been partial to variety. Oh, and if the personal story matters to you be sure to pick a race you haven’t chosen before.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I would say stick to your warrior.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Stick to your warrior…. but if you have to make an alt, pick a Guardian. All of the other classes besides the Guardian/Warrior are complete garbage right now.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Necro or Guard?

Velcro Raptor.5064

Jeeze what did they do to the other classes? o_o

I am gonna roll an alt due to a couple friends picking up the game and wanting me to play with them.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

If you go necro, I’d recommend taking a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKcDOIgEGLU — I played around with that build, and it is fun.

But I prefer guard. Great support skills, you can trait for good DPS, and even full glass cannon, it’s not as squishy as my poor ele; it’ll be less squishy than necro. (Also, runes of the traveler fix what I used to find most frustrating — they give a passive 25% speed buff.) I prefer my ele for WvW, but guard is fun in PvE and PvP. OTOH, I think the same can be said of necro.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Stick to your warrior…. but if you have to make an alt, pick a Guardian. All of the other classes besides the Guardian/Warrior are complete garbage right now.

Hyperbole, anyone?

Pick what you think you will have fun with.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Hyperbole, anyone?

Pick what you think you will have fun with.

Haha, I wish it was hyperbole. I switched builds at least 25 times on my Elementalist because Anet kept nerfing every build I made. I finally was forced to go staff and made a pretty decent build for the staff, but then Anet goes and nerfs the last build I could come up with using the staff. And the warrior gets buffed. Logic.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Why not Zoidberg?

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: EverythingXen.1835

EverythingXen.1835

I am gonna roll an alt due to a couple friends picking up the game and wanting me to play with them.

If I was going to run around with a bunch of nooby friends, I’d roll a guardian.

Depending on what classes/builds your friends pick, the Necro might step on their toes via condition cap.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

necro. guards are too… everywhere.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

PvE in general we still have the same “tiers” for the longest time. Warriors, Mesmers, Elementalists, and Guardians are still top picks for most parties, with Rangers, Thieves, Engineers, and Necromancers at the bottom of the list. This is mostly due to various things, but usually due to berzerker builds still being the king of dungeons and whatnot. Don’t let it get you down though, play what you want. I’ve seen those “top tier” classes fail harder than the other classes most of the time. Remember, play what you want if you enjoy it.

For me, the choice is dependent on what you like. If you like the idea of being group support most of the time with a lot of your skills (I’m not joking, most are), go Guardian. If you prefer conditions to hit the enemies most of the time and really mess with them with most of your skills (again, not joking), go Necromancer.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Necro or Guard?

Velcro Raptor.5064

Good point about the condition cap.

So far leaning towards Guardian due to group play.

Are either of them late bloomers as a note?

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

please dont listen to these Forums. People here are extremely kitten. Guardian is an absolute beast, but Necro and Engi are arguably the best overall classes. Warrior and Guardian are both amazing, but it depends on what you want to do. The Condition cap can be annoying, by Hybrid Necro is an absolute MONSTER. youtube it.

Necro or Guard?

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Necromancer starts off a bit hard to survive at first, but once you get more skills and traits, they become easier to use and kick butt with.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald