xxxmatrix.2409

Hey everyone ive been indecisive lately about what class i want my main
its Between Necro, Guardian or Warrior which is the best for PVE
if you could help i really would appreciate it

Necro vs Guardian vs Warrior

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Apocalypse Azza.5734

Apocalypse Azza.5734

There is no best for PvE. If it is your first character just go with the one that interests you the most. You should not be worried about anything else at all.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

All depends on your play-style and PVE takes many forms

Necro’s have permanent minions that your really can’t control in addition they can have a secondary health pool. When it comes to open world PVE I don’t think anything really beats a Necro however minions are as I said uncontrollable which isn’t good for dungeons, fractals, or raids. The secondary healthpool is something the class has to be balanced on so their burst isn’t that strong compared to other classes either as it would make them to strong to have a great burst then tank out the the second health-pool into a secondary burst hence their low burst dmg. This means in group content your not that effective with trash mobs so sometimes people don’t like taking you along. The elite is Reaper and I’ve read the class needs a proper combo field in order to maximize its dps which again is harder to do in group content. Overall there probably the best solo class there but gets knocks against when introduced to instanced play.

Guardian may look like a tanky healing bruiser of a class but from my perspective they play more like a melee oriented Gw1 prot monk. Lots of protection and defensive skills there raw healing isn’t the best but they can provide buffs. Guardians as a base I’ve found have shrunken a bit due to HoT due to the elite specialization the Guardian when first introduced projected an appearance that people wanted to play the elite on the other hand was a longbow wielding trap user and thus people who wanted to get right right up into the action to support their teammates weren’t to happy. Many of the guards I know swapped mains as a result of the Dragonhunter. Out of the three classes you mentioned the Guardian is something I’d feel better if someone else added additional input because these days I’m not even sure I can say that guardian is the most supportive of the three classes. It doesn’t have a taunt either which is a feel is worth mentioning.

Warriors are all round characters I remember seeing charts stating their the most played class in the game which makes perfect sense. Back in the day dungeons were basically Zerk Warr only. They’ve always placed well in other modes as well and I’ve never heard them complain too much about their own class but comments about other classes. I said I can’t really say that guardians are the most supportive class given all their support abilities because warriors were buffed so that their flags effect ten players instead of 5 that means your supporting more people at a time than the Guardian can in either raids or open world content. I also find Warriors to be the most versatile with the most weapon options of any class in the game and unlike guardian they can do more conditions than merely burn.

However as I said it’s a personal choice depending on how you want to play and I’ll make the same comment I tell everyone with similar questions regarding class. Simply make and try out each of those classes in the pvp lobby. The pvp lobby unlocks all skills and has training dummies so you can get a feel of how each class plays and its abilities before investing into it.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

Warrior is pretty much meta in PvE , dungeons, fractals and raids as a buffer...
As a pure PvE DPS class condi warrior is still a bit viable
They can perform this role as DPS or Condi Build. In WvW they had a role as shout heal cleansers and CC frontliners, but it has diminished a lot.
Condi Warrior is based around burns and bleeds, cripples and immobilizes, and has acces to stuns and dazes and other control meachnisms...

PVE ++ Okay survivability and good dps
Dungeons +++ 1 DPS mandatory in each comp
Fractals +++ 1 Condi mandatory in each comp
RAIDS +++ 2 DPS or Condi depedning on boss mandatory in each comp
WvW +/- Niche as far as I understood GS&hammer still sees use

Necromancer is a niche class in RAIDS has a set of followers for fractals and is generally shunned in dungeons, even though the DPS reaper is a valid class there
In WvW necro before reaper had a long tradition, but tends to be outclassed by other
classes...
Necro has acces to several conditions (including bleeds, poison, torment, chill, criple, fear(terror) and burns) and can be very usefull as a condi spreader using epidemic. (transfers 25 stacks of any conditions to the enemy, this can be returned by epidemic on a secondary spawn resulting into 25 stacks being returned for every effective Epidemic (4 necro’s can stack 75 of all condi’s fast if needed in an effective group... pretty much destroying everything in the field of effect)

PVE +++ premium survivability and good dps, good solo capability
Dungeons 0 most ppl shun(ned) necro’s , DPS can work perfectly
Fractals +++ 3/4 condi + 1 druid (and 1 C-berserker)
RAIDS 0/++ Condi is Niche seing action rarely, though power for certain comps w-/could be viable
WvW + +

Guardian has been a jack of all trades, though the small healthpool compared to warrior and necro takes some getting used to...
DPS dragonhunter is a vary good option for DPS fillers in raids, fractals and other content. It brings control, reflects, if needed AoE heals , boons in a versatile package.
Guardian/DH also has acces to almost all buffs ingame, making it a class which can be a good booner and protector...
Guardian is both powerfull and weak at conditions. It only has acces to Burning...

PvE + squishy if you do not know what to do
Dungeons +++ excellent support
Fractals +++ Good filler with mitigation and reflects
Raids +++ Nice DPS filler
WvW +++ Guardian has been the basic warrior of WvW since headstart

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

Posted by: Darius.3504

Darius.3504

If you’re new to the game and don’t wanna spend much time with alts and such, I’d recommend warriors.

Easy access to both power and condi builds.
Good mobility in open world with GS / Sword / Warhorn.
Large health pool.
Contender for top DPS.
Wanted in basically every group due to their passive traits and banners.
They will essentially leave you plenty of room to learn the game so you can decide if you want an alt later on.

Guardians are similar, albeit different. They’re relatively tanky too, not so much through pure beefiness but passive profs, boons and such. In spite of their name, they’re a lot more selfish than Warriors in their playstyle. They are presented with lots of options to stay alive and deal damage. What they’re lacking most is mobility, and I don’t see that changing anytime soon. So keep that in mind.

Necros are the most selfish out of all. They offer little to no support to their team. They are valued, however, for their unique ways of dealing with enemies, especially at higher levels where conditions become a thing (and Necros are the masters of conditions). They can quite easily faceroll open world content due to their minions. They are the least mobile class in the game. (they have no movement skills and their only speed boosts come from a signet and a wh skill which, coincidentally, also deals ticks around you – this proves counterproductive most of the time, as it’ll aggro mobs, putting you in combat mode and reducing your speed drastically.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Hi, OP! I’ve played everything, 80’d it, world completed it. Currently maining a MM Reaper Necro and having an absolute blast on it - but note I don’t do group content per se, so my little cuties don’t break anyone’s day (usually. Bless ’em). I also have a basic DPS DH Guardian in the stable, but he doesn’t get out much. I always deleted any warrior I made due to finding them rather boring - and yes, that’s even after doing world completion and some WvW with them.

You can, however, pick any of the professions, and there’s a build for all game modes if you’re coming up short yourself. Then tweak to your preferences (and/or what best accommodates the people you group with if that’s how you roll). If you have the character slots, roll one of each and just play them. Maybe you’ll find that they all have enjoyable merits and are keepers.

If you do decide to play a warrior, do note random open world people will nick your banners when you’re not looking and run off with them. Many a time I found myself running after them, shouting "Oi! Give that back!!"

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”