Necromancer Identity Crisis. (Suggestions)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

As I play this game, I noticed that a lot of armors and outfits tend to lean toward the Mesmer classes. While not inherently bad, but I think the Necromancer could use some love too in terms of fashion. (Hell, even the Ascalonian ghost necros aren’t even wearing their contemporary Ascalonian armors.)

You guys have so much previous work to expand upon and work with. Bring back the light leather, metal, and bones. Please? We need armor that makes a statement and says, “Yes, I the dead are my playthings and I dabble in the dark arts”.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer_armor

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

We need armor that makes a statement and says, “Yes, I the dead are my playthings and I dabble in the dark arts”.

Today, that means a school uniform and glasses.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

While I can understand, and completely agree with what OP wants, for my character, dressing like a small, Dark Librarian (dark colored Heritage Armor) works just fine for her.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

How about giving us the armor they used in promotional images for the Reaper elite spec?

Attachments:

Posted by: PaperSamurai.1986

PaperSamurai.1986

How about giving us the armor they used in promotional images for the Reaper elite spec?

That armor is the Armor of the Lich (Arah dungeon armor), but with the Reaper’s Hood

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Every necromancer needs a little swagger.

Attachments:

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

misterman.1530

That armor is the Armor of the Lich (Arah dungeon armor), but with the Reaper’s Hood

Huh. Looks cool in the pic I posted, but the actual armor looks like crap – I just want a black (deep black) robe and hood. No swirly bits – just black

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

Huh. Looks cool in the pic I posted, but the actual armor looks like crap – I just want a black (deep black) robe and hood. No swirly bits – just black

I mean, have you tried dying your armor just black/grey? Cause that’s how you get black robes. If you want deep black you’ll need to shell out for a deep black looking dye.

Color isn’t determined by armor.

misterman.1530

I mean, have you tried dying your armor just black/grey? Cause that’s how you get black robes. If you want deep black you’ll need to shell out for a deep black looking dye.

Color isn’t determined by armor.

I know color isn’t determined by armor – what I mean is just cloth – no decorations on it, no extra “flashy” bits – no cleavage showing for female characters. Black robe and hood. That’s it. No feathers, no chain or trim of crappy looking skulls. Just robe and hood. Like this (the bone wings would be the backpiece).

Attachments:

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

As I play this game, I noticed that a lot of armors and outfits tend to lean toward the Mesmer classes. While not inherently bad, but I think the Necromancer could use some love too in terms of fashion. (Hell, even the Ascalonian ghost necros aren’t even wearing their contemporary Ascalonian armors.)

You guys have so much previous work to expand upon and work with. Bring back the light leather, metal, and bones. Please? We need armor that makes a statement and says, “Yes, I the dead are my playthings and I dabble in the dark arts”.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Necromancer_armor

or simply “yes i am of the scholar class and intelligent enough to wear something more defensive than a dress.”

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I think you should either play pre-HoT necromancer or be forced to wear all pink if you play a faceroll reaper.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I think you should either play pre-HoT necromancer or be forced to wear all pink if you play a faceroll reaper.

i think you should call the Cenobites because you’re a straight up masochist

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I had been wearing the T3 racial Asura armor for years, but recently switched out for the reaper hood and a few exalted pieces. It would be nice if we had a few more choices though.

Attachments:

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Also, I would love this set.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

There’s always the gemstore armor set

Profane

Attachments:

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

name that tune!

Attachments:

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

None of my necromancers are human and I’m pretty happy with the look in pieces of cultural wear. Charr and Sylvari particularly since my Norn isn’t 80 yet. I can see the value and attraction of a plain robe and hood though. Simple can be better sometimes.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Zeivu.3615

There’s always the gemstore armor set

Profane

I have had it since day one, though it really isn’t enough. I would kill for a Necrotic set revamp.

Edit: I have been creative with my Sylvari, using a Order of Whispers top, Phoenix bottom, Dry Bones gloves, and Primitive boots, but I can’t recreate that oldskool, Human-necro feel.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

that would mean staying true to lore and having designers that can create a myriad of distinct designs.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Zeivu.3615

that would mean staying true to lore and having designers that can create a myriad of distinct designs.

I am not saying it has to be exact. Just like the Profane Set and Lich Raiments outfit aren’t exact. Just being in the ballpark will be good enough for me. There is still a lot they can draw from.

The Monk outfit and all of the god outfits based on Dervish Transformations kind of invalids your argument though.

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Also:

And there are individual pieces to consider:

Then there’s the outfits that are necrotic themed:

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Zeivu.3615

I already have the masques and the Bull’s Mantle. You also have to consider the fact that the mantles are no longer obtainable outside of the TP. Newer users are at a distinct disadvantage with these items, as they are with the Scythe skin. Also, there is less to really match it with. Unfortunately, on the human necros, the Demon and Skull just looks like cheap Halloween paint on the human base. (Each Race has slight differences with the masques) The problem with the Wraith Masque is that doesn’t agree with all color themes. It’s just too limited, otherwise it’s a nice piece of work.

I am looking for more oldskool skins. I have already tried those options listed. “Passend für mich nicht.”

Also:

And there are individual pieces to consider:

Then there’s the outfits that are necrotic themed:

(edited by Zeivu.3615)

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I disagree with the demon masque on humans being like cheap halloween facepaint (I rather love it), but definitely agree with the skull (all other races wear it better).

My point was more that “they exist” rather than “they’re easily available”.

Otherwise I wouldn’t have linked the Reaper’s Hood.

Hopefully, ArenaNet will re-add those 2012 Halloween skins in a more giving method than “we’ll give out 100 of each weapon skin, screw the armor skins”.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

name that tune!

Or rather, ‘name that toon!’

Lol.