Need 'Consume All' option for booze

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Because of this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alcohol#Thirst_Slayer

I worked on it a bit a few months ago but gave up on it because my finger got sore from all the clicking; having to buy 1 drink at a time then having to double click to consume each and every drink.

Well the April 19 patch solved the issue of buying such items. We can now set the quantity to buy a whole stack of 250 at once. But, there still is no option to consume an entire stack of booze that counts for this achievement, making it a long and tedious task of double clicking and giving you cramps in the hand. I’m kinda surprised this hasn’t been done yet. They did it for the various alcoholic drinks from Wintersday Gifts.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

I’ll second this, the exact reason I stopped going for that achievement was because my right hand was cramping up.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I think the point of it being an achievement is precisely because it’s so tedious. Not much of an achievement if you could just right-click a few times!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

CMM.6712

In my opinion, the achievement part should be spending the gold/karma necessary not destroying hand health.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Yay! you spent money, here’s some achievement points. Hardly call that worthy of an achievement.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Mokk.2397

Mokk.2397

On Bourbon ,One Scotch, One Beer..I Drink alone.

Charrbeque.8729

I think the point of it being an achievement is precisely because it’s so tedious. Not much of an achievement if you could just right-click a few times!

I’ll tell you what’s tedious. Doing the winter wonderland jumping puzzle over 1,000 times to farm gifts for the shoulder skin.

Having to consume 1 drink at a time is atrocious and unnecessary.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

and why not give a consume all to bags too? they need to draw a borderline somewhere… they decided to just do it with essences, which is fine imo, have you ever salvaged hundreds of ectos

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

and why not give a consume all to bags too? they need to draw a borderline somewhere… they decided to just do it with essences, which is fine imo, have you ever salvaged hundreds of ectos

Indeed. Why not give a Consume All to bags? It’s been raised before and if a person understands the ramifications of using the option, why not let them use it? Caveat Emptor.

Where do they “draw a borderline”? Well, they made a Consume All option on luck, then recently added it to transformation charges I believe, because it makes sense. And over time I suspect they’ll add it to other things that make sense. It’s a moving line. Who’s to say where it should stop except anet.

Yay! you spent money, here’s some achievement points. Hardly call that worthy of an achievement.

Frankly, clicking 1,000 or 10,000 or X number of times doesn’t seem like much of an achievement either – especially when people could use a macro to perform two clicks with one press or employ a sibling to sit there tapping a key. The achievement comes from acquiring the gold and karma and the determination to spend a lot of these on one achievement.

have you ever salvaged hundreds of ectos

I haven’t salvaged hundreds, but if someone wanted to why stop them?

Charrbeque.8729

That’s stupid and I’m getting tired of people complaining about not being able to open a whole stack of bags at once. People do actually suggest it on the forums on occasion. But that’s not what I’m asking.

Consuming a stack of drinks removes the item from your inventory. Opening a stack of bags adds items to your inventory, and chances are even with max bag slots and a completely empty inventory, you might not have room for all of it.

The eggnog and other drinks from wintersday gifts as well as transmutation charges have a consume all option because it removes the items from your inventory. Since they have some drinks with the option I don’t see why all drinks can’t. Booze is booze, no matter what type of booze it is.

What I’m asking for is to make it a standard since it’s already been done for certain types of drinks. There aren’t any bags or other container types of items that have a consume all option and I’m not asking for such. What you’re doing is trying to compare apples to oranges. Drinks and bags are not the same thing.

A Cup of Spiced Cider has the same exact functionality as a Stein of Ale. You drink them, your screen gets wobbly, and it counts towards an achievement. Bags are not drinks.

Cup of Spiced Cider, Mug of Eggnog, and Glass of Buttered Spirits all have a consume all option. These specific drinks do count for the Thirst Slayer achievement but cost several silver at least in the trading post. A Stein of Ale costs 8 copper each from various merchants in the game and gives 4 points each toward the achievement, but have no consume all option, making it rather monotonous and hard on the hand.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alcohol#Thirst_Slayer
The most cost effective way is the Stein of Ale that gives 4 points each. It works out to 2 copper per point. But it means you need tons of them for the achievement.

The most point efficient way would be something like Flask of Recovered Brew. It gives 16 points. Although you use 4 times as less than Stein of Ale, it’s still a ton of clicking.

The easiest way that doesn’t require tons of clicking or give you hand cramps would be the 3 wintersday drinks that have the consume all option. But that’s the most expensive route. The cheapest of the 3 in the trading post is just over 7 silver, and that’s 7+ silver per point for Thirst Slayer achievement compared to 2-8 copper each for stuff you can buy from merchants (or millions and millions of Karma if you want to go that route).

CMM.6712

Well, that was precisely how the thirst slayer achievement was gotten in GW1. Along with sweet tooth, and others. IDK… I’m not trying to cheapen it, just don’t want carpal tunnel syndrome either. There is A LOT of clicking in this game. ANY relief would be a good thing, not sure that anyone would see changes like that as a negative.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

For the winterday drinks they did add a consume stack function, I’m not against that just the idea of an all drinks in your inventory function.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Charrbeque.8729

For the winterday drinks they did add a consume stack function, I’m not against that just the idea of an all drinks in your inventory function.

Just a consume all right-click option for other alcohol for using a single stack. I’m not saying we should be able to use multiple stacks at a time. Just what they did with the wintersday drinks.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

On Bourbon ,One Scotch, One Beer..I Drink alone.

You know, when I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself.