Need Tengu Tonics <3

Need Tengu Tonics <3

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ryn Shaia.8640

Ryn Shaia.8640

I’m not sure how or where to make suggestions for possible future content, so I’ll just put this here. It’s looking pretty obvious that we’ll never get a playable tengu race, which is a real shame…but understandable from a development point of view. Could you, in the future, instead make tengu tonics like you do for the koda? The skin of Kensho Arrowsoul, the guild hall workshop proprietor, is so kitten I’d actually spend gems to have it…or grind an insane amount of hours to get it. Anyway, please please consider it I’d so love to fight in the GW universe as a tengu, even if it’s only as a tonic

Need Tengu Tonics <3

Posted by: Odinius.9826

Odinius.9826

Awesome idea!
I’d love some Endless Tengu full battle tonics, but we need one for each tribe.
Make it a collection with an Angchu, Avicara, Caromi, Quetzal and Sensali tonic which unlocks a small roost in your home instance with mini tengu <3

((Oh and please look into that tonic and toys tab))

Need Tengu Tonics <3

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Yes please!

The question is do tengu have a full set of animations (run, walk, jump, swing sword, shoot rifle, etc). If not then a combat tonic won’t be possible until an animator spends time making them.

P.S. I could make those animations if anet let me borrow the rig

(edited by Xenon.4537)

Need Tengu Tonics <3

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

why is it obvious we won’t get a tengu race? maybe they havent figured out the logistics of how it’s going to work and put it off indefinitely.. but this games going to be around for a long time and Tengu seems the likeliest for a new race which I think eventually we will get

Need Tengu Tonics <3

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

why is it obvious we won’t get a tengu race? maybe they havent figured out the logistics of how it’s going to work and put it off indefinitely.. but this games going to be around for a long time and Tengu seems the likeliest for a new race which I think eventually we will get

I’m still holding out hope for it, especially since they added mounts against everyone’s predictions. If you are interested I am fairly familiar with the logistical and technical issues involved. It’s a LOT of work, but not insurmountable, and it’s definitely a good expansion seller if done right.

Need Tengu Tonics <3

Posted by: Thornwolf.9721

Thornwolf.9721

If they made this a tonic and not its own flushed out race, it would prove that there is no hope for such content. And I have a feeling it would kitten alot of people off, and probably turn them off from the game. There were a few who liked the kodan tonic, but alot of people were disappointing by what it could mean.

Need Tengu Tonics <3

Posted by: Sirius.4510

Sirius.4510

Expansion 3 probably does need something earlier expansions haven’t had to get more of a buzz around it… don’t really see more professions after Revenant (at least not with elite specs filling much of the same role), and they’ve just done mounts… figuring out how to tackle new races without breaking the game would seem like a logical next step. There might be an alternative, though, but I’m not really sure what it would be.

A battle tonic would, retrospectively, seem pretty silly once they’d introduced the race it was supposed to represent as playable, which does give the impression that the latter still hasn’t been ruled out… although it could equally be explained by the fact that neither tengu nor largos made appearances in LWS3. Although you could argue there were opportunities for that to happen I guess.

Just a random PuGgle.
Stormbluff Isle ( http://www.stormbluffisle.com )