Need a followers list remove button

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Anet please add a remove from list button on your followers list. It would save me from having to block people.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

You don’t control the followers’ list. The Followers’ list is the people who have added you to their friends list… I don’t really understand WHY this is in the game actually. I couldn’t care less about knowing who decided to add me to their friends list without asking for me to do the same.

Instead of making it so I can remove people from the followers list, how about just removing it entirely?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

I think it has its uses but certainly people you’ve blocked shouldn’t be able to follow you (if they presently can)

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

The follower list is useful. It lets you know how many people are stalking you.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

This x100, and the dumbest part is, while they can’t message you if you block them, I’m pretty sure they can still see your location and verbally harass you over Map chat.

For a game that tries hard to minimize trolling, this actually makes it really easy

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Narrrz.7532

You shouldn’t see even map chat messages from blocked people…

But i agree, blocked people absolutely should not be allowed to stalk you.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Personally, when I see a new person on my follower’s list I take it as a compliment and add them back. No real need to remove it in my opinion.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

This x100, and the dumbest part is, while they can’t message you if you block them, I’m pretty sure they can still see your location and verbally harass you over Map chat.

For a game that tries hard to minimize trolling, this actually makes it really easy

You do know if you blocked them you cant see whisper, say, mapchat, squad chat, command chat or party chat from that person right? So how can they harass you?

Posted by: Chpoit.6498

Chpoit.6498

I find the followers list useful. I am someone who hates adding people that I might bother by talking to them, probably some sort of social anxiety, whatever, by having the followers list I can know who likes me and who I probably wont bother if I PM them to ask them if they wanna do a dungeon or something.

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

You do know if you blocked them you cant see whisper, say, mapchat, squad chat, command chat or party chat from that person right? So how can they harass you?

Anyone can be harassed, regardless if they see your text or respond to you. e.×. You port into a guild organized Teq and talk kitten about the guild over map chat. Everyone on the map sees what you’re saying about the guild. The same applies if you were to stalk an individual player.

Also side point, you can’t report verbal abuse if you aren’t aware, can’t even see or screenshot their text, lol

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’d like to clear out inactive players from my follower’s list, too. I just like to be organized.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There should be no “followers’ list.” Anyone who wants to friend one should send a request, and one can accept or not. Not accepted, not added. This works fine in other games. This game is not bloody Facebook, and we players are not commercial entities that want followers because they can’t be bothered to accept a lot of friend requests.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

There should be no “followers’ list.” Anyone who wants to friend one should send a request, and one can accept or not. Not accepted, not added. This works fine in other games. This game is not bloody Facebook, and we players are not commercial entities that want followers because they can’t be bothered to accept a lot of friend requests.

Actually I would hate it if everyone that wanted to follow me I then had to accept/decline as a friend via some confirmation box, it would make things pretty awkward very often, I have over 250 followers and an actual friends list that is less than 10% of that, I do not mind people following me at all, if they consider it worth there while for whatever reason that’s fine by me.
It’s not a bad system really but certain things probably should be fixed, mainly the way block works.

Posted by: paintpixie.7398

paintpixie.7398

Maybe as an option when you are blocking a person. Like, for instance, a box pops up “remove from followers list?”

I would love it. I would use it. Although I don’t mind random followers, (I don’t even really pay attention to them.) There are people (well, person) who I would love to remove.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

So here’s how I feel:

• I do like the followers list
  • - If you are struggling with harassment, report it for sure
  • Mine has more than 30 people on it, but only the top two ever come online
  • There should be a way to clean it without removing its functionality.
  • A Hide Inactive button perhaps?
^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Narrrz.7532

So here’s how I feel:

• I do like the followers list
  • - If you are struggling with harassment, report it for sure
  • Mine has more than 30 people on it, but only the top two ever come online
  • There should be a way to clean it without removing its functionality.
  • A Hide Inactive button perhaps?

have it so that it only tracks players who have been online in the last month. if they log back on, they reappear. That way you don’t lose your ‘subscribed’ player list for going inactive, but peoples’ follower lists don’t get cluttered.

You absolutely totally completely utterly should NOT be able to follow someone who has blocked you, though.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Better yet, have the followers list display how far away they are, in some kind of in-world units of measure so you can watch as they stalk you closer.. and closer. And play a heartbeat sound effect when they get within some distance of you, growing louder as they approach. One day, you might be in a crowd at an event, then you hear it….

“bam bam… bam bam… bam BAM.. BAM BAM!!”

Alfred Hitchkitten presents…. Guild Vertigo 2

Posted by: Schurge.5194

Schurge.5194

Wai you no accept my friend request?

Champion Phantom
We are not friends.

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

it would be nice if Anet took followers list. out of the game fully . as of right now i got at lest 100 people on my blocked list from just this alone . from this list is just not a good thing

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

During dungeon runs, I sometimes message people on my followers list to see if they’d be interested in joining for fun. I generally get along with most people I meet in pugs, and have gained a useful followers list as a result.

I can definitely see how the followers list could be a negative thing, but the optimist in me is determined to channel its potential into a vastly positive tool for a better experience in the game!

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

it would be nice if Anet took followers list. out of the game fully . as of right now i got at lest 100 people on my blocked list from just this alone . from this list is just not a good thing

lol so you just block everyone who tries to add you as a friend

hahaha

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

ham.8209

lol so you just block everyone who tries to add you as a friend

hahaha

put it like this my time is very important when it comes to the game. and i like to enjoy the game as it is . with out other added things to the game like this list and TS . unless it has something to do with the game like ie: dungeons and world bosses or something like that . other wise it is all just something that i have no use for at all but that is just me .

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If your time is so very important to you, don’t spend it looking at a panel that you deliberately have to open up and go there to see and then spend the time blocking those misguided people who thought you were nice enough to mark as a friend.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I want to clear my followers. :/

I just ignored everyone who added me recently since there were many of them and I have no idea who they are, I’m convinced that it’s about mistaken name or something anyway (happened once and I never want to deal with that again). I don’t talk to anyone so that’s not where they come from. I don’t know.
Sometimes I unignore them to see if they removed me already, nope. All still there.

There’s also someone who added me during the first beta weekend and hasn’t been online since as far as I can tell.

let the sky fall

Just a flesh wound.3589

This whole thing about being bothered by people’s names on a panel you have to make the effort to open up to look at reminds me of the guy I read about once that heard there was nude bathing on a beach nearby. He made his way to the beach and was SHOCKED to see that there was immoral nude bathing there. He made a big outcry in the newspapers and of course people laughed in his face.

The point being. If it bothers you to see it, don’t go over there and look at it.

ANet may give it to you.

penelopehannibal.8947

I want to clear my followers. :/

I just ignored everyone who added me recently since there were many of them and I have no idea who they are, I’m convinced that it’s about mistaken name or something anyway (happened once and I never want to deal with that again). I don’t talk to anyone so that’s not where they come from. I don’t know.
Sometimes I unignore them to see if they removed me already, nope. All still there.

There’s also someone who added me during the first beta weekend and hasn’t been online since as far as I can tell.

You are seriously going about the follower’s list in the wrong way. The people in Guild Wars 2 are mostly really, really nice players. These people are adding you because they have had some sort of interaction with you in most cases – perhaps because someone in map chat has asked where a certain POI is and you answered, or because you ran a dungeon with them.

These people who you are blocking could end up being future guild mates, or future friends you end up doing regular dungeon or WvW runs with!

There is almost never anything malicious about someone adding you as a friend – as I said earlier in this thread I alway add them in return, as I find it nice and a compliment that someone was kind enough to add me as a friend.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

ham.8209

This whole thing about being bothered by people’s names on a panel you have to make the effort to open up to look at reminds me of the guy I read about once that heard there was nude bathing on a beach nearby. He made his way to the beach and was SHOCKED to see that there was immoral nude bathing there. He made a big outcry in the newspapers and of course people laughed in his face.

The point being. If it bothers you to see it, don’t go over there and look at it.

just another reason why this is not need in the game at all. and good point,s you make there flesh wound . but yet the game would be far better off with out it. some of us much rather enjoy the game music and the game it,s self. and get our money,s worth . with out a whole lot of other unneed items add to this game.

Just a flesh wound.3589

just another reason why this is not need in the game at all. and good point,s you make there flesh wound . but yet the game would be far better off with out it. some of us much rather enjoy the game music and the game it,s self. and get our money,s worth . with out a whole lot of other unneed items add to this game.

/shrug

Unneeded for you. But to the person who said they consider it a compliment and add them as a friend, then it’s a useful function to them.

Not everything is for everyone. If it’s something you don’t need and annoys you to see, and you then spend the time thinking about it and then open up two panels in order to look at it, then don’t. Don’t go over to look at something that has no value or use to you and that you know ahead of time it will annoy you to see.

It’s self control 101 not to go go out of your way to look at stuff that annoys you.

ANet may give it to you.

ham.8209

/shrug

Unneeded for you. But to the person who said they consider it a compliment and add them as a friend, then it’s a useful function to them.

Not everything is for everyone. If it’s something you don’t need and annoys you to see, and you then spend the time thinking about it and then open up two panels in order to look at it, then don’t. Don’t go over to look at something that has no value or use to you and that you know ahead of time it will annoy you to see.

It’s self control 101 not to go go out of your way to look at stuff that annoys you.

ahh but you for get this one little thing. and that is you have to go there in order to set your status to online or away or off line even . thus so i can not see your point,s on the second part . the first part tho well that is there choice. just something some of us do not find use full or made to feel like we are being stocked hunted by other.s . but it is there and have to deal with it. sigh this is one of thos times where you wish the drev,s team . would look at these thread,s like this and just see our point of view and maybe give it a second look over . and who knows maybe be even to be able to give us a choice to turn this umm off so it does not track you or other people can not stock you. sigh if only

penelopehannibal.8947

so it does not track you or other people can not stock you. sigh if only

Again, the follower’s list is not a stalking list. You are seeing it in the wrong way. It is there to let you know someone has added you as a friend. How are you meant to know otherwise?

As I said as a reply to someone else, most people, and by most I meant probably 99.9% of people who play Guild Wars 2 – add people as a friend for a positive reason, not to stalk people.

If you or anyone else has a stalker in game the chances are it’s because you’ve had an altercation with each other – in which case by all means block them – and report them via support if they persist after blocking. But you’re more likely to know your stalker if you have one in Guild Wars 2. People adding you as a friend are not stalkers.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Traced.3495

I don’t think that attitude of hiding one’s head in the sand is good for anything. The followers will still be in there, possibly expecting something. It’s fine to be aware of the situation, since this system works the way it works, and to deal with it how ever one means to deal with it. If this system is the right system for anything ever, that is debatable.

I check the tabs in contacts when I log in, to verify that I am in offline mode and there is no reason to go online mode (which would be friend online), followers to check if anyone unknown has added me (and I seriously got a feeling of dread every time I saw a strange name at the time it kept happening), and to check my ignore list for those who have added me and who I have ignored in turn right away, to see if anything suddenly makes sense.

I don’t want someone unknown on that list and not know they are there.
Especially when I don’t want to deal with being mistaken for someone else. I will want to ignore them right away to avoid that situation. And I don’t want to suddenly discuss anything with a complete stranger either in case that is why they added me.

let the sky fall

Just a flesh wound.3589

Lol. They are expecting something from you? No, they made the mistake of thinking you were a friendly sort so they friended you.

it’s very simple. Stop obsessing about a list where people mistakenly thought you were a friendly sort. Stop looking at it. It’s just a list on a panel that you have to go out of your way to look at.

ANet may give it to you.

Traced.3495

Lol. They are expecting something from you? No, they made the mistake of thinking you were a friendly sort so they friended you.

it’s very simple. Stop obsessing about a list where people mistakenly thought you were a friendly sort. Stop looking at it. It’s just a list on a panel that you have to go out of your way to look at.

No.

I can’t imagine why anyone in game would confuse me with a friendly person, I’m thinking the additions are because it’s a mistaken identity case, or they saw me in game (although it was mostly happening while I have been away for a while, being greeted with a stranger in followers when I look at the list at login so no idea) and for what ever reason added me. And I will want to deal with it, so I will look at that panel, and I will ignore them.

And I will wish the contacts system in this game worked differently, and that is how it is going to be.

let the sky fall

ham.8209

so it does not track you or other people can not stock you. sigh if only

Again, the follower’s list is not a stalking list. You are seeing it in the wrong way. It is there to let you know someone has added you as a friend. How are you meant to know otherwise?

As I said as a reply to someone else, most people, and by most I meant probably 99.9% of people who play Guild Wars 2 – add people as a friend for a positive reason, not to stalk people.

If you or anyone else has a stalker in game the chances are it’s because you’ve had an altercation with each other – in which case by all means block them – and report them via support if they persist after blocking. But you’re more likely to know your stalker if you have one in Guild Wars 2. People adding you as a friend are not stalkers.

honestly case in point you made your choice to see it your way . me well i made it my choice to see it my way. iam not seeing it the wrong way at all. it is just how i see it. and really there is no need to add some one to your friends list if you only talk to them let,s say one time and only one time at best if that at all. then again if they want to be your friend then maybe they should ask first before doing so . or maybe have some little pop up telling you that some one add you to there list as a friend. so this way you can have the choice to say ok yes i will add you or no sorry iam not interested at all in being your friend and do not wish to be add to your friends list. but i do have to fully disagree with your 2.point

ham.8209

No.

I can’t imagine why anyone in game would confuse me with a friendly person, I’m thinking the additions are because it’s a mistaken identity case, or they saw me in game (although it was mostly happening while I have been away for a while, being greeted with a stranger in followers when I look at the list at login so no idea) and for what ever reason added me. And I will want to deal with it, so I will look at that panel, and I will ignore them.

And I will wish the contacts system in this game worked differently, and that is how it is going to be.

very well said and great points you have made here Traced.3495 . and i am glad some one agrees with me on this . and it would been nice if they had done it like the GW1 system with the friends list,s and so forth . it would make the game a whole lot more enjoyable from that stand point. but all we can do in the mean time is keep our eye,s on this list and keep right on blocking. till they change it or we hit the limit,s for number of people on our blocked list,s .

Posted by: Roguedemonhunter.9621

Roguedemonhunter.9621

Anet please add a remove from list button on your followers list. It would save me from having to block people.

Tifa while I agree that the system needs either a confirm friend/follow and or a delete follower option- I am at this moment more concerned with your gaming experience.

You have by accident or design cut yourself off from -it sounds like a LOT of people by your description. I cannot ‘order’ you to do repair condition, nor force…. Nobody can. But I strongly and pleadingly suggest it.

By doing what you have done you have shortened your playerbase list in a social game that often requires grouping or at least being able to ‘See’ the map chat.

One and obvious- the game will never group you with these people via LFG like… EVER. So there…. one thing you have ham-stringed yourself from players teaming up for content with you and you with them in a game that often wants and sometimes demands that we group up.

Number one is regrettable and annoying but since there are so very many players you might not ‘feel’ that one until your growing block list reaches massive proportions… Forgive me but with the attitude I have read so far…. It might.

Number 2: The bigger problem actually…. The great big steaming pile of ‘something’ you might not realize your doing to yourself.

There may be individuals that are trying to help or guide people to ‘the next event via poi and WP links in map or ’Say’ chat. Halloween is coming up and it itself includes event’s that pop on the maps in varied locations and if you shout out in map chat…

You: “Events?”

But the only person who replies is a folower. Let’s say it’s some poor smuck who ran a dungeon with you- thought you were cool and after you logged out he/she Facepalmed him/herself an realised they needed to add you…. However, you later blocked them when you saw the ‘Follow’… despite the fact that you played the other day and had fun and did not consider them a stalker but forgot the name or just never knew the account name- only the character….

Then because you have blocked that person. Not only do you NOT see them say

Ser Blocked: (map chat) Yes Random- or very important(it’s the daily) Eventname in 5 min at [incert poi here].

Nor will you see…

Ser Blocked: (Personal Message) Oh hey hello there! Glad to see you again. We ran that dungeon the other night and rocked it. I added you to friends list. Hope you don’t mind. If you do message once and I’ll remove. Didn’t know you were on- sometimes I wish this thing came with an alert like other games but it’s ok. I often don’t look at it but it was nice to see your character. Need help holler. Cheers!

Nor will you see if this person is the main person or sometimes ONLY person organizing a map for a big event like Tequatle, Triple Trouble or whatever crazy new stuff the expansion throws our way. I know for a FACT during Beta Weekend that I would have missed Wyvern if the nice person guiding us along had been on my BLOCKED list.

Now the blocked list is important. So important that I don’t even put proven annoying players on there unless under extreme single circumstances…

My blocked list includes gold sellers and the mail scammers. Who also get reported.

The only other ones are the long term annoying leech types or the one timer crazy stalkers. For example some jerk that really did stalk me across a map making disgusting and frankly creepy small talk. Even that went off the list a month ago. These people though I don’t ‘Keep’ on block though- for all I know it was some person’s goofy little brother on account being a dweeb. Thus the person went off block two weeks after the incident. Have not heard from them since at any rate. However if I ever had a criminal, predatory or repeat inappropriate stalker yes… they would stay on the block list. Hasn’t been necessary yet thankfully.

I am sure there are very real cases of stalking and in such cases blocking for forever is totally warranted. I would hope one reports them too.

At any rate using block to block people that have simply used the current friend system as it “currently” exists to “friend/follow” you seems… Pardon me… overtly heavy handed. Game-wise IS without a doubt more crippling then you may have yet realised. Or perhaps you do realise but don’t care? I cannot know your mind. Only make suggestions from my own.

I hope I can bring you over to a more moderate treatment of that followers list. I do agree the current system needs tweeks. Someone who is actually blocked (hopefully though regrettably for valid reasons) should absolutely not be able to know under any conditions that your in game. If I had my druthers such folk wouldn’t even be able to see your avatar on map. However we have what we have… Till they change it.

People… probably 99.99% of them- maybe even 100% of them added you cause they liked how you played or how helpful you were. The chances of a real stalker are slim. The short term ones… I block for a week then unblock… Dunno if that appeals to you or not but it’s served me well.

These folks caught in your blanket Blocking- are these really people worthy of a “Block”? Keeping in mind in this game it means almost utter exclusion and zero communication.

Anyway- enjoy your game….

Take care- whatever you decide.

Posted by: Roguedemonhunter.9621

Roguedemonhunter.9621

Pardon accidental double post. Being “that long” lol we really didn’t need doubles. ;p

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

How else would you track hackers, trolls, and griefers then?

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

You don’t control the followers’ list. The Followers’ list is the people who have added you to their friends list… I don’t really understand WHY this is in the game actually. I couldn’t care less about knowing who decided to add me to their friends list without asking for me to do the same.

Instead of making it so I can remove people from the followers list, how about just removing it entirely?

because facebook is popular

Posted by: Vantooth.6347

Vantooth.6347

I love the follower list. I think being followed is a pretty nice compliment, it basically says: I appreciate you enough that I want to know when you’re playing.

Stalkerish? Maybe. Useful? Hell Yes.

I use the Follower list to follow commanders that I like that do certain activity (IE: world bosses, farming, etc) so I can easily look up if they’re doing X and if I want to join.

Frankly I don’t understand why people want the list removed, it’s either useful for some or useless to other. If it bothers you the problem isn’t with the list, unfortunately.

But I do agree that being able to manage who can follow you would be a fine addition.

Narrrz.7532

All that needs to change is that blocked players cannot add you and get removed.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

A lot of followers on my list are people I played with and we both mutually added at one time to do something in the future but then I forget names easily and have no idea who anyone is on my friend list, (I’m bad with names but always remember appearances) so I remove them only to see they are still befriending me. No one I have on there actively stalks me any way and they may have forgotten who i was as well and forgot to remove me in turn.

I only block kittens and trolls and people (usually trolls too) that harass me because they suck at lore and think I’m not a Canthan character in game.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I never look at the followers/stalkers list because I’m afraid to be disappointed by how short it will be.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Follower lists do have their uses. I follow a leader of a big RP guild because I enjoy an open event they do weekly and I’ll join it every once in a blue moon. Sometimes he’ll whisper me an invite to an upcoming event in a way I can tell he is going down his follower list and pasting it into whispers.