Need help with 2 Brisban Wilds Skillpts

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Yayap.3180

Yayap.3180

Hey, can someone please tell me what is going on with the two Skill Point Challenges in the Skrittsburgh Center of Brisban Wilds? They are seemingly unobtainable for me.
I recently went back to the Brisban Wilds to complete the area map there. I am only lvl 47, and I don’t play GW2 very often, so I’m still kinda new the the events and such.
So anyways, I found and completed every part in the Brisban Wilds, except the two challenges in Skrittsburgh Center. I have been trying, and it seems that the only way to get to them is through the gates, which are almost always locked for me, and the two Waypoints around there are constantly under attack. So how am I supposed to get to those to complete them now? Do I just have to get lucky with timing of being there at the right time? Do I need a party of people to defeat the event so the gates in the underground will be open for a bit?
I’m pretty perplexed on why I can’t get to them every time I try now.. is this story based?
Anyways, I hope you can either help answer what’s going on with this or help me in-game, thanks!
I’m on the Anvil Rock server, character name is Thryforn.

Be brave.

Posted by: Cirian.8917

Cirian.8917

When the gates are shut there’ll be up to 3 meta events around Skrittburgh that need completing to gain access. When they’re all done the skritt will open the gates to their city and you can get the skill points. Be aware that from time to time an event to assassinate the skritt king will happen and if he dies, the city gates will be closed and the 3 meta events will have to be redone.

If you go visit the skritt king, remember to loot the 2 chests either side of his throne. There are 3 different assassination events that can happen should you feel like hanging around and protecting him.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Before committing to doing the events, guest on two other high population servers to see if other players have already done them.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Vol beat me to it. I’ve played through there numerous times on Tarnished Coast. Generally, in the course of completing the hearts around there it will eventually open up through completing the event cycle if it was closed. However, it’s usually open in my experience. Try guesting on an active server. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Yayap.3180

Ahh ok thanks! That makes sense.. Although I saw and realized the events, I saw no explanation of them or with the gates..
I don’t know anybody on the other servers, but I’ll try to guest on one..

Be brave.

Yayap.3180

Yup, I hopped on Tarnished Coast and the gates were actually open!
I finally got those two, thanks very much for the suggestions!
Now to complete each main city..
Also, is there a way to figure out what server has the least amount of latency depending on location and such?
I do have pretty slow internet and it took a bit for it to phase in the people around Lions Arch when in Tarnished coast. I realize the less populated the server, the less latency(probably), but I’m just wondering if I should change worlds or stay in Anvil Rock.

Be brave.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yup, I hopped on Tarnished Coast and the gates were actually open!
I finally got those two, thanks very much for the suggestions!
Now to complete each main city..
Also, is there a way to figure out what server has the least amount of latency depending on location and such?
I do have pretty slow internet and it took a bit for it to phase in the people around Lions Arch when in Tarnished coast. I realize the less populated the server, the less latency(probably), but I’m just wondering if I should change worlds or stay in Anvil Rock.

I believe all NA servers are located in the same place, so server doesn’t matter.

But if you want less graphics lag, then of course guest to lower population servers. Those servers are generally listed as “High” on the server screen.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/