Need more Weapon and Armor Skins.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Yes they added the Super Weapons, new Guild Weapons and Fused weapons (although I hate how they made them obtainable only by BL chests).

This game needs more variety in armor and weapon skins, especially if their end game is purely cosmetic. I’ve seen some really cool fan art of armor and weapons and they look amazing:

http://skavenzverov.deviantart.com/art/Daynight-Weapon-Set-Guild-Wars-2-Fan-Art-279299723

Please add more Anet, and make them accessible without using gems.

Posted by: waggygee.3214

waggygee.3214

I agree, more armor sets would be awesome

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

More medium armor please, almost all of it looks terrible on all but Humans.

Posted by: bastien.7961

bastien.7961

More medium armor please, almost all of it looks terrible on all but Humans.

Psh, have you seen the light armor? Most of it makes us look like outrageous clowns, hippies, or some kind of voodoo medicine man. :P

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Eh, I’d like a larger variety of medium armour too. While most hate having ‘skirts’, I actually like the jackets and such, and my biggest issue is how most of it looks synched and ‘bulky’. Have some nice lighter-looking outfits with a jacket, or, better yet, some skirts that are actually part of the leggings rather than the top and I’ll be satisfied…

As it stands, the only armour in the game I actually tends to be light-armour and that’s just for casters… :-(

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

They’re adding another set in — you guessed it — more RNG chests with the next update. BoA to boot.

General consensus that I’ve seen is that they’re ugly as eggs. Only one I find decent looking is the GS.

insert spoiler tag here: http://imgur.com/a/7zO3s

Disciple of Quag

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

All I know is that they need to add some class specific armor

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I just bought my first armor skin kit from the gem shop today. I bought $10 worth of gems just to get it and bought the wrong one. I didn’t bother to read and just picked the one I thought looked coolest. Well turns out it was for light armor and I use all medium. HAHA

Good thing I don’t take this game too seriously so could laugh at myself, and I suppose I still have 200 gems I could spend on something.

I guess I’ll have to roll a light armor profession when I need a break from my other ones. I wish I could have just gifted it to someone on my guild because I may never use it.

I agree though I found the ones you can buy in the gem store, at least the ones I could find were kind of boring and I think I saw, what, maybe 3 weapon skins, only one of which I use.

If I missed something because I didn’t look in the right place or don’t know where else to go to find skins a heads up would be nice.

The Burninator

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Not more rng bullkitten please, while it may be good in the short run for profits, I’m sure they’ll end up alienating their customers over time with these policies.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Yes they added the Super Weapons, new Guild Weapons and Fused weapons (although I hate how they made them obtainable only by BL chests).

This game needs more variety in armor and weapon skins, especially if their end game is purely cosmetic. I’ve seen some really cool fan art of armor and weapons and they look amazing:

http://skavenzverov.deviantart.com/art/Daynight-Weapon-Set-Guild-Wars-2-Fan-Art-279299723

Thats a sexy weapon set, I’d love the bow.

AmateurNet

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1 | I agree on the great need for much more Weapon & Armor Skins.

However, the new ones should be much more cooler looking, more authentic, more medieval/steampunk/good’ol fantasy.
I’m tired of what we got… 80% of them blocked out of my taste.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

I agree so much with this, more skins are welcome addition.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

We need more armor skins , because wep skins we’ve been getting every patch now.. but they are still tied to RNG boxes so that’s a no.. most of the times. Overall we hope to get more armor and wep skins ( with glow ) if possible

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

The weapons need more spunk,more glow,like enchanted weps in WoW or just about any rpg game.More floaty sparkly pieces,more things on fire,more unusual designs

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

The reason we haven’t received a single new armor since launch is because its WAAAAY harder to design one and make sure its not a clipping fest. Anet is way too lazy to make something like that and instead spam you with meh to ugly looking weapon skins that take 1h to create. Its hard to believe that after 10 months not a single armor was added and they know the community did not liked (especially the medium ones) armors already available because they look generic and all the same… If they won’t add a single armor until first expansion this is just LOLZ.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

It’s currently easier for me to put together light and medium sets that I like than it is to put together heavy sets. This is mostly due to clipping and my usual starting points, the boots. Heavy boots in almost every game I have played have been hard for my eyes to handle.

I hope that as time progresses that we see more variety in our armor choices and I’m sure we will, but also hope that these choices are appealing to my personal taste.

I’m not going to say most in game armor is unappealing as that is a personal and subjective thing, but as an artist myself I would like to see more class specific stuff that is a little bit easier on the eye. Especially heavy boots. They just don’t seem to be well proportioned and it’s even more obvious with certain colors, usually light colors. Take male heavy nightmare for example, under certain color palettes, the foot is a bit undersized for sylvari/human. The heavy nightmare leggings clip with pretty much every other boot so it’s either wear as a set or not at all, and I can’t due to foot size looking awkward. That set does however look decent to me for the norn/asura.

Hopefully anet cleans up a lot of the clipping on many armor sets.

I expect many more sets to come into play during this games life, some will be hit or miss with me, of that I have no doubt. I personally just want more like everyone else.

As far as weapons, well..I think they have been keeping a decent pace. If compared to any other of the dozens of MMO’s I’ve been in, well…think GW2 ranks right up there with the best of them. The problem I have here though are the crafted weapon sets like corrupted who require lodestones that hardly drop. Hard enough to craft one, let alone trying to craft for profit or make a complete set.

Posted by: xXRichiXx.3846

xXRichiXx.3846

What and awesome art!!!

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, I’d say that more weapon and armor skins (including more legendary weapons) are in the top 3 things this game needs.

The others would be more zones and more weapons/skills.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I think you mean how they made them *un*obtainable in Black Lion Chests…

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

This white sword in the middle is hot, a lot of other cool designs as well.

http://random223.deviantart.com/art/Weaponry-set-101-finished-154563850

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

NO, we need more content before we need more armor and weapons, a new area open first, we have enough armor and weapons, we need them to work on boss mechanics and bugs that have been in-game since launch before we start asking for more armor and weapons.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

What I find disappointing is all the karma gear available with generic skins. Anet really missed an opportunity to make bank off of Transmutation Stones there….
Nearly all of the karma/heart vendors have these amazingly name weapons but they only sport generic skins, most of the time.
That just feels like a real waste.

Devona’s Rest