Need more events

Need more events

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

A weird consequence of the megaservers is that there are now few events on maps. Everything is completed basically the moment the event triggers, champions are killed on respawn… the maps feel very dead because all you run in to are other players.

I think this would be a great time to introduce some new meta events, especially on maps that don’t already have world bosses or interesting events.

Need more events

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

“The map feels very very dead because it’s full of players.”

Now I’ve heard it all.

Need more events

Fluffball.8307

You know what I meant. :p

There are no events or bosses to kill. I run in to lots of players but there is nothing to actually do anymore.

This is pretty low priority, it’s just something I noticed while completing my monthly or doing the daily events achievement. It’s hard to find events in PvE now, I wound up playing some WvW (which is more interesting anyway, but that’s not the point.)

Need more events

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I know what you mean, normally i just went to Dredgehaunt Cliffs and had my daily events done in 5-10 minutes, now all these nice short events there are mostly done and guesting often also just brings you into the same instance, or events are also done there.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Need more events

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Now, all the map chat is full of, “Where’s the train?”
“20 min. until the next one spawns.”
and…
“Next champ 2 min.”
“Nope, it’s already dead.”

I will often see large groups of characters just hanging out at a waypoint for several minutes because you pretty much have to be on top of the spawn in the first 30 seconds to get any participation. One or two minutes of action and everyone just loops back to "20 min. until the next spawn. "

Need more events

Beldin.5498

The train has already existed before Megaserver, and they don’t to “normal” events but just some specific champs. And .. these Champs in Frostgorge now even live longer than before. So this is totally unrelated to the current topic here.

Also, if you don’t want to do the train, there are other zones than FGS and Queensdale, and also it should be totally unimportant to you how fast those champs die.

And don’t tell the story that you normally seek the big challenge to solo lvl 6 champs with a full geared 80.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Need more events

Fluffball.8307

You’re right, I wasn’t talking about champ trains, however even random champs are pretty much instagibbed. I was looking for events in Snowden Drifts, which is a totally random map. I had 2 different champ events pop up in my UI, and both were completed by the time I got there (15 seconds away or so.) A third champ that wasn’t an event was instagibbed as well. I wound up completing all PvE achievements across 3 or 4 maps and still only having completed 2 events.

Need more events

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

What if u get out of Queensdale and explore the world?

Need more events

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

Yeah, every available event is chock full of players, making it a boring and mindless autoattack extravaganza. We either need more events or some massive scaling rework that would make the current ones at least remotely challenging.

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Need more events

Beldin.5498

But in the end .. before people were always complaing that the maps are deserted and nobody does the events, and you can’t find help for events .. so this was the solution to bring back life onto those empty maps, and of course also that events no again are done.

Sadly its not possible to have both worlds .. or else they must create some very very high populated servers, and some very very low.

Need more events

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Sadly its not possible to have both worlds .. or else they must create some very very high populated servers, and some very very low.

Îronically it is exactly what we had before Megaservers hit us. You could guest. From an empty server to a full one in order to have more ppl around you, from a full server to an empty one in case you wanted to try something on your own. It was … working. You could go to LA or Gendarran and ask for help and players willing to help could easily get into the same map as you, since it was the same server anyway. Never in my life will I understand why the fixed a working thing with something so seriously broken.

Need more events

Beldin.5498

Problem (not for me, for others) was that zones like Snowden Drifts were also dead on high populated servers.
Heck these days we have even seldom 2 zones at all for Dredgehaunt Cliffs, often its really just 1 instance, and thats for all players from all EU servers. And the zone still doesn’t look crowded to me, however its enough people that most of the fast events there are done most of the time.

Need more events

Fluffball.8307

What if u get out of Queensdale and explore the world?

No one is talking about Queensdale.

Need more events

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

This has always been an issue in this game. It’s the reason I quit the first time around when I was lvl 10. When I came back I stopped looking for events and started exploring and that made the leveling pretty fun. But completing a daily events category can sometimes take half an hour or more. I’ve run around a zone for 10 minutes before I found an event, and it’s even more common now. Area which used to have lots of events up are now empty of them because they get completed instantly.

And I don’t know why people want more players around in the open world. It takes just 1 person to complete nearly every event and even most group events can be completed solo. It’s only the occasional champion mob that you need more people for but even now people are still ignoring those. The krait witch in Maguuma Jungle is probably still untouched since I saw her up this morning, while 100+ people were hammering away at the golem.

Need more events

Beldin.5498

For daily events now .. just look at the Worldevent List if Svanir Shaman is up in the time you have for playing. If you are there to do the pre-events you have your dailys pretty fast.

Need more events

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Problem (not for me, for others) was that zones like Snowden Drifts were also dead on high populated servers.
Heck these days we have even seldom 2 zones at all for Dredgehaunt Cliffs, often its really just 1 instance, and thats for all players from all EU servers. And the zone still doesn’t look crowded to me, however its enough people that most of the fast events there are done most of the time.

Înterestingly dredgehaunt cliffs is the place for spider scurry and last week we had serious trouble to get our guild into the zone. We were split over at least three instances.

See the point is: with the implementation as it is now you do not have an option. I think it would be great to have a choice whether I want to participate in a filled instance (“district”) with good chances to get help for events or whether I want to go to a more lonely version, where I can try to immerse better or try out some build or whatever.

Need more events

Fluffball.8307

For daily events now .. just look at the Worldevent List if Svanir Shaman is up in the time you have for playing. If you are there to do the pre-events you have your dailys pretty fast.

Well that gets you the AP, but it doesn’t make playing in the open world or leveling any fun. It’s just a work-around to complete a daily. You can also just go to WvW and complete it in seconds like I did, but it still doesn’t make the open world any fun.

This density of players is good for things like the Marionette, but not so much fun for anything else. Including the world boss train, which is now just a giant mess of particle effects.

Need more events

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

One wierd consequence of megaservers, at least on EU, is that what little community spirit there was is now gone. Dead. Kaput. In no way should people be completely ignoring downed players, and then berating those who ask “can someone res?”.

Need more events

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

There are a few events that I know of that are available very often, on fast turnaround timers, and I’m not saying anything about where they are because no, you can’t have them.. but yes, I definitely agree this is a problem

Need more events

Asmodeus.5782

Guzzi: I love seeing people die since the megaserver hit us. Every person on the ground makes the crowd slightly more bearable.

William S. Burroughs

Need more events

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Guzzi: I love seeing people die since the megaserver hit us. Every person on the ground makes the crowd slightly more bearable.

But all the black circles don’t half clutter your minimap!

Kudos on the Burroughs quote btw Time to change my sig I think!

Need more events

Asmodeus.5782

Yess, spread the word, fellow junkie. ;D

Minimap can be minimized even further, essentially removing it from my view, along with the filthy, deceased crowd. Eh, who am I kidding, dying is not even a problem anymore, barring maybe two Cursed Shore events.

William S. Burroughs

(edited by Asmodeus.5782)

Need more events

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

“The map feels very very dead because it’s full of players.”

Now I’ve heard it all.

I’ve heard everything last night in fractals:
Player X – Links Fractal Sword Skin (not a duplicate)
Me – Wow, Congrats
Player X – Meh, I would rather have seen a ring, that would be more useful
Me – ….

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Need more events

Beldin.5498

Well that gets you the AP, but it doesn’t make playing in the open world or leveling any fun. It’s just a work-around to complete a daily. You can also just go to WvW and complete it in seconds like I did, but it still doesn’t make the open world any fun.

This density of players is good for things like the Marionette, but not so much fun for anything else. Including the world boss train, which is now just a giant mess of particle effects.

I know, i always loved Dredgehaunt Cliffs since i could do my favorite events there always fast and quick. I could even make 2 levels per hour there solos with those events and using the guest server. I will really really miss that if i ever want to level a new character.