Need more story, starving here.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Well… Sometimes even this white Knight can complain.

Since HoT was released the only story introduced is the raid and that is only for “advanced” players, what about me? I love the story in this game and I can’t wait to experience the coming story and I have said to others on this forum that HoT is bigger than we see it now as there will be living stories added. Well I am starting to doubt what I said, am I wrong? Is living story no more? Is GW2 going to be like all other MMOs with an expansion once a year and only new story by then?

Living story for me kept me active in PvE every day but now (even though I have lots still to do PvE) I more or less only play PvP and it is starting to get boring. I don’t like to farm and grind stuff, I like story and exploring and GW2 pre HoT gave me that, but now everything is only about PvP and a little raid. I haven’t heard a word about new living world for “casual” gamers (I do like the difficulty of HoT maps) but I am not a raider.

This post is not a call out for a dev response but it would have been nice to see if there are more than just me who wonders what happened to the living story that for me was the best part of the game.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

(edited by EdgarMTanaka.7291)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Anet said they’re release living story 3 later this year.

My guess is HoT received such a bad reaction they’ve had to go back to the drawing board to get it to where more people accept it. I mean Colin did say they were going to do something to make it more playable for people who have less time to devote at one sitting, or something to that affect and also that they were going to look at the grind aspect as well.

My guess is whatever work they’re doing as set the release of the story back. Obviously when they do release the story they want to make sure there are players here to enjoy it.

Posted by: Andovar Edoras.2143

Andovar Edoras.2143

Like you i’m also hungry for some new story.. I just…need…to…know..what happens next.

Heck i’d be happy if they even released a new novel.

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Need story. Need, more, STORY!!!!

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

Yeah well, i could understand that they went to the drawing board.

Attacking the pale tree while every other mayor player is in the grove is not exactly a stroke of genius, especially not from a dragon.
If I want to eradicate a minion that has fallen out of the line, I don´t send another, slightly stronger minion with some underlings to do the job.
Either I go myself to show the other major players that I am a big boy, or throw my crew so massively against them that they not only have to change the floor like with the Shadow of the dragon gets defeated by the pact commander but run for their lives while I crush my former vasal.

Especially when my spies have surely told me that Zhaitan, my dragon colleague of considerable power who controlled a whole subcontinent tried exactly the same approach and was slain for his efforts.

i also know that narratives are limited in storytelling, but Anets copy and paste from original to ls2 to HoT while full mouthedly sending out an author to tell how innovative the new story will be is rather distateful for me. That´s a little like Chris Roberts coming out of the woods after Wing Commander to tell people that Wing Commander II will be totally new and different storywise…

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Story is something where i would prefer something more elaborate not what LS2+HoT turned out to be.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well the community asked for expansions so instead of having some new story every 2 weeks we’ll have to wait months

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

I’m starving too. There just isn’t anything to keep me logging in. I’ve enjoyed HoT content, and I’m not complaining about it, but there are only so many times I can go through Dragon Stand before I decide to log off and search for another game.

I didn’t farm masteries as far as using boosters and grinding experience but all of my masteries are full now nonetheless. I’ve done all of the map metas and legendaries hold no interest. Gliding in core Tyria is great, but it isn’t content.

I generally only play one game at a time and I’ve given the last 13 years (and a whole lotta dollars) to Guild Wars. I’d like nothing better than to see some new content that will make me happy to continue on in Tyria, but if something doesn’t happen fairly quickly I’m going to wander away.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Living story for me kept me active in PvE every day but now (even though I have lots still to do PvE) I more or less only play PvP and it is starting to get boring. I don’t like to farm and grind stuff, I like story and exploring and GW2 pre HoT gave me that, but now everything is only about PvP and a little raid. I haven’t heard a word about new living world for “casual” gamers (I do like the difficulty of HoT maps) but I am not a raider.

See: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/state-of-the-game-update-q1-2016/

Note that Living Story season 3 is under the ‘Looking Long Term’ section meaning it won’t start before the end of march.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I would love new stuff but as the poster above linked it sounds like we won’t get anything but PvP and Raid updates until probably June. Personally I could live without both but someone must be enjoying them.

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

LS1 spoiled me with all of the content they were adding constantly and I gotta say I miss that. LS2 wasn’t as much content but I still loved having the little story updates every couple of weeks to keep me interested. I liked the HoT story well enough, but where it ends will be where LS3 picks up, and I’ve been waiting for that! I love the GW2 story.

I heard the next quarterly update is in April, I expect LS3 to start up some time after that- I would guess May.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

HoT’s story was a disappointment considering how good the story was in LW2. It seemed unfinished and heavily edited down from a more comprehensive version. They virtually cut Jory and Kas out of the story in it’s entirely and the constant splitting of the group seemed like a cheep way to reduce the amount of new dialog that needed recording.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

HoT’s story was a disappointment considering how good the story was in LW2. It seemed unfinished and heavily edited down from a more comprehensive version. They virtually cut Jory and Kas out of the story in it’s entirely and the constant splitting of the group seemed like a cheep way to reduce the amount of new dialog that needed recording.

The worst part of the story for me was Rata Novus. It could’ve been so epic, an old asura rata destroyed by the chak that contains research on the elder dragons. And what do we get? A severely lacking encounter and the “epic” revelation that elder dragons have a weakness. How does someone KNOW that something has a very specific weakness without knowing that weakness????

Rata Novan research: “We figured out that Elder Dragons have a unique weakness each, but we don’t know what exactly”. I’m sure I’m not the only one that thinks that doesn’t make any kind of sense.

Posted by: Adngel.9786

Adngel.9786

That’s what I think has been missing in GW2: HoT, the “Epic Feeling”, I enjoyed the GW2 Hot as a GW2 fan, I love my characters and it’s nice to have new content and has brought some interstings activities, but beyond like that, HoT looked just a content addition (smaller than expected), it didn’t looked anything impressive nor unmissable. And for friends and partners, they were more curious for the Season 2 than for the expansion, :S

Anyway, I hope they archieve better things in the 2nd expansion, as for the 3 season, I know it won’t be released this trimester but at least I yes would like more data, trailer, screenshots or such… Q.Q

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I am sorry but why are people discussing the story in it self? There are lots of threads about unhappiness with GW2 story from main personal story to HoT story. I don’t want this thread to be another one of these. The story is loved and hated by lots of players and I love the story so far and I would like to experience more of it. So my post is about the long wait for the story to continue, not about if it’s bad or good.

Though thanks for the good answers from alot of you, I hope you are right and that living story will continue and not be only expansion content.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve been keeping myself busy trying to make sure I’ve seen all of the story so far. I’m gradually working through all of the personal story instances, and playing Season 2 and HoT on characters of different races, Orders and genders to see all the dialogue choices.

Which happens to tie in nicely with my other on-going project to get 1 level 80 of each profession without using tomes.

I am very much looking forward to Season 3 (which Anet have said is coming) but for now I feel like I’ve got enough to do with HoT. Exploring the maps thoroughly is taking quite a bit of time as well.

Anet said they’re release living story 3 later this year.

My guess is HoT received such a bad reaction they’ve had to go back to the drawing board to get it to where more people accept it. I mean Colin did say they were going to do something to make it more playable for people who have less time to devote at one sitting, or something to that affect and also that they were going to look at the grind aspect as well.

My guess is whatever work they’re doing as set the release of the story back. Obviously when they do release the story they want to make sure there are players here to enjoy it.

That seems…drastic. I know HoT hasn’t been well received with some people, and I can imagine they’d make some minor changes like making meta-events easier for small or less coordinated groups, but I can’t imagine they’d change it enough to need to delay other content.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m sort of with you OP. I’m biding my time waiting for more story. Waiting to see what LS3 brings. In the mean time, at least I have the pvp season to keep me sort of occupied.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.