Need more than just a Living Story

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

The Living Story is good and all but the contents in the LS aren’t enough to keep the players keep playing. Everyone in my guild just log on 30 mins a day just to do daily then log off and do the LS for 2 hours then wait for 2 more weeks for the next update. What we need is contents that make us want to play at least few hours a day like hard mode dungeons w/ exclusive cool skins, more pvp modes etc…

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Careful what you wish for. The path to grindy content begins with “we need something to do”.

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Almost 2 years now w/ the same pvp mode and nothing change to pve stuff. YES, I do wish for more stuff for us to play.

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You mean like some sort of constantly updated massive pvp mode where servers are pitted against each other in weekly clashes, where we spend countless hours fighting every day?

Yeah that would be awesome. Too bad we only have WvW and Anet consider it far more important to give us new kites, monkey king costumes and minipets than making commander account bound and stuff like that.

Posted by: Lobo Dela Noche.5127

Lobo Dela Noche.5127

I think for pvp if they would give us all the gw1 GVG, arenas, and HoH it would do a lot to for the end game. They could even copy everything exactly for the maps and game modes as the current stuff they have doesn’t compare. Then the only thing they need is regular updates to make wvw meaningful. Make defending and holding things actually matter. None of these things are grindy unless you are forced to do them for some dumb reason.

For PVE they need more maps, more world bosses, more events, and more dungeons. Preferably all level 80 so that they can be tuned for level 80 geared characters. I see no reason to make low level content that people will blow past in a week as there is plenty of stuff already for people to do for xp.

There is no reason any of the above has to add grind. The pvp stuff is just more choice in what to do. The pve stuff can be created with or with out grind. The LS is the kind of stuff other games have for filler between big updates. Its the appetizer before the meal.