Need new report option

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

There is hacking going on left and right in wvw and yet the cloest i can report players for is scamming.

It would be really nice if i could report players for hacking :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Yeah, that would be seldom used…
Every time a thief wipes five guys, must be hacking hehe

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My suggestion would be to grab screenshots, keep a record of where and when and then open a full ticket via the support website. This way you can attach multiple screenshots and present more detail to support your concern. The report interface is simply too limited for the claim you’re making, imo.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Cynz.9437

nice joke, i play a thief…

i am talking about things like zoom hacks and non clippling hacks that allow you to walk through the solid walls etc.

you probably didn’t do any WvW yet because a lot of players abuse hacks in there, especially top rated servers

My suggestion would be to grab screenshots, keep a record of where and when and then open a full ticket via the support website. This way you can attach multiple screenshots and present more detail to support your concern. The report interface is simply too limited for the claim you’re making, imo.

well issue with that is that in WvW you don’t see names of the players so screenshots would be kind of useless… maximum i can tell is the name of the guild that is

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

nice joke, i play a thief…

I wipe 6 guys in WvW every time I go in… I’m a thief.

Anyway, yeah, an option to report hacking would be nice, but I can also see it being abused due to WvW.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Report for botting. The botting one will make their account become under watch if reported enough times and if there is hacking it would turn up in the botting.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Cynz.9437

Report for botting. The botting one will make their account become under watch if reported enough times and if there is hacking it would turn up in the botting.

what they do is not exatly botting, that is the thing

bots follow certain pattern and it is easy to see it

players abusing hacks don’t follow the pattern so even if their account would come under watch since there is no bot pattern in behavior it won’t be banned

All is Vain~

Need new report option

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

well issue with that is that in WvW you don’t see names of the players so screenshots would be kind of useless… maximum i can tell is the name of the guild that is

Which is also why I suggested tracking, when and where. The time of the offense, along with the location, in conjunction with a screenie of the offender would make it easier for them to track down the person in question. Its what logs are for.

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Cynz.9437

Which is also why I suggested tracking, when and where. The time of the offense, along with the location, in conjunction with a screenie of the offender would make it easier for them to track down the person in question. Its what logs are for.

what if there is 70 people zerg?

All is Vain~

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

what they do is not exatly botting, that is the thing

bots follow certain pattern and it is easy to see it

players abusing hacks don’t follow the pattern so even if their account would come under watch since there is no bot pattern in behavior it won’t be banned

Best suggestion and think I read somewhere already from an Anet post that is what you should report hacking as well… Some other games i play they already place Botting/Hacking into the same category. So keep with the trend and the usual and just report it as botting and anything usual would appear during their search.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Need new report option

in Suggestions

LanfearShadowflame.3189

what if there is 70 people zerg?

Their issue not yours. But they should still see the anomaly in the log if its there. It at least gives them a place to start

Need new report option

in Suggestions

Cynz.9437

Looking at amount of hacking going on in wvw, i doubt it is that simple :/

All is Vain~