Need official thread for QoL suggestions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eos.6951

Eos.6951

I did a quick search and the only thing I found was a few threads that were all personal suggestions.

It’d be really convenient if a forum moderator could make an official thread for QoL suggestions thread. This would clean up the general forums of a lot of suggestion threads that deal with minor changes.

I have a few QoL suggestions too, and I’m sure any long-time player has something in mind.

What is a QoL suggestion?
* Only takes 1-2 sentences to propose
* Feasible and easily implemented
* Minor change to the game
* Not controversial

What is not a QoL suggestion?
* Balancing changes
* Bug fixes
* Changes to core mechanics of the game
* Major changes to existing features in the game

Posted by: Iyeru.5240

Iyeru.5240

Here’s an example of a Quality of Life Suggestion:

Allow us to turn off de-targeting if we left-click the ground.

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

Posted by: Emelyn.8729

Emelyn.8729

I can think of two right away:

1) AFK flag. Better: AFK flag that sends an automated message back to any /whisper that comes in. Best: AFK flag that allows the player to set his/her own unique personal return message.

2) The ability to make notes on the Friends List. Where did I meet this person? What are their alts’ names?

3) Ok, I lied — here’s a third… ability to bind Stow Pet to a keyboard shortcut.

I’m sure I’ll think of more later.

Iyeru.5240

Ability to copy text from the chat box.

And this one is more for QoL for the developers: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/That-Raid-and-Zerker/page/2#post5584391

* (A strange light fills the room. Twilight is shining ahead. You’re filled with, DETERMINATION.)

(edited by Iyeru.5240)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

A 64-bit API upgrade to drastically reduce chances of crashing wouldn’t just be nice but actually standard by today’s gaming standards.

Iyeru.5240

A 64-bit API upgrade to drastically reduce chances of crashing wouldn’t just be nice but actually standard by today’s gaming standards.

Yeah, I recommended that a while back in another suggestion thread.

You can see that post here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/Game-Improvement-Suggestions/page/26#post1185717

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Particle effects slider.

Legendary effects toggle/hide. (audio as well)

All Back Items toggle/hide.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

When buying bag slot expansions from the gem shop it is account bound (as in all your characters get one slot) rather than on a character only basis. This is to match bank tab expansions which are universal to all characters.

Iyeru.5240

When gathering, don’t unfocus the chat if it is currently focused or you make it focused while gathering.

Posted by: Hokeypokey.2135

Hokeypokey.2135

Let me save my own preset graphic settings

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

“Open All” option for loot, luck and various things.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: brandname.4736

brandname.4736

lots of good ideas here

Trader list "so you can sell multiple items to be sold at trading post simultaneously to orders "
Turn off all other players models
Multiple specialization tabs “you can make say three different specialization builds and when you need to swithch you just select which tab you want”

Iyeru.5240

Another optimization the devs can do:

Actually un-render nameplates if they aren’t visible. Some MMORPGs actually render the nameplates, even if they are not visible, FFXIV does this, and it’s upsetting.

Posted by: brandname.4736

brandname.4736

preview entire set option on right click when looking through armors.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure how easily implemented some of these suggestions are. But, here’s to hoping your wishes are granted. =)

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Ability to save gear/traits so we can quickly click a button and toggle what we’re wearing and what traits we’re using while out of combat. It’ll make swapping between power, condi, bunker, cele, medi, etc.. sets much easier in WvW & PvE. 5 per character would be great.