Need way to SHUT OFF or remap GLIDER

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zoria.1392

Zoria.1392

This issue has been brought up all on reddit/forums and when I sent a ticket they told me to post it here.

I know everyone is going to say to stop holding jump but I am NOT holding it. I can do the same exact jump down 5 little tiles and on the 6th it will randomly deploy and put me over the edge. It should NEVER deploy when you are doing quick/tiny/bunny hops across a bunch of stones. My ping is high and my computer is old. There is nothing I can do about either one at the moment.

I completed every jumping puzzle in original GW2 without a mesmer. I LOVED Mad King Tower puzzle and got up there the first year without incident— even with the giant Norn/Charr blocking my Asuara.

It’s just the glider randomly deploying, that is ruining— making impossible— the HOT/S3 jumping puzzles/collections.

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

From what I’m reading, the issue you’re encountering is due to the fact that the glider will deploy any time you press jump while in the air… It’s not even an issue with just hitting jump to frequently, as the instant your feet hit the ground glide is disabled again… However, with a high ping you can quite easily end up with either one of two situations…

1) A slow response from the server resulted in the jump key not switching back to jump after landing causing you to glide off of a platform you just landed on when you tried to jump again.

2) Latency issues resulted in you seeing yourself on a platform client side that you had either not actually arrived at Serverside or had in actuality overshot, resulting in your character having never landed before you hit jump the second time.

About the only thing you can do is just be a little more patient, wait a little bit between jumps to ensure that you will in fact jump instead of glide off of the platform.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

No lets embrace the fluky glider, and make life more fun. Hum…

Maybe car brakes that lock while driving
Firework that blow up before the fuse burns down.
Airplane door that don’t stay shut.

Can anyone top those?

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

I agree with the OP… Please let us shut off glider or remap the key to deploy glider. This is really annoying. Give us the option plz

Posted by: Cyrin.1035

Cyrin.1035

No lets embrace the fluky glider, and make life more fun. Hum…

Maybe car brakes that lock while driving
Firework that blow up before the fuse burns down.
Airplane door that don’t stay shut.

Can anyone top those?

LOL!

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Yes, we have needed this since gliding came out. I still have trouble jumping around in the game whether it’s jumping puzzles or map completion cause of the wonkiness of it. We either need to be able to have a check box for it or more preferably be able to rebind it so it’s not tied into the jump button if we don’t want it to be. Not really sure what’s stopping this from happening but imo it’s long overdue.