Needs be restrictions in EotM.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

It’s a little silly to pit 500 vs 500 vs 8 players.

Suggest: Send players into overflow map if their numbers get a ratio way to much higher than one team. Example, if OG has 100 and FR has 100 but BL has 8 players then anyone joining OG/FR should be sent to the overflow until BL has 100 players. Then when everyone has 100 players on a team raise the count to a shared 200 or send to overflow, etc.

But having 10,000 players coming after 8 people is stupid bad design.

I also post on guildwars2guru.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

10,008 players in one map? I didn’t know that was possible.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

You do not know the power of the dark side. Join me, and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son!

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Just a flesh wound.3589

You do not know the power of the dark side. Join me, and together we will rule the galaxy as father and son!

I was trying to visualize 10,000 players on in one EOTM map. It would be like a rush hour in New York City or something, wall to wall people.

Excuse me. (Edges past) excuse me (edges past).

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

1) Go all back to math in 1st class 500+500+8 = 1008 (not 10008)

2) OP is not talking about one map but the sum of players over all EotM Instances.

3) yeah I do not like ANet’s player distribution method as well
Green creates new maps as they are so many, and the more instances it create, the thinner is the pop of blue and red per map as the are distributed over all of them to provide green with some easy to farm activity.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Green creates new maps as they are so many, and the more instances it create, the thinner is the pop of blue and red per map as the are distributed over all of them to provide green with some easy to farm activity.

This is true. Yesterday I entered a match with 1h left and the entire map was white. I proceeded to solo the Observatory, then got a group of 4 people and got lands, reactors and 2 towers. This was a long process, however red and blue did not conquer a single objective in the meantime nor more green players came.

I am on SFR and we are green this week.
PS: the high number the OP mentions is most likely a figure of speech.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

If you’re on Borlis Pass, that is your problem. That server’s WvW/EoTM base is nonexistent/ Whatever color they happen to be that week, the team suffers because Borlis contributes next to nothing to its population. My suggestion is to either change servers, or try to jump in right when a new match starts.

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

on an unrelated note, why does green still have the inherit health/dmg buff by the way? I never really understood this. If green symbolizes the ‘best’ servers of the week, with the best numbers, why do they also get the health buff?

Posted by: Tiscan.8345

Tiscan.8345

Example, if OG has 100 and FR has 100 but BL has 8 players then anyone joining OG/FR should be sent to the overflow until BL has 100 players. Then when everyone has 100 players on a team raise the count to a shared 200 or send to overflow, etc.

This doesn’t solve anything as this would lead to other odd combinations. The only at least somewhat feasible “solution” (in terms of: avoiding players from the same server in different teams) to this problem would be to group servers by average playerbase and not their current “color”.

So lets say you’ve got 9 servers with the following average population (average population = people actually playing EoTM):

Server 1 – 1446
Server 2 – 508
Server 3 – 1181
Server 4 – 159
Server 5 – 31
Server 6 – 489
Server 7 – 115
Server 8 – 869
Server 9 – 164

So we’ve got an average of 4962 people playing EoTM. Optimal team-size would be 4962 / 3 = 1654 players.

So instead of grouping the servers by color (1,4,7 – 2,5,8 – 3,6,9) we group them like this:

Team “green” -> 1651 Players (99,82 % of optimal distribution)

• Servers (4) : Server 8,Server 2,Server 4,Server 7

Team “blue” -> 1641 Players (99,21 % of optimal distribution)

• Servers (3) : Server 1,Server 9,Server 5

Team [red] -> 1670 Players (100,97 % of optimal distribution)

• Servers (2) : Server 3,Server 6

That way, at least in theory, each team has roughly the same number of players at their disposal.

Another random example with 27 servers:

Server 1 – 766
Server 2 – 923
Server 3 – 920
Server 4 – 1116
Server 5 – 700
Server 6 – 949
Server 7 – 747
Server 8 – 213
Server 9 – 1040
Server 10 – 1042
Server 11 – 164
Server 12 – 374
Server 13 – 1219
Server 14 – 518
Server 15 – 1492
Server 16 – 1353
Server 17 – 562
Server 18 – 371
Server 19 – 169
Server 20 – 1083
Server 21 – 1099
Server 22 – 225
Server 23 – 837
Server 24 – 1071
Server 25 – 75
Server 26 – 307
Server 27 – 333

Total players: 19668
Optimal team size: 6556

Team [green] -> 6596 Players (100,61 % of optimal distribution)

• Servers (8) : Server 21,Server 20,Server 24,Server 10,Server 3,Server 5,Server 12,Server 26

Team [blue] -> 6571 Players (100,23 % of optimal distribution)

• Servers (6) : Server 15,Server 16,Server 13,Server 2,Server 23,Server 7

Team [red] -> 6501 Players (99,16 % of optimal distribution)

• Servers (13) : Server 4,Server 9,Server 6,Server 1,Server 17,Server 14,Server 18,Server 27,Server 22,Server 8,Server 19,Server 11,Server 25

The average playerbase for each server would be calculated every friday for the last 7 (or 30 or whatever works best) days and based upon those numbers, the servers are assigned to teams for the next matchup.

(edited by Tiscan.8345)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Or maybe make a PvP like panel with 3 options to join: green, red and blue. Number of current players listed on each color and you are only allowed to join on the color with the lowest number of players. Take away any advantage given to green.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Slalom.3174

Slalom.3174

Or maybe make a PvP like panel with 3 options to join: green, red and blue. Number of current players listed on each color and you are only allowed to join on the color with the lowest number of players. Take away any advantage given to green.

I like your solution. Certainly doable.
What about groups? A person already grouped would have to be auto-kicked when he chooses his color.

Overall, a good solution for k-training or leveling players IMN2BHO. It would step on guild-group efforts though.

Anyway, just pipe-dreams

“Please accept my text in the jovial, friendly manner that it is intended.”

Just a flesh wound.3589

I like your solution. Certainly doable.
What about groups? A person already grouped would have to be auto-kicked when he chooses his color.

Overall, a good solution for k-training or leveling players IMN2BHO. It would step on guild-group efforts though.

Anyway, just pipe-dreams

Maybe a PvP like mechanic where he spectates and then joins a different color to get on a party member’s color when that color drops in numbers. It would have to kick him to the starting color waypoint of course.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

what they need to do is keep eotm as an overflow map

And use the borderlands as the real source for player counting

I play on WSR and its just depressing to see how we get overun every time and time again.

at best we can get a zerg up with about 20/50 players, prime time.
To bad we face 200 player zerks all the time during prime and 20+ during nights at best. Wsr is pretty much abandoned during nights except for a few dedicated guilds.

The ounumbered buff is just a silly thing aswell

33% more dps isen’t going to make us win a fight against group 2 times our size, they just instantly rek you 1 by 1 till you are forced to run for it or call it a day.

Why can’t they limit the players from more crowded servers to fit that of the abandoned ones

Oh, you can’t join because the cap is reached? to bad, go play a bit of eotm in overflow

At least this mechanic would push players to actually move servers that need players instead of joining top tier and zerg everyone else.

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I saw 1,000,008 players in eotm yesterday. Yes, it is true. So many people in the map that thousands of players were constantly falling off the edges to a horrid and bloody death!

Oh, the humanity!!!!!!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

It’s a little silly to pit 500 vs 500 vs 8 players.

Suggest: Send players into overflow map if their numbers get a ratio way to much higher than one team. Example, if OG has 100 and FR has 100 but BL has 8 players then anyone joining OG/FR should be sent to the overflow until BL has 100 players. Then when everyone has 100 players on a team raise the count to a shared 200 or send to overflow, etc.

But having 10,000 players coming after 8 people is stupid bad design.

Eotm is mega server and WvW isn’t meant to balanced or fair hence 3 servers/sides. Also the sooner you join eotm after macth reset the higher your chances of getting a high populated map. Since there are more than one eotm map its possible you got one that had low population for your side for that map.

So in short eotm is working as intented!!

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao