Nerf Burning duration Runes/Sigils/Food

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Right now the Burning duration runes/sigils/food are too OP. They should all be reduced. Taking Balthazar and 20% duration sigil give me raw 65% damage increase (and even more due to condi power and proc).

It was fine before since you couldn’t stack conditions. However, it’s vastly OP now that we can stack condi. Power runes/sigil only provide 5-10% damage multiplier.

The burning duration runes/sigils/food should be reduced to 10% duration bonus max.

I had my fun cheesing people in PvP for a week. Now I want balance.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

Posted by: Kolache.3964

Kolache.3964

Would you nerf duration reduction food as well?

Sunshine.5014

Would you nerf duration reduction food as well?

Yes I would. If condi is too weak after that (which I don’t think it is) we can always adjust the scaling with condi power.

As it is right now, those condi duration runes/sigils/food are raw damage multiplier.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Whats the average burn damage? WP posted a video where he got 19k for about 2-3 seconds using every burn duration and proc he could. How is 19k burn different from a 19k backstab or 100blades?

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Well but in the meanwhile, he was doing some damage. It’s not “just” a 19k burst in 10s (which is already strong), he did direct damage and massive burning before he got that 19k tick. I haven’t counted how much damage in total during those 10s, but that is insane!

(edited by Silverkey.2078)

Xenon.4537

Well but in the meanwhile, he was doing some damage. It’s not “just” a 19k burst in 10s (which is already strong), he did massive direct damage and massive burning before he got that 19k tick. I haven’t counted how much damage in total during those 10s, but that is insane!

He has no ferocity to augment the power hits. Also, its not like berserkers can’t auto attack or use other abilities in between their backstabs and 100blades.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

leave my runes of flame legion alone…….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Sunshine.5014

leave my runes of flame legion alone…….

I rather ask for buffs on conditions and nerf conditions duration runes/sigils/food. Big raw damage multipliers like that only encourage extreme build.

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

What you are forgetting is most burn durations are relatively short to begin with. Some bleed skills could easily grant 10+ sec of duration but a burn is usually 1-3sec.

Furthermore before the patch I only need to apply 1 stack of burn to get max damage but now 1 stack is only a few hundred damage points so for a burn build to be viable u need to have duration on the condition to have time to apply the stacks. Even the most viable burn builds cannot keep up extreme stacks for the duration of a whole fight but at least witht he current set up we can spike high for a few secs then come down to a decent average over time.

Simply put the system works as it is now if you nerf the duration buy buy viability. That will just take us back to pre-patch…

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

How about instead of nerfing conditions (especially ones that some specs are reliant on as their soul damaging condition) we instead look at other ways to fix the problem.

For PvE it would make sense for boss type creatures to have access to the resistance boon, condition cleanses or possibly even a flat condi damage reduction.

For PvP it would also make sense for every class to be given varying degrees of the new resistance boon.
It could be tacked on to various traits, skills, utilities etc…

That would solve allot of the problems in PvP.

If they continue to persist then other solutions could be looked at.

Xenon.4537

How about instead of nerfing conditions (especially ones that some specs are reliant on as their soul damaging condition) we instead look at other ways to fix the problem.

For PvE it would make sense for boss type creatures to have access to the resistance boon, condition cleanses or possibly even a flat condi damage reduction.

For PvP it would also make sense for every class to be given varying degrees of the new resistance boon.

This, this, and more of this. You all cry “nerf” now, but what happens when they add the resistance boon? Will you cry “buff”?

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

This, this, and more of this. You all cry “nerf” now, but what happens when they add the resistance boon? Will you cry “buff”?

Well said. Given this community, I think that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Sunshine.5014

I don’t ask solely for nerf to conditions damage. I want conditions to get buffed, and conditions duration runes/sigils to get nerfed.

Right now conditions duration runes/sigils/food carry too much damage for the conditions classes. They are forced to take those runes/sigils unless they want to reduce their damage by 65%.

Posted by: Cambeleg.7632

Cambeleg.7632

I don’t ask solely for nerf to conditions damage. I want conditions to get buffed, and conditions duration runes/sigils to get nerfed.

Right now conditions duration runes/sigils/food carry too much damage for the conditions classes. They are forced to take those runes/sigils unless they want to reduce their damage by 65%.

I’m not agree. Even with these % about burning and other condition damages (like Bleeding), you have counter-skills for avoiding this damage: use them. Besides, if you use this kind of runes and sigils, it’s pretty easy to counter, ’cos this build will be based on a certain kind of damage… just counter it and your enemy will be a dummie, ready for being slammed.

Its really just that simple.