Nerf's and More

Nerf's and More

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AcE.3418

AcE.3418

I played Guild Wars 1 for 6 years. I have played GW2 for nearly 500 hours. I have always been a loyal fan of the franchise and think the folks at ArenaNet are great!

I just think with limiting every possible way to make money in this game (most recently making the enemy’s drop virtually nothing in the beginning of the Personal Story “The Steel Tide”) Guild Wars 2 is starting to make me feel like the only way to make gold efficiently is by Buying Gems with your real money. It also feels like I am being forced out of farming, or karma events, or dungeon “grinding” by nerf’s that make it to where you make almost no gold for the time you spend. Forced out of Farming… so that I can buy gems???? No.

That isn’t what Guild Wars 1 was about, it was never about paying to win but rather just having fun and letting the PLAYER do what it is they want to do in the game.

For those who would say that there is much more to do when your level 80 to make money please help me out!

I have 3 level 80’s at this point. 100% map completion, all the story lines done, every dungeon completed and “grinded” far too much for me to enjoy them at all anymore, WvW is fun for a while, but after zerging forever it gets a little old. Also when you are running along and magically 200 enemys appear 10 feet from you with no time to get away…. that makes for a not fun play style. In WvW Wheres the reward? What is my purpose of helping my server win for the month?? Nothing. sPvP Lacks ALOT because I have spent over 300 hours on my theif… yet I cant even show off my armor or weapons because I get Generic’d out in sPvP. I have no originality. New Fractals dungeon Well I’ve grinded that out as well into the level 15’s and without a decent Group/Party/Dungeon Finder to live with it is near impossible to get a decent PUG team.

Work for my legendary? I was. I was trying to make money the only ways I could do it, by doing everything I can. Well the Incinerator is now well over 900g to purchase all the materials for, and what do you get for having that legendary??? NOTHING the stats are exactly the same as the weapon I have right now.

I hate to say any of this because I am a loyal fan of the Franchise, I just feel like I am being pushed away and told that its NOT Okay to play the game I want to play it.

I have defended, and stood by this game, this franchise for over 7 years now. For the first time I can say Y’all are starting to loose a big fan.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

i feel frustrated i didnt buy many gems when i shoud have and now its INSANE to even try to buy 100 gems i cant upgrade my invetory space and i dont own credit card

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

If you played GW1, you should know they still have the same philosophy when it comes to farming. See: when they farmed the Shadow Refuse solo farm build for assassins.

Nerf's and More

AcE.3418

If you played GW1, you should know they still have the same philosophy when it comes to farming. See: when they farmed the Shadow Refuse solo farm build for assassins.

Yes, but what about SooSc? or Any farm in the TOPK? or Ectos farms… or ToT Bag farms in the holidays? Yes they nerfed some but not to the point where you couldnt make money if you were smart.

Hell you could faction farm in PvP and still make money.. at least PvP in GW1 had a purpose for unlocking things that further you both in PvP and PvE.

Farms in GW1 were kind of trampled on as well but I never felt like I was being forced out of the game.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

The problem isn’t the skill nerfs it’s the nerfs to loot drops. If in fact it is a nerf and not a bug?

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Grind grind grind and more pve , i rather log with my guild , we rather log now and keep loging less every week.

The wvwvw is some boring now i been vs the same servers for like lol who knows i always see the same.

The other point i dont like much the dungeon style of these game , i have to live in a dungeon now?

Well not thnx, other point theres not people on mostly all open world, sometimes but not at all….

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Nerf's and More

AcE.3418

The problem isn’t the skill nerfs it’s the nerfs to loot drops. If in fact it is a nerf and not a bug?

Absolutely. They make the drops so impossible to get that you have no incentive to play.

And its not a bug

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Catcrafter.3917

Catcrafter.3917

@OP
What? Are you sure? I farmed steel tide today for about 3hrs and earned 7.5g, it seemed to me same as always, and I have no MFgear, only omnomnom bars.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Maybe we’ll never know.. they are just “looking into it”, not communicating appropriately and at least fixing the loot issue.

Nerf's and More

AcE.3418

@OP
What? Are you sure? I farmed steel tide today for about 3hrs and earned 7.5g, it seemed to me same as always, and I have no MFgear, only omnomnom bars.

I love the farm trust me! I farmed it today too! Go play it now that they patched it.. it dropped maybe 2 things for me.

Also its not just that farm its all the loot drops in general

Nerf's and More

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

i feel frustrated i didnt buy many gems when i shoud have and now its INSANE to even try to buy 100 gems i cant upgrade my invetory space and i dont own credit card

My girlfriend and I both have level 80’s, I played for about 7 weeks before she started playing. In that time, I got a bunch of exotics with Magic Find gear and made a bunch of gold. Maybe, 60-80 gold worth of items from farming for long periods of time every other day (university classes are every other day).

In that time period, Every 2/3rds of the gold I made went into buying Gems and becoming a Gem Hoarder. I maxed out my bank, my bag, and character slots.

Now, my girlfriend wants to increase her bank, bag, and character slots, but I’ve already spent all the Gems I collected on halloween skins and chest keys, halloween fashions, buying her level 80 equipment, and working on getting myself a legendary scepter…

We’re broke now. Both of us.

“It’s going to cost you 10g to increase your bank size, babe.”

“WTF? I only have $3.50 and it took me forever to make that…”

“I’m sorry, babe. I only have 3g, too. It gets worse though, the price is going to increase every single day…”

“-.- What the hell…”

So basically, I knew the price was going to steadily increase and never stop (This is how it was in Jade Dynasty) and I prepared ahead of time. For everyone else, it is going to suck very hard. Even for me NOW, on a new character, it is going to suck just trying to increase my bag slots. I wish it wasn’t like this. Sure, stuff may sell for a bit more than before now that the bots are gone, but it is still a lot of gold just to buy gems in-game.

It sucks.

Nerf's and More

Catcrafter.3917

@OP

I love the farm trust me! I farmed it today too! Go play it now that they patched it.. it dropped maybe 2 things for me.

Also its not just that farm its all the loot drops in general

Oh that sucks man… There goes my grinding income, now all i have left is combining rare pets to get exotic ones to earn money. Also I feel your pain man, after doing everything I wanted in this game, explorer title, perfect look, perfect gear, all dungeons now all that I have left is standing around Lions arch showing off how kitten I look XD

Nerf's and More

Zappix.7928

Absolutely. They make the drops so impossible to get that you have no incentive to play.

And its not a bug

Oh right. There’s like a 10 page thread asking what’s happened to the loot drops. I myself have noticed a noticeable reduction in drops. It’s quite saddening that making an income a legitimate way has taking a beating and the community is just left in the dark. It’s the whole “When it’s ready” attitude. -_-

Nerf's and More

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

The constant nerfing of already horribly poor rewards is really driving the game into the ground. I farmed for 3 days and got a single rare.

They’d do better to simply put up a sign when you log in that says “Don’t bother playing, you’ll get nothing but garbage for your effort.”

Nerf's and More

AcE.3418

The constant nerfing of already horribly poor rewards is really driving the game into the ground. I farmed for 3 days and got a single rare.

They’d do better to simply put up a sign when you log in that says “Don’t bother playing, you’ll get nothing but garbage for your effort.”

I couldn’t agree more

Nerf's and More

Zappix.7928

If you haven’t posted in this thread about your loot concerns please do and bump it up.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Change-in-loot-parameters-or-a-bug-Merged/

Nerf's and More

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I couldn’t agree more

I agree don’t get me wrong here, completely agree with the sentiment and the OP.

At the same time they did tell us they’d be investigating this. I hope they do and fix it if they expect to keep players they will. There’s nothing in this world that can kill a game faster then a messed up economy and they said they would be watching theirs.

I just can’t imagine what went wrong either in the management of this game or in the code either way it’s gotta be fixed soon.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

Well, I’m finding that the drops are significantly better than they ever have been. Further, the amount of gold I’m getting paid for events has gone up considerably in the last week. My 80 never (EVER) received over 2s for any event completion. But, in the last two days he’s averaging close to 3s.

I think they fixed something, but haven’t announced.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Oh that sucks man… There goes my grinding income, now all i have left is combining rare pets to get exotic ones to earn money.

Is that even legal, does PETA know what you are doing?

Now i know who to blame.

Attachments:

Ulfar SOR

Nerf's and More

AcE.3418

Oh that sucks man… There goes my grinding income, now all i have left is combining rare pets to get exotic ones to earn money.

Now i know who to blame.

Dear god. That is hilarious

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Kwishin.5124

Kwishin.5124

This game has gotten to the point of utter frustration for me as well. One thing that people haven’t mentioned a lot is what is causing the increase in demand. Anet has released just a few ascended items and each one cost considerable amounts of ecto and t6 mats. Anet has stated that they intend to release more ascended items, and that eventually a player can be fully geared wearing ascended. Imagine the near future with more ascended items coming out and the drop rates stays the same. That is not the game I want to play.

For a developer that has stated that they are anti-farming, they are creating the most farm intensive game I have ever seen. Now as previously stated, they want you to buy gems, but there are far better ways of encouraging players to pay without punishing every player. The character modification option is a good example. A player can do a cosmetic change that doesn’t affect gameplay. Perhaps Anet should create personal houses that have gem purchasable furniture. Maybe one day they can release mounts, and have some really good looking ones for gems. More custom armor and weapons skins that don’t look like poo may also be an idea.

And now I’m going to drop the Legendary bomb. I know, uhh another Legendary complaint, but hear me out. First, as a preemptive strike on the trolls out there, I know they are Legendary. I know that they should be very hard to get. I know that it would suck if everyone had one. I know you don’t need to buy gems, you can farm mats. I know that I am not entitled to one, or given one on a silver platter. I know that it is just a skin, and is for bragging rights only. If there are any more troll clichés I’ve left out, just know that I probably to some extent agree with it.

The problem is the considerable increase in difficulty. Someone who farmed for one even a month ago, had a considerably easier and cheaper time getting one. Getting a Legendary should be hard, but not constantly getting harder and harder. This only drives players away. I would normally say, just wait the market would eventually even itself out, but with new items increasing demand and Anet nerfing everything and buffing nothing this is not likely at all.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: HunterFox.2578

HunterFox.2578

Ive had ok drops and maybe about 10 un id dyes between a few chars. What i dont like is that there should be specific drops from champs like eveyone else has said. I shouldnt get an 80 rare from a lvl 4 mob in starter zone on my 80. I was just trying to farm some lower level mats/bag of supplies for my wife. Honestly, the drops should always be level specific to the zone. That way i dont have to try and save up and slavage everything when im leveling a char just to get mats.

They said as long as youre in a 55+ zone youd get your own level of items. Im getting more 70+ level items and less lower ones. Id like to build up my jute scraps again as id rather take the time farming them than buying on TP. I dont want my wife to feel like its impossible to craft things as she only plays on the weekend.

All id like to see honestly is maybe an increase in gold drops from mobs like gw1, specific loot from specific vets or champs (to maybe populate other mid level areas) but not guaranteed but had a chance(like the green rares from gw1), lower diminishing returns as you(anet) have banned a good bit of the bots, give more incentive to go back to zones for continued population of low areas, and ill find some more to think of later.

Nerf's and More

Catcrafter.3917

Now i know who to blame.

OMG I loled so hard and get an idea. Imagine that only on April 1st, when you put 4random pets into the mystic forge you have a chance to get a mini Orrian Abomination stiched from the pets you put in!

Nerf's and More

Posted by: foogison.5067

foogison.5067

I feel the exact same way that you do. I am currently going for a legendary, just because its really the only thing that there is to do, and this process has pushed me away from the game like no other. In particular i find aquiring the 250 stacks of each T6 mat the most tedious thing i have ever done in my life, and there are a number of reasons for this:
1) Everytime i find a new farming spot, a week later its nerfed to uselessness
2) There are very few mobs that drop the items you need
3) Diminishing returns makes farming impossible
4) Orr events have been nerfed to almost uselessness for items

I just wish that ArenaNet would leave the game as it is and stop nerfing everything, i honestly feel like you guys WANT me to buy gold at this point. Please, help make farming reasonable and INTERESTING make more than 2 types of mob drop an item that i need 250 of.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

trust me every mmorpg companie do the same thing keep nerfing
put items in CS to get beter drops and more

every companie do it if you play 8 years mmorpg like me
you see alot ^^

i always say a mmorpg is for rich pll the poor have nothing to say
they can play sure np but have a very hard time to get everything

they must work there kitten off to get good items
when the rich spend real cash for gems and that way get fast gold in the game

and wola they have everything in no time ^^
and this you wil always have and it wil never change

best is a mmorpg with out CS but then again the companie dont get mony ^^

Nerf's and More

Posted by: ChairGraveyard.2967

ChairGraveyard.2967

[snip]
The problem is the considerable increase in difficulty. Someone who farmed for one even a month ago, had a considerably easier and cheaper time getting one. Getting a Legendary should be hard, but not constantly getting harder and harder. This only drives players away. I would normally say, just wait the market would eventually even itself out, but with new items increasing demand and Anet nerfing everything and buffing nothing this is not likely at all.

Agreed. It seems like Legendary farming has to be an ever-receding goal post, both in the mats needed and getting a precursor from the Mystic Toilet (recently put 40g in exotics in it, got a bunch of garbage out, not even any named exotics, that’s another 40 on top of ~120g put in already).

For a company that doesn’t “make grindy games” they sure are making a name for themselves as the Western kings of Korean-style all-grind-all-the-time games.

As an aside, I don’t like WoW at all (never have, since the first day I played it in open beta, as I’m not a fan of non-action combat, but I digress) but it is much less grindy than GW2 is at this point what with Ascended/fractals, ever-increasing grind for Legendary requirements, hardcore nerfs to income every week etc.

(edited by ChairGraveyard.2967)

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Same experience as OP. Truth is, I wouldn’t have anything in this game if it weren’t for the gemstore. This certainly is a unique experience for me as I was able to support myself wholly in-game in other games just fine. Well, I couldn’t support myself in Diablo 3 either, but I’m not playing that game anymore.

Nerf's and More

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

I would have to agree. I’m kitten tired of being broke and unfortunately I’m not an adolescent with 10+ hours a day to spend playing. I’m also not going to try and play the ‘market’ when it’s controlled by bots. I’m not spending money every month on gems to convert to gold just to feel like I might be able to have a ‘fun’ time. The longer I play this game the less appealing it becomes.