Nerf zerg farm -suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Really? you’re going to automatically assume, and insult, people who dont agree with you? Why’d you bother even making your thread in the first place?

Beyond that, you do realize group events are for groups from 2 people to a full capacity map (roughly 150 players)? There really isnt much else to discuss in this thread until you understand that.

Posted by: SkullProX.7083

SkullProX.7083

Really? you’re going to automatically assume, and insult, people who dont agree with you? Why’d you bother even making your thread in the first place?

Beyond that, you do realize group events are for groups from 2 people to a full capacity map (roughly 150 players)? There really isnt much else to discuss in this thread until you understand that.

There isn’t much point to comment, if you can’t interpret a simple text.
The main point was that these brainless group ‘events’ are the most effective way to farm. Easiest, and best gold/hour rate…. Which is sad.

Oh, and I was right with the comment at the end. Keep spamming auto attacks for hours, and enjoy it!

(edited by SkullProX.7083)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I don’t enjoy zerg play, but fun is subjective. Asking for fun farming content instead of zerg farming content does’nt work. Asking that other players’ fun be curtailed so that yours can increase is also a lost cause.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

And why exactly is that a problem? You do realize there is TWO sources of gold right? Your “mindless zerg” events are ITEMS being sold, you know, to other players? Fractals and dungeons provide raw gold either directly or via items to vendor. The first is gold transferring from one player to another, with the second being gold being introduced into the game from a source that is essentially unlimited. For that reason fractals and dungeons are limited sources while events are not.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I take it you don’t participate in such zergs. So how then does it ruin your game play?

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

I always love the threads that end with “if you disagree with me, you’re a fanboy, whiteknight, etc”

Good discussion!

SkullProX.7083

I always love the threads that end with “if you disagree with me, you’re a fanboy, whiteknight, etc”

Good discussion!

You guys just prove me right, keep on

SkullProX.7083

I find HP trains in HoT zones very useful because a lot of those HPs are rather difficult to many and it would otherwise take them a lifetime to unlock their elite spec. I’m not a huge fan of zergs, but there are situations (many in HoT) where it is a viable option for many players.

That being said, you’re not going to change the zerg culture of MMOs. It’s something that has been around since MMOs were created. Every game adapts to them and learns to tolerate it in varied degrees.

Every game? Maybe at events very rarely, or pvp wars but otherwise no… zergfarming in gw2 is so big its not even funny… Otherwise i never saw any zerg in any mmo before… and i played a few

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

People will always find new ways to farm. We all need these people who bring balance to the economy, they provide enough supply for us. Without them, prices would go up and down like a roller coaster. Players would struggle to create their legendary or ascended items. Anet will change things (nerfed tunnel farm, key farm etc.) if they think they have to.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Such a shame that OP is forced daily to participate in content that he doesn’t like instead of doing any of they myriad of things there are to do in GW2 that don’t involve zergs.

I play for a couple hours a day sometimes, and the only “zerg” I have run into is doing the so-called “NASCAR Track” in Dragon Stand. Beyond that, I’m rarely with more than 2 other people, and usually solo. I’m still obtaining my goals when it comes to gold and items, I still advance my characters at a steady rate, and so on. Guild Wars 2 is quite adaptable to various play styles.

If you don’t like a certain play style, perhaps don’t engage in it?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!