new legendaries

new legendaries

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

“We aren’t quite ready to go into all the details here, but what I can say is you will see a specific way to build precursor items on your way to a legendary. On top of this, you’ll also see new legendary weapons and new types of legendary gear in 2013. Building your precursor will require a large amount of the new crafting material rewards listed above, 500 in crafting, and likely a combination of other items earned for completing more specific content in the game.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

Something that was promised back on July 18, 2013. Something that was said that was going to be added before the end of the year. We are now 4 months into 2014 and not even a SINGLE word on it.

What is going Anet? Going to reply with ANYTHING or should we expect more silence?

I guess Ill remake this topic on the anniversary of that blog post. #neverforget

new legendaries

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

#hailqueenscarlet
#featurepatch2014
#betaforchina
#priorities

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

new legendaries

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

“bla bla, spending all our resources on china release, bla bla, deal with it.” to sum it up i guess. game is getting rather boring with literally no content coming in for ages now, the mega server messing up everything that did work before and doesnt now, and bug fixes are nowhere in sight.

new legendaries

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

There was a word, you just missed it. I can’t find you the quote right now but a dev said in Septempter-October -ish that out of all the planned features precursor crafting is the least likely to make it by the end of 2013. I’ll post the quote if I manage to find it.

Edit: found it:

You will absolutely see a way to create a precursor available in the future. As detailed in our plans for the second half of the year here:

As mentioned at the end of the blog, as always things are subject to change as test and prepare various systems. Most of the stuff covered in the blog you’ve already seen implemented, or steps towards being implemented, however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

It is still something we absolutely plan to do!

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

new legendaries

Posted by: AysonCurrax.3254

AysonCurrax.3254

There was a word, you just missed it. I can’t find you the quote right now but a dev said in Septempter-October -ish that out of all the planned features precursor crafting is the least likely to make it by the end of 2013. I’ll post the quote if I manage to find it.

that is, sadly, another example of their boasting and naturally hyping everything beyond infinity, and when the time comes to keep their promises and actually deliver, alot of stuff just falls through and is never heard of again. Doesnt make it better they have done that time and time again now and each time the release linked tot he boasting and hyping was a catastrophical disaster and bug fest, some of which still reside in the game to this day and are simply being left that way, it would seem.

new legendaries

Asko.4120

Of cuorse a company presents their products in a positive light. Name a company that doesn’t do that please. I personally haven’t been disappointed with any other patch than Fractured so far because that was actually a patch where half of the announced content wasn’t delivered (announced ~1 week beforehand).

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

new legendaries

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Remember this?

[&AgGSvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Frostfang
[&AgGTvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Kudzu
[&AgGUvwAA] My Journal: Seeking the Lover
[&AgGVvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Spark
[&AgGWvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Bard
[&AgGXvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Dawn
[&AgGYvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Dusk
[&AgGZvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Colossus
[&AgGavwAA] My Journal: Seeking Carcharias
[&AgGbvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Energizer
[&AgGcvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Chaos Gun
[&AgGdvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Hunter
[&AgGevwAA] My Journal: Seeking Storm
[&AgGfvwAA] My Journal: Seeking the Chosen
[&AgGgvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Legend
[&AgGhvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Rage
[&AgGivwAA] My Journal: Seeking Zap
[&AgGjvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Rodgort’s Flame
[&AgGkvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Venom
[&AgGlvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Howl
[&AgGmvwAA] My Journal: Seeking Rodgort

[&AgGvvwAA] The Legend of Flameseeker Prophecies
[&AgGwvwAA] The Legend of Kudzu
[&AgGxvwAA] The Legend of Frenzy
[&AgGyvwAA] The Legend of the Moot
[&AgGzvwAA] The Legend of the Predator
[&AgG0vwAA] The Legend of Twilight
[&AgG1vwAA] The Legend of Bifrost
[&AgG2vwAA] The Legend of Howler
[&AgG3vwAA] The Legend of the Juggernaut
[&AgG4vwAA] The Legend of Kraitkin
[&AgG5vwAA] The Legend of Minstrel

new legendaries

Asko.4120

Never trust datamined stuff or hold it as an evidence of anything.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

new legendaries

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

It’s evidence that they were working on it.
That was 5 months ago. What happened?

(edited by Zanshin.5379)

new legendaries

Asko.4120

That is true though. Also the latest word we have about precursor crafting and new legendaries is that they are working on them and want to make them happen so I don’t see any reason to not trust that. Everyone who has ever done any work in real life should know that timetables, schedules and deadlines are always subject to change and are dependant on so many things that any long-term estimations are far-fetched at best.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

new legendaries

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Everyone who has ever done any work in real life should know that timetables, schedules and deadlines are always subject to change and are dependant on so many things that any long-term estimations are far-fetched at best.

I would be fired if I continually failed to meet deadlines.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

new legendaries

Asko.4120

Everyone who has ever done any work in real life should know that timetables, schedules and deadlines are always subject to change and are dependant on so many things that any long-term estimations are far-fetched at best.

I don’t understand this word continually. Also nowhere Anet promised a hand on the bible that any of the features they have announced are set in stone. They always say that things are subject to change and unforeseeable events and circumstances might postpone the launch of some features. I really don’t undertand why so many people on the forums are so naive that they take everything Anet even hints being working on as promises.

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

new legendaries

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

This is why we can’t have nice things. Right here, this.

We have to be left in the dark about the future of the game, because whenever they say ANYTHING about what they want to do, people **** negativity all over the forums about “promises”.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

new legendaries

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

lol @ fanboys

Anet says one thing, does another and they have people defend them on forums for it. Luckily most people are smarter and don’t appreciate the deception.

new legendaries

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Sry, all the money made via your gem transactions go directly into the chinese client and aion expansions. What ever scraps of coins are left go into so called groundbreaking featurepacks that in reality include systems that in majority where already made and implemented since the start of the game (in pvp), a few layout designs for skillpoints…changed the a number from “5” to “1” for skills and make it sound like it was a biblical change.

Thank u for your gem transactions..and each time u think that the game is lacking just think about how your contribution helped chinese play the game and how happy they are ^.^

new legendaries

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

We are basically funding the beta for china. Now that the chinese release is nearly here Anet could care less about the NA/EU game. All of their resources are going to make the chinese release better. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything until that happens.

new legendaries

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

New legendaries are bound to come out when precursor crafting is released, it’s only logical, and precursor crafting won’t be released in the near future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

new legendaries

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

The problem is not scheduling and timetables. The problem is their focus. Rather than working on what should be a priority because of how much it was asked for, they put all that valuable time working on Megaservers (which are a complete fail imo) that nobody ever asked for (what was asked for was “underflows” which have completely different approach). It’s like your boss giving you a job that he’d like to see on his desk by the end of the week. But you work on a project you think might be cool instead. At the end you have a failed project and your boss is mad because you didn’t do what he asked of you.

new legendaries

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

^We’re not ArenaNet devs’ bosses.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

new legendaries

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sry, all the money made via your gem transactions go directly into the chinese client and aion expansions. What ever scraps of coins are left go into so called groundbreaking featurepacks that in reality include systems that in majority where already made and implemented since the start of the game (in pvp), a few layout designs for skillpoints…changed the a number from “5” to “1” for skills and make it sound like it was a biblical change.

Thank u for your gem transactions..and each time u think that the game is lacking just think about how your contribution helped chinese play the game and how happy they are ^.^

I am not sure ArenaNet has anything to do with Aion. And if you are intimating that NCSoft is funneling the money to the China release, I am pretty sure they are neither the producer or the distributor for the China version of the game.

It is kind of funny that when it suits an argument, all the money goes to NCSoft, and when it doesn’t, it is ArenaNet that takes the money and uses it elsewhere. Lol.

new legendaries

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Edit: found it:

You will absolutely see a way to create a precursor available in the future. As detailed in our plans for the second half of the year here:

As mentioned at the end of the blog, as always things are subject to change as test and prepare various systems. Most of the stuff covered in the blog you’ve already seen implemented, or steps towards being implemented, however the precursor building (and corresponding additional legendary items) is the one highest at risk to not make it this year.

It is still something we absolutely plan to do!

That’s fine and all, delays happen, but when we’re almost halfway through the following year from the timeline they gave us…that’s pretty poor form on their part.

New legendaries are bound to come out when precursor crafting is released, it’s only logical, and precursor crafting won’t be released in the near future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

Honestly I don’t think it’s ever coming, they’ve been talking about it for a year and a half now and keep pushing it back and saying alleged work done on it needs to be completely redone, it’s like the third time they’ve had to scrap it and start at the beginning.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

new legendaries

Romo.3709

In a way we are as a collective. We pay their bills and write their checks every week by supporting their game.

new legendaries

Romo.3709

Honestly I don’t think it’s ever coming, they’ve been talking about it for a year and a half now and keep pushing it back and saying alleged work done on it needs to be completely redone, it’s like the third time they’ve had to scrap it and start at the beginning.

The best part is that they’re back to drawing board, since they said that their initial plan for crafting doesn’t fit the game system the way it is now. So, probably another year or two.

new legendaries

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m not actually looking forward to new legendary stuff. I’d rather have them sort out the current issues with the game than introduce carrots on a stick. And after that give us something more substantial like better horizontal progression, improved guild functions, more customization for our characters etc. THEN more things to grind for.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

new legendaries

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

lol @ fanboys

I {heart} fanboys! Sadly, these days I just can’t eat a whole one by myself.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

new legendaries

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Keep in mind that the blog you reference does also state that things could be pushed back or even scrapped due to a variety of variables.

Colin did state in either November or December that the legendary armor and precursor would miss their deadlines. As quoted, he has stated that we will still see them.

Just before the feature pack, another dev stated that precursor crafting was on hold because it no longer worked with the updated systems and needed reworking.

kitten happens in development. Sometimes it pushes things back. Add on top of that the China launch (which feels like an even more massive overhaul to how the game works, no little bit of effort there), yeah I can see things getting pushed back a bit. We’ve been told it’s still coming, be content that they haven’t simply told us ‘sorry, we scrapped it’ instead.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

new legendaries

Romo.3709

I’m not actually looking forward to new legendary stuff. I’d rather have them sort out the current issues with the game than introduce carrots on a stick. And after that give us something more substantial like better horizontal progression, improved guild functions, more customization for our characters etc. THEN more things to grind for.

The guild functions is nowhere near their priority list. They added “last online” which should’ve been there since day 1 with feature patch. But the megaservers completely destroyed any guild missions and organization we’ve had. Guild Missions are now complete chaos every time they’re started. Nothing has been done to fix this. Guild recruitment is completely destroyed as well, since we’re mixed up with all those people from different servers. And if we recruit a person outside of our server they receive no bonuses provided by the guild nor they put influence towards the guild either (at least not the version that’s on main server). Guilds are a complete mess at this point.

new legendaries

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I wish they’t give us new legendary items too – been waiting a long time for them.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

new legendaries

Posted by: Blazing Liger.1236

Blazing Liger.1236

I don’t even have the funds to make one of the current legendaries, so new ones are kinda low on my ‘want’ list. I do think that guild features need some polish, especially in a game called GUILD Wars 2.

It’s hard to do jumping puzzles with a big, fuzzy butt.

new legendaries

Valento.9852

lol @ fanboys

I {heart} fanboys! Sadly, these days I just can’t eat a whole one by myself.

Some are heartily willing to be eaten, you know. lol

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

new legendaries

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

Hey guys remember the last time they added content? That was last november, with the Fractured patch!

Oh wait

Actually that is when they removed content. Fractals 50-80 #neverforget

new legendaries

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Obviously what happened is they’re behind, and there’s no word about it because they are embarrassed about not making it on time and don’t want to release another date they may not make.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

new legendaries

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

lol @ fanboys

Anet says one thing, does another and they have people defend them on forums for it. Luckily most people are smarter and don’t appreciate the deception.

Look at politics, some people were all exited thinking something was going to change for the better and even when it doesn’t they blindly follow and justify it all by blaming the people calling out why no change for the better happened.

new legendaries

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

They gave us Scarlet.. >.> wasn’t that enough?

new legendaries

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Hey guys remember the last time they added content? That was last november, with the Fractured patch!

Oh wait

Actually that is when they removed content. Fractals 50-80 #neverforget

Attachments:

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

new legendaries

Posted by: BuD.7851

BuD.7851

Lol to precursor crafting. You think crafting ascended armor is grindy/timely? Wait till precursor crafting, its gonna be in an all new league of crafting.

Weaponsmith 800

new legendaries

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

In a way we are as a collective. We pay their bills and write their checks every week by supporting their game.

unless you’re buying gems with real money, not really…..

new legendaries

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I just realized I’m the boss of Sony, Apple, Chevrolet, Braun and Black&Decker just to mention a few. I think I’m going to retire.

Edit: On topic, I’m more looking towards the “scavenger hunt” or whatever it will be dubbed, but a new set of legendaries (even if I don’t have one) will also be nice.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

(edited by Rouven.7409)

new legendaries

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I’m laughing at the idea people think anet’s going to be putting out dates like it’s written in stone. Like someone else said, kitten happens, and priorities shift. Those priorities are not, and never will be, determined by the vocal minority spewing the aforementioned kitten all over the place.

new legendaries

Valento.9852

They will do scavenger hunt, haters gonna hate real hard.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

new legendaries

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

…and that’s why developpers should never put a date on anything. People will treat it like the return of Jesus.

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

new legendaries

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

This is a good example of how bad ANET is at managing their customer’s expectations. They do a lot of things great, but generally if you tell your customers you’re going to do something and don’t do it, you HAVE to apologize and tell them why, and what you’re going to do in the future to get it done. Not just to cater to your customers, mind you, but to give the impression that you’re working on it and you care, even if you’re buried up to your eyeballs in work and couldn’t give two kittens….. because then your customers will be more understanding and will be nicer to you. We’re all interconnected between players and devs, and we all want to be happy… more or less. You’ll get the infrequent wacko causing problems, but you just try not to take them personally and keep fighting the good fight. Or something. I swear, ANET should hire me for customer service, because they’re clueless.

new legendaries

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

…and that’s why developpers should never put a date on anything. People will treat it like the return of Jesus.

Well except for the fact that Jesus said that no one, not even him knew when he was coming back…

Anet on the other hand very specifically said that these things were planned to be implemented in 2013. Yet here we are, 5 months later and not a peep…

Jesus: 1, Anet: 0.

new legendaries

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Hi, we all paid to beta test for the chinese market. How do you feel?

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

new legendaries

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well except for the fact that Jesus said that no one, not even him knew when he was coming back…

Anet on the other hand very specifically said that these things were planned to be implemented in 2013. Yet here we are, 5 months later and not a peep…

Jesus: 1, Anet: 0.

The keyword is ‘planned’ and then they further stated that (like all plans) things could change.

You know what they say about ‘even the best laid plans’…..

There is a distinct difference between ‘planning’ on something happening, and ‘promising’ that something will happen.

new legendaries

Romo.3709

The keyword is ‘planned’ and then they further stated that (like all plans) things could change.

There is a distinct difference between ‘planning’ on something happening, and ‘promising’ that something will happen.

That’s what all the politicians say. I promised, I planned, things changed. And it is so working for their popularity. In other words, you should not promise something you cannot deliver.

new legendaries

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

lol @ fanboys

Yeah I am going to have to agree on this one lol.

new legendaries

LanfearShadowflame.3189

That’s what all the politicians say. I promised, I planned, things changed. And it is so working for their popularity. In other words, you should not promise something you cannot deliver.

They didn’t promise though. They said we are working on ‘x’. We plan on having it done by the end of ‘y.’ However, as with all things related to development, this could change based on ‘a’ ‘b’ and ‘c’. That’s how it works. kitten happens.

It’s like you telling your kid you plan on doing ‘x’ with them, but instead something comes up and now you no longer have time to do ‘x’ with them. You planned on ‘x’, something else made it not possible to do in the time you had allotted for it. You neither lied, nor did you promise anything.

Nothing political about it. That’s just how life happens.

new legendaries

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

It’s like you telling your kid you plan on doing ‘x’ with them, but instead something comes up and now you no longer have time to do ‘x’ with them.

It’s not “like” the example you gave, it IS the same thing. People are complaining that mommy and daddy didnt do what they “promised to do” because something came up, and cant understand nothing was promised in the first place.

new legendaries

LanfearShadowflame.3189

It’s like you telling your kid you plan on doing ‘x’ with them, but instead something comes up and now you no longer have time to do ‘x’ with them.

It’s not “like” the example you gave, it IS the same thing. People are complaining that mommy and daddy didnt do what they “promised to do” because something came up, and cant understand nothing was promised in the first place.

I guess I should have said “For example” instead. But yeah, I know it’s the same thing. I go through this with my son all the time.