Nevermore

Nevermore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

There is a quest that require me to kill Prime Vinetooth. It apparently requires people to be good. And getting a pretty good group of people to do a quest is not really my thing.

I would literally rather solo Lupi with a thief so I cant 1 shot lupi, no gear no elite skill, and just 1 dagger, rather than rely on others to do a boss with me -.-

Despite the idea of me having to rely on others performance to complete a task, I dont like the idea that the event requires others to be on the map, the longer time goes, the fewer people will actually be doing these meta events.

Nevermore

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Not really. The events are quite rewarding, and the amount of materials required for gen 2 legendaries is high enough so it is unlikely these maps will die. Heck, there are still plenty of people doing temples and champ trains in Orr.

I’d rather complain about legendary collections requiring specific events to fail. Now this can be a real annoyance.

Nevermore

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Killed Vinetooth Prime a lot of time with pugs on the map. Usually if 20-30 players are around it works even if the players don’t know what to do (breaking the breakbar as fast as possible). I even saw kills where we didn’t break the breakbar once. Look for an active map, advertise in map chat, ask an officer etc.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Nevermore

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I’ve never had an issue with any HoT events, either.

• Use the LFG tool
  • Best time to find good event squads: weekends

Nevermore

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

Vine Tooth is a toughie. Best thing to do is find a populated map early on after meta reset and tag up for east pylons and put it in lfg that you going for Vine Tooth and let map chat know. Sometimes you get people that know what they’re doing and sometimes not but never had a problem getting 10-25 people for the event at the end when I did as such. Took me near 10 attempts to kill him when I was on that collection a few months ago so I completely understand the frustration. Jut gotta keep plugging away, you’ll get there. Good luck.

Nevermore

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, one of the biggest ways to help get that kill is to actually explain how to CC the boss to break the bar. Give examples, and make it clear you will patiently and non-trolling answer questions like “as a warrior, what skills do I have that count as CC”.

I have seen plenty of fail groups try and kill it, and mess up, but I have never seen one where someone stepped up and provided leadership and direction like that fail.

Nevermore

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I’ve never had an issue with any HoT events, either.

• Use the LFG tool
  • Best time to find good event squads: weekends

Yeah but the OP has a point, the more content that comes out the odds are better that the less people will be out there to do these things. Liked the HoT zones but that doesn’t mean that the scaleability may need to be addressed as the population shifts. Same concern was raised with the HPs as people predicted population shifts over time.

Above points on LFG and timing is spot on though.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Nevermore

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

People were complaining when there were tons of people doing it. The event would scale, but lots of people didn’t know what their CCs were.

Nevermore

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

People were complaining when there were tons of people doing it. The event would scale, but lots of people didn’t know what their CCs were.

or just too many people with slavish devotion to their rotation