Nevermore Shaman Problem

Nevermore Shaman Problem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

So I was minding my own business, doing map completion and events. I come to a Svanir “kill the shaman” event. Pretty typical. I kill it. Seems like any other Svanir event. But then I realize, after event completion, that my whisper bar has exploded with abuse—people screaming and swearing at me, reporting me, and spamming me. I sit there for a minute, trying to make sense of what in the world is happening—has a band of internet trolls decided to come after me?
In the midst of the abuse, one person politely explained to me that the Shaman needs to survive for people to get the legendary weapon Nevermore. Oops.
And here we have the issue. I wasn’t bothering anyone. I wasn’t trying to ruin somebody’s game. I just had no idea. And for my mistake, I get reported by multiple people, screamed at, and harassed. This is a problem. It should not be possible for event-goers and map explorers to inadvertently ruin someone’s legendary quest. And legendary-seekers should not be able to get away with mass-reporting and bullying the person who makes this mistake.

Nevermore Shaman Problem

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

It’s not your fault, you are playing the game as intended. This is bad design on Arenanet’s part and will hopefully be fixed soon.

Those who reported you… Ignore and move on.

Nevermore Shaman Problem

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

One would think that ArenaNet would have learned their lesson when they fixed this very issue with the temples and trait obtaining before they changed the system to the current specialization system.

And yet Bolt, Nevermore, and other legendary collections require events to fail.

What.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Nevermore Shaman Problem

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

The idea of the game and ones instinct is to beat the enemy and complete the event successfully. I’m sorry you had this experience because of AN’s poor design.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’

Nevermore Shaman Problem

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

These collections are a huge QA failure. The nevermore IV collection has 2 bugs that block progress, 1 of which requires an event that hasn’t shown up for 5 months and was apparently REMOVED with the NPE. Then we’ve got that shaman event which needs multiple steps to fail to spawn the event you need, which by the way, can also get bugged up (it happened to me yesterday so I had to put up with this crap TWICE).

I really hope they have some fixes in the next patch.

(edited by Bri.8354)

Nevermore Shaman Problem

Posted by: Biermeister.4678

Biermeister.4678

Anet Fix the Nevermore IV make the spirits Friend of the Owl Karma Purchase I have been trying for Three Months for Drake and Owl and the stupid system is holding up progress

Nevermore Shaman Problem

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

They already fixed this. It’s an old issue. Not sure what issue you are running into but it’s not this.