Nevermore

Nevermore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Who thinks Nevermore is literally the best weapon skin in the game thus far?

Personally believe this is the best skin in GW2. The small details are perfection; the little blue ravens flying up the staff, the black feathered arms effect, the black ravens coming down to swarm mobs when sending projectiles…
Even the name itself is derived from a renowned poem.
I live for Fashion Wars.

I want to make legendary longbow II or greatsword II next, and I hope those skins are as epic as Nevermore.

Attachments:

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

(edited by Samnang.1879)

Nevermore

Posted by: ryandeniszorro.6735

ryandeniszorro.6735

I love it. Problem i have is, i play mostly thief, war and reve. Theme of staff is kinda , not really for them, is it?

Nevermore

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s def a nice staff, but it just doesn’t go with anything I’m wearing don’t y’know ;D

Nevermore

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s def a nice staff, but it just doesn’t go with anything I’m wearing don’t y’know ;D

Nevermore is the sort of weapon that almost requires you to change whatever you have to fit it, not the other way around

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Nevermore

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Its the best staff skin in the game. Not nearly the best weapon skin in the game.

Opinions – fun to toss out as facts.

SBI

Nevermore

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Nevermore is the sort of weapon that almost requires you to change whatever you have to fit it, not the other way around

I like the way you think.

P.S. I think Nevermore is awesome!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Nevermore

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I don’t think I’ve seen one yet in the game but since I’m currently playing on a laptop with reduced graphics maybe I have. I nearly picked the recipe up for it yesterday and now maybe I will.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Nevermore

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

One of my guildies crafted Nevermore and showed it off at the last guild mission. I’m sort of sad I didn’t start working on it sooner but I was in the middle of two other legendaries, one of which I’ve now made.

Nevermore is simply gorgeous.

Nevermore

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I like the style, but this raises an old issue for a feature that I truly wish we had. The ability to dye weapons and tint weapon effects with dye colors.

Would it be hard to do? Of course. Would it take time to make that feature? Absolutely. Would it be worth it? Hell yes.

Nevermore

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

The style would be great if i was a Norn or Human ranger/druid, but i am Sylvari so i prefer my Dreamthistle over that, and gonna place the skin over it when i do get it
but at lest i got my kudzu still.

Nevermore

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Nevermore: The Deforester, Ravager of Nature.

Nevermore

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

But.. but.. I can’t just radically change the characters I invested so much time in!

..so I made a new character just for the staff.

I considered doing a blue-leafed Sylvari (I already have red, green and yellow/brown), but in the end I decided to make a Norn Druid due to their closeness to the raven spirit.

The character was created on HoT release, I got my Nevermore last weekend. And I like it.

Nevermore

Posted by: Tazirai.2859

Tazirai.2859

I need an Owl themed version of Nevermore.

Nevermore

Posted by: Nexterror.7180

Nexterror.7180

Daredevil with nevermore is awesome. Just like necro with bifrost. And thief with flying horses. And that disco ball omg. Or that lovely pistol skin. Everyone happy.
Can we have some twilight level legendaries now please?

Nevermore

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Best Legendary in the game is still Kamohoali’i Kotaki imo.
Wish my Thief could use it on land.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Nevermore

Nexterror.7180

Meteorlogicus ftw. They should give thief scepter just for that.

Nevermore

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Now we know why Mordy is angry…. Too much chop chop!

Nevermore

Posted by: BIRDPUNCHER.8263

BIRDPUNCHER.8263

yiss

Attachments:

~bird princess~

Nevermore

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

it is a really nice skin. I saw someone using one in game for the first time last night and I was really impressed by it.

Nevermore

Posted by: Tibicia.8315

Tibicia.8315

After Wintersday is done (which is keeping me busy), I will be working hard-core to get this for my necromancer, “Eboni Crow.” She MUST have this staff!!!

Nevermore

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m impressed by the details on it, but it’s still not really to my taste. I thus continue the wait for a Legendary I actually like enough to make. To each their own though!

Nevermore

Posted by: Tachi.7361

Tachi.7361

I love it. Problem i have is, i play mostly thief, war and reve. Theme of staff is kinda , not really for them, is it?

Well…I mean, Raven’s the Norn spirit of cunning, trickery and the dead. So, it kinda sorta maybe potentially fits a daredevil or revenant?

Nevermore

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Well…I mean, Raven’s the Norn spirit of cunning, trickery and the dead. So, it kinda sorta maybe potentially fits a daredevil or revenant?

It kind of looks silly when it’s spun around.

Nevermore

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

does anyone know if nevermore removes the default sound effects on elementalist attunement swapping, like the Lightning sound? Id love to see some ingame combat footage of ele nevermore play, but dont look there is any on youtube

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Nevermore

Posted by: abaker.7694

abaker.7694

Just finished getting full ascended trinkets and armor so now i am SLOWLY working towards Nevermore.

The only thing i find that takes a long time is getting the spirit planks. If i had the gold id just buy all the ones i needed lol.

Nevermore

Posted by: abaker.7694

abaker.7694

Just finished getting full ascended trinkets and armor so now i am SLOWLY working towards Nevermore.

The only thing i find that takes a long time is getting the spirit planks. If i had the gold id just buy all the ones i needed lol.

Nevermore

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

very nice staff indeed , but im working on astralaria, this weapon is amazing <3

Nevermore

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

This staff is so cool! Probably the best staff skin I’ve ever seen. And I’m so glad I made it . I also hope the new sword will be awesome like this.

(I also noticed that the arm effect is sometimes bugged.)

Attachments:

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

Nevermore

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

A nice staff indeed. Very detailed.

It is, however, a staff that doesn’t go with every armor and dye combination. Over the past couple weeks I’ve seen a max sized norn with pink armor moustache, a thief with underboob and neon red mcflower hair and a charr with mad king’s outfit, all of them carrying the staff.

Please, have some sense of fashion. Mix and match your armor set and you will look fabulous.

Nevermore

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Nevermore: thing you say upon completing fractal 94.

Nevermore

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Daredevil with nevermore is awesome. Just like necro with bifrost. And thief with flying horses. And that disco ball omg. Or that lovely pistol skin. Everyone happy.

Twilight was my favourite weapon skin pre-HoT, but it is nothing compared to Nevermore, sorry. Twilight looks really flat and boring to me.

Nevermore is 3-dimensional and exquisite. To everyone who is making one, it is so worth the effort/wait. Good luck on crafting this true legendary.

Attachments:

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Nevermore

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

I would love to get that staff. I won’t, however, invest the time in the steps to get it. I hate jps and I rarely, if ever, do fractals. Nor do I want to spend hours hoping a series of events happen correctly.

But kudos for getting it. Looks good.

Nevermore

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

It is the best legendary in Guild Wars 2 for me

Thanks for creating Nevermore!!!

Attachments:

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

Nevermore

Nexterror.7180

Twilight was my favourite weapon skin pre-HoT, but it is nothing compared to Nevermore, sorry. Twilight looks really flat and boring to me.

Nevermore is 3-dimensional and exquisite. To everyone who is making one, it is so worth the effort/wait. Good luck on crafting this true legendary.

Truth is it’s not a bad skin. Maybe not great for me but that is just my taste. It is certainly better than the bifrost rainbow joke and most other legendaries. The problem i have with it is that it doesn’t seem to fit any class except druid.
As for twilight, judging by its popularity, i believe that if it came out now most people going after a legendary wouldn’t bother with anything else.