New Account Restriction

New Account Restriction

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Invictus.1476

Invictus.1476

Hey all, I just started playing a few days ago, yesterday it said my restriction would end in 1 day. I got an item from a black lion chest worth 800g and I have been waiting… impatiently… to sell it. It still says 1 day, even after getting a new daily login reward. Is it time specific, and not day specific?

Also, why is there even a restriction when I PURCHASED the game? I think that’s a bit ridiculous.

New Account Restriction

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Put in a support ticket

New Account Restriction

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some restrictions, regardless of the message, are 5 days, or up to 30 days on new accounts. Also, the time restriction messages are calculated on either ‘days since creation’ or ‘hours played’ (since purchase).

You can contact the CS Team, but the time restriction may run out before the Team can address your issue.

Good luck.

New Account Restriction

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

The reason for the restriction is to prevent gold sellers from impacting the in-game economy by using accounts bought with stolen cards – those accounts tend to only last a short while before being banned when the payment is reversed by the bank.

New Account Restriction

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Just look at it as more time to scrape together the 40g it will cost you to list the item on the trading post

In due time, all will serve the asura.

New Account Restriction

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The timer is based on when you activated the account. If you did it at 1am in the morning then you have to wait until 1am in the morning.