New Account Transfer

New Account Transfer

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Islan.8692

Islan.8692

I Just purchased the Game and I have buddies on two different servers that are merging into one server. My situation is I want to start playing now and don’t know which server they moving too. So my question is If I choose any server and when I find out the server they joining, can I transfer?

New Account Transfer

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not for free, unless you delete all your characters. Otherwise you have to pay to transfer.

So your options are:

1. Wait until you know
2. Create a character to try out the game but delete it and start over when you find out.
3. Create a character, level it and pay for a transfer (though I have no idea why you’d want to do this).

New Account Transfer

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Man, isn’t the server system so much cooler than the district system?

New Account Transfer

Posted by: Astraea.6075

Astraea.6075

As Vayne mentioned, transferring servers isn’t free unless you’re willing to delete all your characters. This might be your best option if you want to play immediately and you are okay with treating the time as a test run for when you start playing with your friends.

I think that even if you delete all your characters, you still get to keep anything you’ve got stored in your bank (which is account-wide), so the time doesn’t have to be a complete loss. Hopefully someone else can confirm this.