New Achievements for Old Events

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

With this last update……New Achievements for Old Events.

I don’t understand how this works.

I did manage to get Fiona’s stockpile. But I don’t seem to have access to the other achievements, such as Flinnz’s Retirement and others. Is there something I need to do?

Posted by: Kyvrn.4209

Kyvrn.4209

With this last update……New Achievements for Old Events.

I don’t understand how this works.

I did manage to get Fiona’s stockpile. But I don’t seem to have access to the other achievements, such as Flinnz’s Retirement and others. Is there something I need to do?

There are good guides on Dulfy.

For the New Achieves for old events you have to go to each of the locations and do the events 3 times each. Each time you do the event you have to collect 1 ley energy and that’s it, finish the event and win and you progress the achieve. Doing once will unlock the hidden achieve. Go on Dulfy though, you can see the list and the locations of where they are.

Kyvrn | Dom Chrono | Leader of Twinrovas [ROVA]

Tom.6478

I did read Dulfy, but it was unclear as to how to access the achievement.

So are you saying you have to first do the event before you can start the achievement of doing it 3 times?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes. The achievements are hidden until you’ve done the first part of one of them.

Posted by: Kyvrn.4209

Kyvrn.4209

I did read Dulfy, but it was unclear as to how to access the achievement.

So are you saying you have to first do the event before you can start the achievement of doing it 3 times?

Yup you just go to the locations and collect on ley-energy. Once you succeed at the event it will unlock the achievement and should appear in your list saying 1/3 done. Do it 2 more times making sure each time to collect one ley-energy each time and you will finish. for a total of 18 times. 6 times per zone. Takes a good amount of time. I found blazeridge to be the hardest, with snowden drifts second, and Mount Malestrom the 3rd hardest. Also smaller groups of 5-10 are a lot easier to succeed, as the scaling will be much better. Higher numbers means higher scaling and that means more health on mobs and a greater number of them. This means a lot of people will not kill and will be more of a hindrance that a help to success

Kyvrn | Dom Chrono | Leader of Twinrovas [ROVA]

Tom.6478

Thanks all….that’s what I needed to know.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’ve not been in game today. Loading the launcher gives no new update, however. Are there actually further achieves associated with the ley events now, or is this someone trying to catch up on the Current Events achieves that have been there all along?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve not been in game today. Loading the launcher gives no new update, however. Are there actually further achieves associated with the ley events now, or is this someone trying to catch up on the Current Events achieves that have been there all along?

They were added with Tuesday’s patch (June 28th).

Donari.5237

Thanks! They’ve given me something to do in tandem with map completions.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’ve been checking the Current Events section of the wiki a few days after each update to see if there’s any new achievements or events (since the achievements don’t show up in-game until you’ve started them).

I found out about these new ones the other day. They’re not the most exciting, since it’s the same ley energy collection events many of us will have done before, but if you’re starting later you can do them in tandem with the older achievements, which is good.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Donari.5237

I do like the redesign to where you only need to turn in one ley energy and then make the event succeed. That’s gotten rid of a lot of the friction.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Yes. The achievements are hidden until you’ve done the first part of one of them.

On this subject, I personally wish they wouldn’t hide events. They have the concept of locked collections until you get some item that unlocks them. I wish they’d just show all available cheevos and lock the ones that requires something to unlock them. Anyway, just my 2 coppers :/