New Ascended Insignia recipe feedback

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Agent Bon.6248

Agent Bon.6248

The patch notes were very confusing about the changes to Insignia, “masterwork, rare, and exotic inscriptions.” It meant Insignia, but that’s besides the point. It didn’t mention Ascended at all, which was strange, but Ascended did change.

Before, it used 3 Bolts of Damask and no Elonian Leather. Now, it needs 3 Bolts of Damask and 3 Elonian Leather. I cannot condone this.

- Leather was already increasing in price between the Legendary Mastery and the party comps seen in Raid success videos (lots of Engi, often with a Druid thrown in too).
- More tier 5 leather is required to refine it as of this patch. That was already going to increase Ascended leather costs too.
- This is contradictory to the build notes talking about reduction. “To account for the added leather cost, the amount of cloth required to make an insignia is reduced.” No such reduction occurred for Ascended.
- With multiple effective cost increases, this is hurtful to players who were already having trouble paying for Ascended gear.

How about you make the Insignia require 2 Damask Patches instead of 3? Then, it would only need 2 Bolts of Damask and 2 Elonian Leather Squares, which is much more reasonable. The cost would at least be closer to what it was before.

Please don’t leave it this expensive.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Seriously, it’s insane.
Not to mention entirely disingenuous.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Pretty ridiculous when mat costs are going to skyrocket anyway. Its at the stage where they should be looking to make ascended easier to make.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

Has there been a developer comment on this anywhere, yet? I mean, obviously there isn’t one in this thread, but this was simply the first relevant result when I googled “GW2 ascended insignia”

It’s kind of lame when the patch notes didn’t even mention ascended crafting, but then the live game reveals that the cost of making ascended armor has skyrocketed due to undocumented changes.

Posted by: Cyvil.1605

Cyvil.1605

I thought the patch notes said that the change was supposed to lower cloth use by replacing some cloth with leather, did this not happen?

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-10-23 -“To sync armor crafting with weapon crafting, and to help maintain the value of leather, masterwork, rare, and exotic inscriptions will now be crafted with patches made from leather and cloth.
To account for the added leather cost, the amount of cloth required to make an insignia is reduced.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I thought the patch notes said that the change was supposed to lower cloth use by replacing some cloth with leather, did this not happen?

wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2015-10-23 -“To sync armor crafting with weapon crafting, and to help maintain the value of leather, masterwork, rare, and exotic inscriptions will now be crafted with patches made from leather and cloth.
To account for the added leather cost, the amount of cloth required to make an insignia is reduced.”

That quote is 100% true. For the “Masterwork, rare and exotic” inscriptions. For Ascended however it isn’t – here they have just plain upped the cost. With no reasoning given whatsoever.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Endlos.4852

Endlos.4852

That quote is 100% true. For the “Masterwork, rare and exotic” inscriptions. For Ascended however it isn’t – here they have just plain upped the cost. With no reasoning given whatsoever.

Yep, to echo/expand:

Formerly, an Ascended Insignia was made with 3 Bolts of Damask.
Now, an Ascended Insignia is made with 3 Damask Patches.
1 Damask Patch = 1 Elonian Leather Square + 1 Bolt of Damask.

Basically, they added in an exorbitant leather requirement and didn’t reduce the (already way too high) cloth requirement at all.

The Damask Patch should be a combination of Damask and Elonian totaling no more than 4 individual pieces: 2×2, 2×1, 1×2, or 1×1.

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Technically they did reduce the cloth requirement for an ascended insignia. They just didn’t reduce the requirement for damask cloth. But, they never said they would, now did they? We just assumed that was what they meant.

An ascended insignia requires an intricate gossamer insignia in addition to the damask, leather, and other mats. The intricate gossamer insignia now requires only four bolts of gossamer instead of five, so the cloth requirement was reduced by one whole bolt of gossamer! Yay!

Of course, the intricate insignia now also requires 10 hardened leather and five more spools of gossamer thread than it did before.

Net change: remove one bolt of gossamer, add three elonian leather (requiring 33% more thick leather sections than before), 10 hardened leather, and five spools of thread.

(edited by BrettM.9062)

Posted by: Trule.3549

Trule.3549

I am also disappointed with this change. I didn’t see anything in the patch notes about it either, although its too late by then.

I had saved up all the mats for my armor and was waiting for HOT to release before I committed to making it so I didn’t waste gold if I had to respec.

Silk has now lowered in price, so I payed a higher price for more silk, and now I have to fork out anohter 120g to get the rest of the leather. And leather prices are ridiculous at the moment, if the prices were lower, it wouldn’t be so bad.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Welcome to John Smith Wars 2

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I also wish to express my frustration about this change.
1) Even without this change in the price of gold and the deliverables workload would surely more than adequate.
2) It is simply unfair to new players.
3) It is unfair to players who are working on their armor for a long time. My girlfriend has now been working for nearly a year on her first piece of armor. What is one to say, if, after so much work suddenly the recipe is more complicated? This su**s.. I had to help here, or she would never finish… And what about the rest of the armor? This is really no longer enjoyable for the average player.
I have a feeling that it’s all about gold, gems and real money in GW2. For me you have betrayed your moral core values. GW1 was great, GW2 from my pov is in so mayn parts only a money-making machine.
3) The entire ecosystem with this mass of materials is just exhausting. Quality rather than quantity! Where is the reference to reality? Sometimes, less is more…

it was written…