New Blog Post Up for 2nd Half! Discussion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Time gated gear? really? kitten you Anet!
Bout time wild star comes out…

And be stuck with a real gear treadmil?

TBH i prefer gear treadmills to time gated content. And I don’t understand the hate on gear treadmills. They’re a nice past-time and you can set new goals.
Also the new ascended items will be treadmill AND time gated.
Time gated content is the worst content. ever.

So you prefer having a real treadmil where you have to replace your gear in other to complete content THAN time gated gear for gear that isn’t mandatory?

If you like endless gear progression combine with PvP gear (pvp stats), PvE gear and grinding faction point is fun. Mandatory gear in other to progress is fun, then I hope you enjoy the game.

Then wildstar is the game for you.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I found some things to be a bit vague, though. Will the new traits and skills just be unlocked with the current skill point system? Are they simply adding more skill challenges, or are they adding a new, different system to unlock future skills? It was a bit more confusing because they coupled traits with skills here. Won’t new traits be unlocked simply by speccing, or will they get affected by a new system too?

Also, we get confirmation that precursors will be made through crafting, and that’s excellent news, but not enough. It’s better having precursors being farmed and grinded than depending on RNG, but what about the epic precursor hunt promised? Is that one still coming? There are people who want to get legendary gear by doing legendary tasks, like challenging content, epic bosses or exploring the world – not simply just by gathering and crafting materials.

No idea about the traits, maybe just unlock additional tiers as you gain levels over 80 or maybe just unlocked as they are added to the game.

As for skills, just more skill points. Note the part about champion boxes, those can drop skill points. If the new skills aren’t bought with skill points then that is going to be very stupid.

As for the precursor hunt … that pretty much never had a chance. That much became obvious once guild treks were introduced. However you can check the section about account bound materials that can be obtained by doing specific things also time gated material crafting.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

I’m distinctly interested in the possibility of new skills & traits. Even more so if they follow up on an idea that was scrapped before release: specific skill challenges, like those currently used to get generic skill points, that will unlock a particular trait / utility for a particular class.

I understand why they didn’t do it originally: the idea of a thief being forced to complete a specific challenge in a 60 zone, or even a challenge in a level 20 zone nowhere near their racial starting point, just to learn smokescreen or something was problematic. But now they’ve proven that the base skill system can provide a solid foundation, so adding in specifikittentle extras as late-game progression seems more feasible.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: DragonXRose.8534

DragonXRose.8534

i don’t know about this. Overall it looks very nice but i got a few problems.
1. MF is gonna be removed: I just got a armor with MF and spent 50 laurels on a ascended lotus for farming. This to the ends of getting a legendary.
What will happen to these items? will they be refunded or compensated in a way? or are the just rendered completely useless?

2. Despite all these advancements with the content and these tests in china and all, i still got a problem. (Yes i know many will not care about this, or just disagree; but it needs to be said) So many things are added, yet so many things need fixing. AND WHAT ABOUT THE MAC-CLIENT? i play on mac, it’s still in beta. now i’m not saying things so be rushed or half fixed BUT a little UPDATE on these things and how they are progressing on this side, is very much appreciated. I like to know where i stand, information can lead to so much more understanding. Our frustration (mac-users) comes not so much from bugs & so, but from getting virtually NO FEEDBACK on our complaints, suggestions and so on. What are your plans for the mac-client? No information has been released on this since the launch (and certainly no updates on the client). Is this still somewhat remotely an interest of Arenanet (I’m not even gonna go there and say priority).

GANDARA -The Searing- [TS]
Cypressa Belladonna / Yhana Belladonna / Siri Vargsdottir / Kata Sharpe
Siri Meccano / Ysana Deathpale / Siri Bladedancer / Siri Strongheart

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Champion Rewards

Champions in the game will be updated so each will always drop a guaranteed reward box for any player that qualifies for a reward from the boss. This chest will contain things like crafting materials, skill points, unique skins, lodestones, and more. This change will make champions more rewarding, and will make playing in Orr and Southsun Cove (where events can scale up to add champions) more exciting and fruitful for guilds and players joining together in the open world.

Yeah, that’s just not going to happen. People are still going to take the path of least resistance (Queensdale) for champions unless there’s more to this than has been said.

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Maybe it just means different tiers of crafting materials will be rewarded.
A lower champ (like oak) in Queensdale could drop a Tier 1 or 2 rare, but the bigger guys in Orr could drop T5 or T6 rare more often?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Champion Rewards

Champions in the game will be updated so each will always drop a guaranteed reward box for any player that qualifies for a reward from the boss. This chest will contain things like crafting materials, skill points, unique skins, lodestones, and more. This change will make champions more rewarding, and will make playing in Orr and Southsun Cove (where events can scale up to add champions) more exciting and fruitful for guilds and players joining together in the open world.

Yeah, that’s just not going to happen. People are still going to take the path of least resistance (Queensdale) for champions unless there’s more to this than has been said.

How I understand it is that in Queensdale you may get a champ here or there, but in Southsun or Orr, you will see significantly more champs. That means you can kill them faster. Effort may be a bit higher, but reward will come in faster.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

i don’t know about this. Overall it looks very nice but i got a few problems.
1. MF is gonna be removed: I just got a armor with MF and spent 50 laurels on a ascended lotus for farming. This to the ends of getting a legendary.
What will happen to these items? will they be refunded or compensated in a way? or are the just rendered completely useless?

If you read the blog, you get compensated.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Vol.5241

Champion Rewards

How I understand it is that in Queensdale you may get a champ here or there, but in Southsun or Orr, you will see significantly more champs. That means you can kill them faster. Effort may be a bit higher, but reward will come in faster.

Queensdale may end up having the best kill/h

Cursed Shore, for example, off the top of my head has these champs:
-Wizard (east)
-Wizard #2 (shelter)
-Ooze (Meddler)
-Pirate (south)

But I think the Orr champs have a better drop value considering they will drop T6 and Queensdale will drop T1.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Don’t you still have the chance to get non-level 80 drops in lower zones, as in you might get a rare from a champ but not 100% chance it’ll be level-80?

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Champion Rewards

-Wizard (east)
-Wizard #2 (shelter)
-Ooze (Meddler)
-Pirate (south)

But I think the Orr champs have a better drop value considering they will drop T6 and Queensdale will drop T1.

The post said that events will scale up with more people to have champs in Orr and Southsun. Personally, I read that as either all or most events will have at least 1 champ in them if enough people are there. If enough people are there, then they will die fast too.

Posted by: RoosterTooth.1024

RoosterTooth.1024

Our goal will be to have as little disruption as possible to those who currently own items with a magic find stat on them.

Not sure how they will implement this, but I’m ok with any solution not to have to lug around a second set of MF gear.

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

Champion Rewards

-Wizard (east)
-Wizard #2 (shelter)
-Ooze (Meddler)
-Pirate (south)

It depends on how much ppl are in Orr. Because you can “create” champs in orr and southsun due to the event scaling. The more ppl there are, the more champions.

You can have 3-4 champions in 1 event of 5 minutes, it just depends on how many players are there.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I’m super excited myself! These upcoming changes are sounding very promising and I’m glad I’ve stuck around for so long to see all of this happen. Stuck with GW2 as it has huge potential and if they pull these changes off + some more good stuff in the future then I am a very happy young man.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Vol.5241

Ohh yeah, totally forgot about the champs from shelt/pen

Just shows I haven’t been there since they nerfed everything.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Champion Rewards

If they change the pent/shelt timers back to where they use to be, people will flock back to cursed shore. As it is now, people don’t do champs in queens because they are easier, they do them because pent/shet occurs less often than champ events in queensdale from my experience.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Haven’t read the thread yet, but I knew there would be one, so I came to say I’m very excited about pretty much everything mentioned in the blog post for PvE (which is all I’m currently playing).

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

darkace.8925

Queensdale has six champions that can all be killed very quickly in a non-stop fashion by a zerg. Orr’s champions, particularly spiders, can take significantly longer to kill. Obviously we don’t have all the details, but if this is more or less what we’re going to get I think people are just going to stomp easy-to-kill champions in the lower level zones. Hopefully I’m wrong, as I’d like to see Orr return as an end-game destination, but we’ll have to wait and see.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Champion Rewards

-Wizard (east)
-Wizard #2 (shelter)
-Ooze (Meddler)
-Pirate (south)

Lol, it can be more. Every high level area if there is a lot of people, will spawn 1 – 2 champ in their wave. For example: defend battery near Teq event spawn 2 krait champ. The problem with this change: some event like Claw of Jormag: people will kill the champ not the claw.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Can we all just take a deep breath? What we got was a very general overview with little to no specific information.

Coming onto the forums and raging over nothing makes you look like a tool.

Please stop being a tool. Thank you.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I really think their idea with champions is to have guilds and large groups of people do the events. This is what was exactly said for the karka queen prior.

The reality is, unless the reward really is worth the time then it is not going to happen. Queensdale champs will be the go to place while Orr/Southsun stay abandoned.

Their scheme to get guilds together to farm these events is not going to work I think. More like unorganized zergs maybe.

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Re: time-gated content, I really like this idea. This it the first step toward a crafting system that actually involves crafting things that you can use, instead of just being an XP-gaining system that costs gold. The idea is that if you can only make 1/day, that will artificially keep the rarity of an item high – thus not making it instantly useless and cheap on the trading post. In other words, instead of something immediately selling for 90%-102% of the cost of the mats, you might actually be able to sell it for a profit. (Well, until the system has been around long enough, and the “price” of “one day” gets determined to be about 5 silver or whatever.)

Or, they can keep all the best stuff account-bound, which is fine by me, too – it just drives up the cost of the mats. But I doubt they’ll force anyone to craft – I’m betting there will be other ways to get the gear – but it’d be nice to have crafting rewarded for those who enjoy it.

WoW did the same thing with its crafting, for what that’s worth.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

To be honest, I haven’t been excited about the future of the game by a blog post since November of last year, but I am with this one.

You really don’t have to read between the lines to see the focus on meaningful character progression of a horizontal kind. That alone is huge. I was so happy to see progression described through skill acquisition and progression and not meaningless stat inflation.

And, I remember last year when we had a lot of heated discussions on magic find on gear. I remember them stepping in at one point and noting that there was a problem. Now, we see them taking the best possible alternative of removing it from gear and putting it on the character sheet.

From my perspective, this may be a milestone more significant in their history than 11/15. I have no problem with companies making mistakes as long as the experience is put to good use. I’m quite pleased with the current game vision.

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

This blog post happening on 5k chest day has me worried that the chest might be a letdown and they wanted us to have something positive to think about afterwards.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I’m pretty excited.. the only thing that I’m disappointed in is:

NO TENGU.

boooo.. Also.. the Precursor acquisition sounds more like grindy crafting than scavenger/legendary adventure. kinda lame.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

NO TENGU.

boooo.. Also.. the Precursor acquisition sounds more like grindy crafting than scavenger/legendary adventure. kinda lame.

Agreed on the no tengu announcement, but i bet there will be a storyline about them sooner than later.

I do think however the crafting aspect will require a great deal of scavenging/hunting for the needed mats (and maybe even recipe) to create one.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

To be honest, I haven’t been excited about the future of the game by a blog post since November of last year, but I am with this one.

You really don’t have to read between the lines to see the focus on meaningful character progression of a horizontal kind. That alone is huge. I was so happy to see progression described through skill acquisition and progression and not meaningless stat inflation.

And, I remember last year when we had a lot of heated discussions on magic find on gear. I remember them stepping in at one point and noting that there was a problem. Now, we see them taking the best possible alternative of removing it from gear and putting it on the character sheet.

From my perspective, this may be a milestone more significant in their history than 11/15. I have no problem with companies making mistakes as long as the experience is put to good use. I’m quite pleased with the current game vision.

Raine, I very much agree.

As I have said before, everything and anything that makes the Ascended gear mistake that Anet made more meaningless is quite welcome by me.

However, (there’s always a “however” lol) … the real bottom line to whether they have decided to return to their roots as a skill-based horizontal progression game, as opposed to grind-based stat driven vertical progression game, will be when we finally see an expansion and the level cap is raised. This will be the real “moment of truth” so to speak. This is when we will truly find out if the slow down in introducing VP was merely a temporary damage control tactic (simply waiting out the HP folks through a process of attrition), or if they really mean it.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

darkace.8925

NO TENGU.

I was disappointed that tengu, player housing, and fishing weren’t mentioned.

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

I’m huge fan of increasing champion drops, but I just hope they don’t overdo it and end up having all the champion spawn points being camped by mobs of players XD

Anyway, this is looking very nice. HUGE +1 to anet for adding more skills and traits, hopefully this will make us gw1 players happier with a more familiar feel

Looks like they’re also removing he bonus gold to stop cof1 farming. I wonder if this counts as a warrior nerf? :p

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

My thoughts:

1 – Adding more rewards for Champion (and Legendary?) mob kills is good. Taking direct gold drop away to have it replaced with items to sell makes little sense.

2 – I didn’t see an explanation on how one qualifies for the new Champion kill chests. Daily? Damage done? What? Putting unique skins in said rewards promotes farming them, thus there will be gating.

3 – Changing Legendary weapon looks should be optional. Let examples like The Predator stand for how people can debate which version is better. As someone working on their fourth Legendary weapon, I’d like some say in which (if any) get changed.

4 – If they keep the same stats as Ascended, Legendary trinkets are useless. Or are they going to have effects too? I’ll assume the armor will have effects, how many sparkles can we cram on one character?

5 – Account bound crafting materials are a bad idea. We already have some and half the time I see “if I could give it to you, I would”.

6 – I am okay with no more Magic Find items, I found it useless anyway. Although I can see those that like it already scheming to get the new items to boost the account stat.

7 – I’m okay with the crafting to 500 and time gating the Ascended crafting. All Ascended gear so far seems geared at making one play more often, not necessarily longer. And the stat increase is minor enough, per piece, for me to not feel pushed to grind it out asap.

8 – SPvP needs more game modes, not more rewards. Other than finally adding Legendary skins, I see no reason to add more rewards. SPvP has no need for gold, etc so keep it separate.

9 – WvW needs more, not even, rewards compared to open world PvE. There needs to be more incentive to get people actually participating, so keep the boosted rewards to Towers, Keeps and the Castle – not Camps and random mobs.

10 – Why no mention of minis? Utilities like looting or things like Polymock are much needed. Some fluff needs use too.

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

What about:
- cuning in PvE,
- LFG in game,
- New pernament maps same as the ones from core game,
- contnet for the guilds,
- PvE locker for the new beckpacks, new armors etc.
- and much more.

(edited by Zlociutki.9165)

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

What about:
- cuning in PvE,
- LFG in game,
- and much more.

They are currently working an a LFG tool ingame, they said that this week in a video.
The some for the permanent maps, they will bring new permanent maps but they aren’t sure yet how they will do this, will it with living story or a traditional expansion?

They said, at the bottom of the page, and much more, so it’s possible that we will see content for the guilds and ofcourse much more

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

darkace.8925

4 – If they keep the same stats as Ascended, Legendary trinkets are useless. Or are they going to have effects too? I’ll assume the armor will have effects, how many sparkles can we cram on one character?

If we can freely select the prefix of Legendary trinkets I’d say they’re far from useless.

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

Everything from the new rewards, events and magic find content all sound great! I’m especially looking forward to new traits and in particular skills!!

I’m a little worried about how we’re going to acquire materials for ascended gear even if it will be craftable. You would probably still need to run quite a few fractals in order to amass enough mats for gear.

All in all it sounds like it’s moving in the right direction.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Overall encouraging changes IMO. Additional skills should be interesting, I imagine people are wondering if they’ll only be utility skills or new weapons (or swaps for existing weapon skills). I’m glad I’ve been hoarding my skills point lol.

I don’t know if even better champion rewards will get people to go to Southsun but Orr should get even busier. Improving blue and green salvaging can’t hurt and may make players stop pining for a ‘Sell Blue item’ button. I do hope they find a way to make sPvP more appealing by allowing WvW-style PvE rewards (XP, money etc). Ascended crafted gear makes me cringe at what I imagine it will take and the fact I do think about going for it.

I’m less certain about account bound crafting materials but I’m willing to hold judgment until we see how they are implemented. (Hey, maybe they could be offered through sPvP as well?)

ArenaNet also continues to show how they learn from their mistakes like getting rid of Magic Find from items (that never should have been a stat) and implementing the sorely needed LFG.

And they have finally figured out how badly there needs to be a tutorial in the game. It’s nearly a year overdue but at least the players in China will get the benefit of it. And maybe even people who picked up GW2 and tossed it aside in frustration from the lack of starting guidance will give it another try. Heck, I still have a spare character slot so I’ll probably roll up a new character just to see what it’s like.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

What about:
- cuning in PvE,

If you mean culling, it’s on the blog post that they’re still investigating ways to mitigate it on PvE, specifically they say “investigating ways to limit culling in PvE” in one of the last paragraphs of the post.

- LFG in game,

The blog post and the mmorpg article at least confirmed that it’s already working and being tested in-house and while there’s no specific timetable, it will be released before the end of the year. From the mmorpg article:
“the mythical LFG tool is coming before the year’s end. It’s in playtesting at the office now, and has a whole bunch of slick functionality to find groups for all kinds of content… without taking away the need to socialize. It won’t just toss you into a group and portal you into content. You’ll join a group, sure enough, but you’ll still have to meet up at Ascalonian Catacombs or whathaveyou. The goal is to expand socialization, and help you find people who want to do what you want to do, and then when you combine this will all the rewards you’ll be able to obtain you should never have a reason to run solo again… unless you want to, which is totally fine by Colin.”

Also from the mmorpg article: “Colin also hinted that there are plenty of areas on the Tyrian map that are currently inaccessible and they just might have people working on these lands behind the scenes for the long-term content additions of Guild Wars 2. Whether they’ll come in these bi-weekly content updates or as a part of a larger expansion, time will tell. But he was sure to say that yes, the rest of the map is coming.”

No mention about this yet

- PvE locker for the new beckpacks, new armors etc.

No mention about this, though last patch did have some new armor skins (two sets of 3 pieces for achievement, 3 variants of zephyrite helm skins) plus a new crafter armor set with old skins.

- and much more.

I’m sure they’ll add some “much more” soon™..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I was hoping there would be something about guild halls. Will just have to keep waiting.

At least there is a lot of other good stuff to look forward to.

I missed the subject ‘guild’ as a total but that does not mean it is not coming as well. They already confirmed working on guild-halls.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Devata, can you please share your source regarding guild halls? Appreciated!

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Could they update Predator to use its scope on Engineer? Please? Pretty please?

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Queensdale has six champions that can all be killed very quickly in a non-stop fashion by a zerg. Orr’s champions, particularly spiders, can take significantly longer to kill. Obviously we don’t have all the details, but if this is more or less what we’re going to get I think people are just going to stomp easy-to-kill champions in the lower level zones. Hopefully I’m wrong, as I’d like to see Orr return as an end-game destination, but we’ll have to wait and see.

With enough people, you can generate champions each event, and with enough people, I wonder if they’ll even be that hard. Count that with all the trash mobs that also spawn on the way, and you’ll get plenty of champion kills + plenty of t6 materials and other loot from weaker undead waves. But this is just in theory.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Suggestion what to do with “Explorer’s” Armor: Change Magic Find to Healing Power.

BAM! PowerPrecisionHealing armor that Guardians have been asking for so long!

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Interesting post… I have a few problems…

New Skill and Traits

I just hope that they’re introduced slowly enough so that we don’t run into GW1’s problem of too many skills to balance. I also hope that this may include new weapon types, or weapon availability (e.g., old weapons becoming usable to formerly-unusable professions, like Thieves getting an off-hand sword).

Champion Rewards

This sounds… dangerous. I hope it comes after all champions get a massive boost in difficulty, especially low level ones. There are champions which are farmed – most prevalent in Queensdale – to a high degree already, if they start dropping more rewards, some unique unto champions, you can bet your furry little charr’s buttocks that they’re going to be farmed a lot more.

Dungeon Complete Bonus Rewards

This sounds relatively…. poorly thought out. On one hand, you’re giving a bonus to completing dungeons not usually completed. On the other hand, you’re giving a bonus to people to do absolutely nothing different. If they run through one dungeon path five times a day, the only change to them is that the first run rewards more.

Rather than “more rewards for each path you do the first time that day you do it” it should be “extra reward for doing multiple paths” – the reward coming after completing more than xyz number of different paths, with or without being within a time limit. Otherwise all you’re doing is handing players more stuff for doing nothing out of the ordinary.

Crafting Taken to 500!

I like the higher tier, I like the combining lower tier stuff for higher tier stuff. I do not like the time restraint on it. It’s annoying enough for the Quartz crystal, but at least that’s unique unto itself. All this would do is annoy players who will only come to accept and agree with it over time, just for the relatively unreasonable need to make materials worth something more? In time they’ll drop anyways, all they’re doing is slowing that down, by forcing something annoying.

Not a fan.

Craftable Ascended Gear

On the fence for this, since them being hard to get kind of made them that much more important. I’m fine with reducing the kitten quality of the gear, but I hope that they don’t become too easy. I suppose this may be the real hidden purpose for the time-constrain on making new mats, but still not exactly happy over Ascended gear becoming craftable. To be expected for sure, but it will make all those Exotics that can be crafted via Mystic Forge… relatively useless in stats. I hope some get buffed to Ascended level (or can be made Ascended – that’d be great too!).

build precursor items

I’m… iffy on this as well. It makes making Legendaries just that much easier. I am looking forward to new Legendaries, but the time and effort it should take to make them shouldn’t exactly be lessened.

I hope that they make Legendaries account bound as well. Maybe Precursors too (or maybe not). Then that’d be a bit more interesting for Legendaries. The originals will become “meh” in the process though… well, more so than they are already.

we’re building a new comprehensive “level zero” optional tutorial that teaches the core basics of the game. We’re also adding new story steps at levels 5 and 10

I would have thought that Anet would want to improve the already existing personal story and the dungeon story modes (make them at least more demanding to be done at least!), if they’re expanding to new regions. Give a better first impression to the new people and all.

These tutorials… seem peculiar, to be tied to the personal story. Kind of… interested in it, and hoping that they hold no real story purpose.

And I’m curious how Anet will treat Chinese players in regards to the Living Story. Will they forever be incapable of seeing the things that have already passed, or will Anet make that now-gone temporary content returnable (perhaps as an instanced version DLC?).

Overall, interesting. I’m hoping that they really balance out the difficulty of content – make things that are too hard to contemporary content easier, and the too easy to contemporary content harder (e.g., balance out all three CoF paths to be of equal difficulty). Looking forward to how open world events and world bosses get improved. And hopefully champions won’t be exempt from them.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

(edited by Konig Des Todes.2086)

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Raids-and-housing-coming-to-GW2/first

But now reading it again they say it was a bad translation so I have to withdraw that statement. First they said the translation error was that it was about guild-halls and not about player-housing. Not it seems that they did not confirm anything about that.

Thats a shame and GW2 really needs housing and guild-houses because some big rivals that will release there game within a year have it and many people want it.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Raids-and-housing-coming-to-GW2/first

But now reading it again they say it was a bad translation so I have to withdraw that statement. First they said the translation error was that it was about guild-halls and not about player-housing. Not it seems that they did not confirm anything about that.

Thats a shame and GW2 really needs housing and guild-houses because some big rivals that will release there game within a year have it and many people want it.

There was a twitch interview talking about guild halls and housing being further down the road, but that they were working on them (guild halls) and making the home instance useful (i.e. the quartz node). I can almost remember them saying sometime next year about the halls… I could be wrong about that one though.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Just my opinion, but honestly everything sounded really good to me. And gave me hope that GW2 will not fall into the abyss that other MMOs go.

Magic Find – always hated it on gear. Used it as consumables. Glad to see them use it in another way. Its a very odd stat to have in an MMO imo.

Ascended gear/weapons – knew it was coming, was a little skeptical and still a little worried it will be very hard to craft. BUT it may be the last of all the gear progression we will see. At least that is the way they made it sound (Honestly hope legendary gear isn’t after this, but who knows, if it is at least I know thats the last of the last :P). Wonder if it means we can get Ascended backs through crafting or otherwise then. :P

Crafting – Timed stuff doesn’t really bother me. But it is a shame they are resorting to time gating things. But as this game works its not such a huge deal to me. New tier of crafting is nice though. Crafting feels quite dead to me otherwise with ascended lingering around.

Legendaries – The being able to swap stats on it is an amazing idea.

Traits/Skills – Rather see this then new levels to be honest. Just curious how the unlocking will go. If there will be multiple ways to unlock a skill/trait or am I pigeonholed into doing something I don’t want to do (ie. Dungeons/PvP) to get it. Overall, looking forward to seeing more on this.

Dungeons stuff/Champions upgrade/Reward system – Needed.

All the PvP stuff I’ll just leave to more avid PvPers though. xD

Overall, pleased with what I read. What comes out of it we will see.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

ok so you will be able to craft new legendarys and ascended stuff also precursors, the forums have been asking for a form of progression new gear to work towards, craftable precursors and new legendarys and now its been confirmed you’ll dont want it?

bloody crazy i will never understand the mmo player base fully.

there are people you should and there are people you should never ever listen to

Posted by: NerdyMike.2695

NerdyMike.2695

www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

I just read ALL of this and to be totally honest: I am conflicted!!

I love all of what they are wanting to do – the increase of crafting (effectively allowing you to craft ascended weapons and armor); the more rewards for dungeon-running and champion slaying; Living World events (some) becoming permanent and actually impacting; NEW SKILLS AND TRAITS to expand what is already available!

This here all sounds just terrific! BUT (and here is where I have the hardest time with this) – It really feels like to get the MAXIMUM for a character, to get the truly desired amount of what I want, I would need to dedicate my time and effort to just 1 main and possibly only 1 alternate (maybe… MAYBE 2). The problem with this here is – I want to be able to play ALL of the classes! I would love to be able to say one day “I wanna play my Necro” and the next “It’s time for the Engineer to make a show!”

With all of the wonderful, great things that Arena Net is saying that they will / want to be rolling out (and not take away any other time from other games, real life, etc), it just seems like I will have to make the choice of only one class to really say “this is who I will play”. That could be good… and not at the same time. Like I said – I’m conflicted!

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Explain to me how a minor 5% bonus to stats is preventing you from playing your alt? The only thing preventing you from playing the class is yourself not ArenaNet.

Nearly all gear in this game is account bound, you can run dungeons on your main just to gear your alt.

Compared to most games, this game is VERY alt friendly.

Posted by: NerdyMike.2695

NerdyMike.2695

I’m looking at the time-sink. Even now, I have the following scenarios:

1) Run WvW with my guild

- OR -

2) Run Fractals to earn Relics for Ascended Trinkets

- OR -

3) Try and finish up the current Living Story / Major Event at the time

- OR -

4) Work on trying to get a Legendary

Etc. etc. etc.

Each one requires time and energy to put in to to get done. Now you add on having to farm / purchase lower tier mats to make your Ascended Gear; you have to do certain achievements to unlock these new traits and skills (per character). To be frank – I really don’t have much gaming time. Maybe 3 hours on average per day. Maybe I’m just a slow gamer, but… that’s not a whole lot of time to accomplish ALL of this for 8 different characters.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

So your problem is the game is giving you too much to do? Horrors. lol