Edit: Ok, never mind…. :X

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

New CDI?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I haven’t been participating in this CDI stuff partly because I really don’t see much coming from it.

Please, take part in the CDI threads.

Even if you don’t think it will make any difference in GW2, there’s a chance that the devs of the other games coming out soon are watching GW2 and trying to learn from the mistakes being made here. A good argument for or against something may stick with them and improve other games down the line.

It’s far cheaper to learn from those that came before than it is to make the same mistakes yourself, after all. And who knows? If GW2 doesn’t adapt on its own, then pressure from those other games may force them to rethink and improve.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

New CDI?

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I am against vertical progression. -1 to this idea.

Horizontal progression > New skills, traits, gear, events/dragons, etc… Gained through in-game events (not limited time events either) I am all for. +1

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

New CDI?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Looking forward to the next discussion but if I may- I really don’t think the suggestion forum is the right place for it.
A sticky is a good idea but please put it in general discussion so that as many people as possible can take part.

They key though will be Dev participation because vertical vs horizontal progression has been one of the most discussed topics among players for over a year now.
What we really need is to hear the Dev’s here.

Gunnar’s Hold

New CDI?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I haven’t been participating in this CDI stuff partly because I really don’t see much coming from it.

Even if you don’t think it will make any difference in GW2, there’s a chance that the devs of the other games coming out soon are watching GW2 and trying to learn from the mistakes being made here. A good argument for or against something may stick with them and improve other games down the line.

It’s far cheaper to learn from those that came before than it is to make the same mistakes yourself, after all. And who knows? If GW2 doesn’t adapt on its own, then pressure from those other games may force them to rethink and improve.

Wow. Great point. Because I’ve pretty much given up on Anet ever listening to us.

New CDI?

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Good point … but wow, what an indictment of ANet. It is truly sad when, after 16 months of being ignored on almost all issues, the only reason we have for offering further feedback to ANet is the hope that some of it will be noticed and taken to heart by OTHER upcoming games. In all reality, though, I suspect game developers like ZeniMax already have a huge database of player feedback mined from these forums, which is more than I can say for ANet. I’ve seen more published comments from the TESO devs regarding what they plan to do to avoid the key complaints from GW2 players than I have from any ANet dev.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

New CDI?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I mean I’m glad to see that some attention might be paid to the subject, but it seems kind of laughable to discuss this right after the ascended armor gear grind is revealed. Hopefully something useful comes from the discussion but my expectations are decidedly low.

You know, I hadn’t thought about the timing of this. It is a curious thought, however. I’ll give Anet the benefit of the doubt and say it wasn’t intentional. I don’t think they thought “Well lets get ascended armor out the door, and then talk about it after the fact”.

Considering that the topic would have been on discussion before ascended armor hit, if they didn’t decide to switch to “let’s do one gameplay mode this time, instead of all 3” approach, and that they have changed the topic title to deemphasize the ascended, i’m pretty sure they at least have considered that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

New CDI?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I mean I’m glad to see that some attention might be paid to the subject, but it seems kind of laughable to discuss this right after the ascended armor gear grind is revealed. Hopefully something useful comes from the discussion but my expectations are decidedly low.

You know, I hadn’t thought about the timing of this. It is a curious thought, however. I’ll give Anet the benefit of the doubt and say it wasn’t intentional. I don’t think they thought “Well lets get ascended armor out the door, and then talk about it after the fact”.

Considering that the topic would have been on discussion before ascended armor hit, if they didn’t decide to switch to “let’s do one gameplay mode this time, instead of all 3” approach, and that they have changed the topic title to deemphasize the ascended, i’m pretty sure they at least have considered that.

mm I can understand why they tried the one topic- I don’t particular think they are de-emphasizing Ascended- I know many people including myself stated vertical vs horizontal progression in the topic thread for reasons of diplomacy.

Lets not kid ourselves the topic will be Ascended- I think Anet knows this too.

It is up to us to give alternatives this far down the road- because as far as I understand it was a stopgap measure.

Many people who thought they liked it have since then decided they don’t

At least that is how I see it

Gunnar’s Hold

New CDI?

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Whenever Chris does get the CDI posted, it’s our responsibility to ensure it doesn’t turn into an Ascended shouting match.

Many individuals are going to be poking holes in Ascended gear and Vertical Progression. The much more important feedback that Anet could act upon would be ideas of Horizontal Progression, to fit within the existing systems and interfaces already in place.

Essentially…let’s all ensure we don’t whine, complain, nitpick, tear apart, etc…our concerns with Ascended Gear/Vertical progression, without providing alternative Vertical Progression ideas or campaigning ideas for increased Horizontal Progression. The problem/concern/issue (take your pick) is known. Let’s uncover reasonable solutions.

Looking forward to this CDI more than any of the others thus far

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

New CDI?

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Personally, my favorite kind of progression in MMOs is new armor styles, new weapon skins, animation customization (choosing my character’s idle animation) Housing customization, Mounts etc.. I want visual progression. Unfortunately GW2’s visual progression is “buy our armor” so it has nothing to do with progression at all. Mounts & housing help to define my character. I can go into someone’s home in EQ2 & see the history of their events & representation of their style. In GW2 I go into my “home” & I literally go into some else gigantic house with tons of people walking around & I guess there is supposed to be an unmarked “spot” or something that is my bed? I have no idea how it’s a home.

in terms of skills/stats I want more ways to play with new skills, more synergy, new weapons.