New Character; Forced Mapping... Anet???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Keira Wildflower.7304

Keira Wildflower.7304

Ok.. I love story and I wanna try all the different story modes out there.. But seriously? I can’t get to my first story until after level 10?? Why do I have to spend hours doing nothing but useless crap to get anywhere in my story? I could bum rush to level 80 story in a fast time period but as soon as I decide to take a break you screw up the whole process that I am used to!! What the frick Anet!?!?!?!?!?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It takes very little time to attain Level 10 with the new NPE. Certainly not ‘hours’ for most. No forced mapping, except that which the PS requires. You could always use a scroll, if you so desire. /shrug

Keira Wildflower.7304

I tried some new characters with friends and we were level 4 in about 30 mins… And all we wanted was to rush story. League of Legends did the same crap in pushing the “meta”

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

What were you doing that it took you 30 minutes to reach level 4? Just out of curiosity. You are level 2 within about a minute because the starting story instance gives you a whole level. Uncovering bits of the first map you will level again very shortly and all maps 1-15 have a heart very near where you start out, putting you at level 3 when its done. One more heart or a couple of vistas or PoIs or maybe a little event which there are many fast cycling events in the low zones and you are 4. All in about 5 minutes tops.

If you do hearts or any events at all they are about 1 level a piece of experience until level 15.

Also if you want to do story you can craft your way to 80 rather easily and quickly.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

(edited by Paradox.1380)

Keira Wildflower.7304

I was doing hearts and running around doing what the “story” section was telling me to do.. And it wasn’t very helpful.. I finished 6 hearts I think? And was maybe 75% to level 5? It takes time when you are running everywhere and they change so much after just changing so much!

Posted by: Frostroses.4196

Frostroses.4196

i leveled 3 toons (necro to 80, ranger to 42 and engineer to 32) after the patch, the leveling from 1 to 10 is way way way (yeah!) faster than before patch. People complain about locked traits and weapon/tool skillbar, but this is the first time i read leveling speed complain… i agreed with other comments, something must be wrong that it took “hours” to level to 10.

Map completion is not required, your “quest arrow” can be turned of in setting or ignored completely. That’s the new “experience” Anet want for new players, but it is not forced at all. It’s just to make newbies can learn easier (since its similar to other game quest system: arrow to next place). For example, even at level 2, the arrow will point to the nearest mission/quest/heart you haven’t complete on your map(or closest next map) even if its a level 10+ map IF your personal story is not available (the first one available at lv 10). The only downside is key farming took longer to complete if locked skill/trait/weapon slot can be ignored.

ps: i watch the cutscene and read the dialog too, not powerlevel everything.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I was doing hearts and running around doing what the “story” section was telling me to do.. And it wasn’t very helpful.. I finished 6 hearts I think? And was maybe 75% to level 5? It takes time when you are running everywhere and they change so much after just changing so much!

Erm, a heart is about 3/4 of a level initially. The hearts alone would give you 3 levels (that would put you on level 5 already, since you leave the initial starting instance at level 2). Any event on your way gives you upward of half a level, and there are also mobs, pois and wps to consider. Something doesn’t add up.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Frostroses.4196

Frostroses.4196

also forgot to mention, the heart quest level 1-15 map is most likely revamped to make it faster, back then, i have to do at least 2 certain action (collect and submit) to increase the heart bar, now, its mostly press F and watch the heart bar rises (sometimes can even do that without stop running). But the higher level map (70-80 like cursed shore/orr) get messed up from what i heard.