New Condition: Hexed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

When applied: Prevents the effects of boons on a target.
Durations: Very Short, the applications take the same duration as Boons like Protection and Resistance meaning they are used actively as a counter-play method.

Resistance vs Hexed: When Hexed is applied first, Resistance’s effects are negated. When Resistance is applied first, Hexed is negated. They share the same priority, meaning that if a Hexed Target continues to be Hexed without even single moment where it drops off for Resistance to kick in, Hexed will continue to deny such boons. And vice-versa where Resistance was set in first, naturally because Hexed is a condition it can be removed by clearing much like how Resistance can be stripped as a boon.

Use: An extra layer of depth from a PvP perspective, in the same vein as the short duration Immobilize that can be useful when used strategically. Mainly used to counter Resistance or Aegis. There can be some counterplay against this condition through the additional trait modifications adding clears for this debilitating condition especially in the cases for Guardians and Revenants. From a PvE perspective, this condition could be used by dangerous creatures who rely on their conditions not being negated by resistance unless the aforementioned cases above happen.

So, thoughts?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Toasa.1236

Toasa.1236

Condis are op atm, it means u want to make them more op so nobody can fight them?

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

What happens if you have resistance at the same time? Hex disables boons but resistance as a boon disables condis. That would be a paradox on its own :S

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

You probably mean well, but given track record do you really think you could trust the skills and balance team right now ?

Literally every class subforum is a dumpster of rage at how poorly handled the already simplistic balance was…adding more to their plate might just be more than they can handle.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

Yay just throwing something in, to see if it sticks..

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Change resistance to an effect, implement Hex as an effect. Have them negate each other if they are both applied.

So if someone had resistance and you apply Hex, then neither of them have any effect until one of them times out. All of your boons and all of your condis affect you.

Frankly I like the idea of hexes, and tbh resistance should be an effect as its simply too powerful as a boon (not to mention it shouldn’t be affected by boon duration because of how strong it is), but first condis need to be reigned in in competitive play. How? I’m not really sure, but it needs to happen before resistance is changed to an effect

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I currently run resistance 100% of the time.

Bring it. *flexes

~EW

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Frankly I like the idea of hexes, and tbh resistance should be an effect as its simply too powerful as a boon

It should be a boon because only boons can be removed by enemys. If it was an effect it would be an invuln against every conditionbased build. A long invuln in many cases.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Change it to “Prevents the application of boons to the target,” and it gets my vote. That means if Resistance is up, it still supercedes the Hex and boons can be accepted, but if Hex is already in place, it can’t be resisted without cleansing.

It also gives a corrupter/converter the chance to swap Hex for Resistance and vice-versa.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Frankly I like the idea of hexes, and tbh resistance should be an effect as its simply too powerful as a boon

It should be a boon because only boons can be removed by enemys. If it was an effect it would be an invuln against every conditionbased build. A long invuln in many cases.

Obviously the accessibility of it would be drastically lowered if it was an effect, I thought that would have been obvious……

Frankly, its way too powerful to be a boon though. Either it needs to be nerfed, or it needs to be changed into an effect and its accessibility reduced. No 1 boon should give total immunity to all condis, that’s way too powerful. People only defend it because condis are out of hand, but the solution is not to introduce more powercreep, but to make Resistance an effect like it should have been and then to address condis in competitive play.

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

I like the idea of a Hex condition, but not as it is proposed here. If you want to get rid of a target’s boons, there are plenty of boon-stripping skills out there already. Either that, or it ignores all boons for a very short period, like 1 second or less. Something that might be better is if boons were 50% less effective while hexed, or increases the chance of the target giving a glancing blow/reduces chance of a critical hit.