New Content Lobbyists

New Content Lobbyists

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ABrooke.7129

ABrooke.7129

New content…new content…new content scream the forum warriors! Am I the only one that hopes these people are not catered to? I mean its hopeless for Anet to try and meet these peoples needs. They devour new content much faster than it can be developed anyway. No matter what happens this will always be the case. These people will never be satisfied…ever.

I would much rather see real meaningful upgrades to the parts of the game that are ageless. PvP and WvW come to mind. Id love to see something done to expand the benefits of being in a guild. Houses, halls, castles…etc. It is Guild Wars after all, not Dungeon Wars. Upgrades in these areas would be lasting and would in my humble opinion be more worth spending limited time or resources on than more story or dungeons that will be conquered in a few days.

I would like to see more emphasis placed on social development of the game rather than to cater to the new content lobbyists that fill these forums. You can continue to chase the proverbial tail of these all consuming people or go in a direction that is both unique and rewarding to players who already love that part of your game. You will never get ahead of the new content people. But you can cement the foundation of your game by expanding what really is great about it.

Quit chasing their tails Anet and make this game great for those of us that do not bash it and love it for what it is.

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: Calys Teneb.7015

Calys Teneb.7015

You’re still asking for new content by virtue of upgrading, adding onto, or improving those game elements. So you’re not asking for developers to not make new content, you’re simply asking them to devote more time to the content you feel is important.

New Content Lobbyists

ABrooke.7129

Im happy with the way it is. If they dont change a thing I will be here. All I am asking is that if they are to spend any time in development, do it for those of us that already like the game, not for those that will be threatening to leave again inside a month of new content being delivered.

New Content Lobbyists

ABrooke.7129

There is no game that will be forever rewarding to those who are dungeon crunchers. There never will be. If there were a game like that they wouldnt be here. Nobody can create PvE content that is forever rewarding. It gets old no matter what you do. Instead, do things for aspects of the game that are fluid like PvP and WvW. That would be far more beneficial than anything they could do for PvE.

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

What is “social development”?

You do know that they have over 300 people working there with different departments and different responsibilities?

Maybe if we take away the PvP lobbyists* then we can have social development and more PvE content?

*(pleese pvp peepull, doo note keel meh, wahs chust eksampull)

Edit: Lol, just saw your last post asking for more PvP stuff, rofl.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

New Content Lobbyists

ABrooke.7129

Im NOT asking for “more stuff”. What I said was that if they are just going to design new stuff, do it for areas of the game that people DO enjoy and are Not whining about.

Social development could be anything that encourages group participation. Anything with guilds for example. Make it so guilds from the same server could interact in skirmishes, races or parties. Give them guild housing, halls or monuments. Those would be lasting improvements that wouldnt get old.

There are quite a few of us who dont whine about this game. We enjoy it as is and if there is a group that should be catered to it is us. We will be here after you have worn 2 or 3 other games content out. We will be here when you come back asking for “MOAR CONTENT”.

New Content Lobbyists

Calys Teneb.7015

I’m fairly certain that asking to expand the world beyond the current map is a fairly reasonable request that most MMOs pursue. Very few MMOs remain in a static world state and focus entirely on social development.

New Content Lobbyists

ABrooke.7129

“I’m fairly certain that asking to expand the world beyond the current map is a fairly reasonable request that most MMOs pursue. Very few MMOs remain in a static world state and focus entirely on social development.”

The problem with that is there is no rate of development for that part of the game that could ever be satisfactory. They spend 6 months developing new content to have it blown through in days or even hours and then here you will be asking for more.

It is a problem I do not understand. I have seen it in every game I have played. I would wager that if you went to (any game forum here) and looked it over, you would see much of the same of what is posted here. Why do what has been done or attempted before? Why not address parts of the game that can provide more longevity?

If you were to be bluntly honest with yourselves, you would see I am right. Just sit back and think of what could be done to address what you see as shortcomings of the game. Truly ask yourself how long that fix would satisfy you. How long then would it take for you to come back and ask for more? Thats not a healthy way to grow this game. To do what has been done over and over again yet in the end satisfies none.

If this game is to thrive, it must go in a different direction other than new content band aids. It must add real meat to the menu. Something that connects people to the game rather than an appeasement of temporary proportions.

I believe the game should get back to its name. Build this game through guild promotion and interaction. So many different ways to go there that would be lasting.

New Content Lobbyists

Calys Teneb.7015

I’m not quite sure you’re seeing the parallels between yourself and those you consider “content lobbyists.” You’ve consumed what’s important to you, and you want more. If more development is added to your portion, at some point you’ll out grow it as you state others will, as development on PvP, Guild content, and other issues can only be done so fast as well.

You dismiss the legitimate desires of others in favor of your own. That’s not how development operates. You are only seeing what’s important to you, others see what’s important to them, and neither is more important. Neither is more “right.” All parties have different priorities for the game that they want to see improved on, just because one doesn’t see the point in developing aspects of the game they don’t enjoy doesn’t mean people who enjoy those areas should be dismissed.

As many tools as Guild Wars had for guilds and PvP, they didn’t neglect dungeons and PvE.

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

They have entire teams of developers. It’s been almost 2 years since launch. At some point, GW2 is due for an expansion’s worth of content. If you think an expansion is an unrealistic expectation from a developer, that developer is doing something seriously wrong.

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: JMadFour.9730

JMadFour.9730

you have to realize that when people say “new content”, what they really mean is “progression raids and raid tiers” and “yearly expansions”.

GW2 gets new content every Living Story update. it’s just not Raid Content with several large scale Progression Raids or it is not part of a massive boxed expansion, so the Raiders who came to this game expecting a standard MMO with an innovative twist on Raiding don’t consider Living Story to be “content”.

the only “Content” that counts is Progression Raiding and expansions, because that is the “Content” that everyone is conditioned for based on the common tropes of MMO endgames.

some players have discovered, by playing this game, that they honestly prefer waiting 8 months to a year for one massive dump of “Content” (keep in mind, that means Progession Raids, in an Expansion), rather than frequent incremental content dumps like Living Story updates.

meanwhile in other MMO forums, the complaints are “it’s taking too long to release the expansion, what am I supposed to do while I wait for the next 8 months?”

“Quaggan is about to foo up your day.” – Romperoo

(edited by JMadFour.9730)

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

“I’m fairly certain that asking to expand the world beyond the current map is a fairly reasonable request that most MMOs pursue. Very few MMOs remain in a static world state and focus entirely on social development.”

The problem with that is there is no rate of development for that part of the game that could ever be satisfactory. They spend 6 months developing new content to have it blown through in days or even hours and then here you will be asking for more.

It is a problem I do not understand. I have seen it in every game I have played. I would wager that if you went to (any game forum here) and looked it over, you would see much of the same of what is posted here. Why do what has been done or attempted before? Why not address parts of the game that can provide more longevity?

If you were to be bluntly honest with yourselves, you would see I am right. Just sit back and think of what could be done to address what you see as shortcomings of the game. Truly ask yourself how long that fix would satisfy you. How long then would it take for you to come back and ask for more? Thats not a healthy way to grow this game. To do what has been done over and over again yet in the end satisfies none.

If this game is to thrive, it must go in a different direction other than new content band aids. It must add real meat to the menu. Something that connects people to the game rather than an appeasement of temporary proportions.

I believe the game should get back to its name. Build this game through guild promotion and interaction. So many different ways to go there that would be lasting.

catering to you is a losing scenario, you are already satiated, and satisfied. Im not saying they shouldnt expand the guild/social options and planning, but with your overall strategy you and 500 people will be planning the server closing party fairly soon. No game is going to be entertaining forver without new stuff for most people. Most people actually dont log on to GW2 to hang out in a house or throw barb b que parties.

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

New content…new content…new content scream the forum warriors!

+

I would much rather see real meaningful upgrades to the parts of the game that are ageless. PvP and WvW come to mind. Id love to see something done to expand the benefits of being in a guild. Houses, halls, castles…etc.

Ahem. You are asking for new content as well. You are the very sort of forum warrior you are rallying against.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

New Content Lobbyists

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They devour new content much faster than it can be developed anyway.

Only sandpark MMOs are able to overcome this by completely removing the need to constantly add more and more content. All themepark MMOs suffer from the same problem. This is why games like WoW will implement Raids which provide not so much in the way of new content but sufficient difficulty for most guilds to constantly struggle through the same content sufficiently to make it seem like more content than it actually is.

Im happy with the way it is. If they dont change a thing I will be here. All I am asking is that if they are to spend any time in development, do it for those of us that already like the game, not for those that will be threatening to leave again inside a month of new content being delivered.

Oh lets not go down the road of preferential content development, because those who like the game are infinitely less meaningful then those who buy gems with real money. Those two groups are not necessarily the same.