New Customiseable Dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

Is the list that you can choose 5 from going to change daily, or are we just picking 5 off of the same list? Because what is there now is almost nothing like the daily rotation we were getting.

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

Everyday of the month will have a different set to choose from.

Sourch: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/7133/Februarys-Flame-and-Frost-Update-Detailed.html

Posted by: Cerialkilla.3571

Cerialkilla.3571

That’s good because day 1 dailies suck big time.

Posted by: Acabar.8610

Acabar.8610

While I love the idea of customizable dailies, I don’t like that there are some PVP ones (Kill mist invaders) mixed in with the PVE list.

Before, all the PVE dailies were tailored strictly to PVE objectives from what I saw.

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

ah, good. I read through the patch notes, but I missed that part. Just checking!

Posted by: Ventus.9483

Ventus.9483

Hi, I enjoy killing people. I’m a pathological psycho in gaming terms.

Right now I have a choice of dailies, which requires me to pve for 2 of my dailies, or I can’t do them o.O Even if I had to kitten about completing 2 things in WvW before this change I’d still be able to complete it without leaving my server worse off for it… Now I’ve got to leave my bases undefended, leave my guild in the middle of sieges/group runs, and stop enjoying the actual game to go complete things that before; I could do without ruining my gaming experience…

Ummm fix please? Why aren’t there more options for the dailies? Is it a bug? Is it just for today? Or are you just wanting me to stop doing dailies full stop (since it won’t force me to go kill 40 npcs anywhere in the world, even if I can one shot them).

Thank you for reading my QQ, whine and self entitlement thread

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge
I’m in your zerg, cleaving it hard

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

I like the new dailies. i just logged in from work, and i like that i can choose to do several, and not all of them.

i have yet to start them, but i would like to know the following:

1) is there only the SINGLE Tier for all activities? i saw the jump puzzle one, and at Tier1, it only has me doing ONE JP.
2) because i like the new ones so much right now, will there be any bonuses if i go ahead and do them all? so like, if i do 5 i get daily, regular rewards. but after if i continue, does it give me an additional bonus if i do another 2 or 3 on top??
3) also, with question 2, finishing dailies disables the rest?

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

That’s good because day 1 dailies suck big time.

So true, i play wvw and I could do my daily within my style of playing easy, by the time ive gone and done events in low levels areas.. kill 40 whatever, how much of my time will I actually get to play doing what I enjoy? Never done an fractals and Im crap at jumping…. so not only do I not get to finish a monthly im not going to finish a daily either.

GW2 a game where you play how YOU want to play.. not if you actually need items its not (but ofc i keep forgetting, wvw dont need good gear thats just for those that play pve)

Posted by: King Stinkeye.3560

King Stinkeye.3560

How it this customizable? Customizable would indicate I could configure the types of dailies I do to match my play style… not that I now have the option to kill 40 pve mobs in one zone, and or 40 in another.

Oh… and I don’t run dungeons. Sorry, I don’t like them. Why do I still need to do that for my monthly? Or salvage a bunch of stuff for that matter.

Why are the changes to this game becoming more and more frustrating.

Man of Many Stinkeyes
[DAWN]

Posted by: Romer.1034

Romer.1034

Urgh. They should have implemented this for the next days dailies. Resetting in the middle is completely stupid.

I was 80% done with my daily, log back on to 20%. Awesome.

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

Should give us the option of being able to choose the same daily multiple times.

Posted by: poisonedsodapop.9348

poisonedsodapop.9348

Urgh. They should have implemented this for the next days dailies. Resetting in the middle is completely stupid.

I was 80% done with my daily, log back on to 20%. Awesome.

Or you could be like me who was 100% done and now gets a spare laurel. Yay!

In all seriousness day 1 dailies are kinda meh but I’l be doing them nonetheless.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’m not in game yet could someone take a screenie? preferably of the selection screen (if I’m reading these posts right)

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I like this new daily system. It’s even easier, and forces you to use your brain to decide which to do that day.

Posted by: Sereloth.4378

Sereloth.4378

I’ve loving this new daily system. I was able to finish it much quicker, and I got to choose what I wanted. I stayed in Wayfarer Foothills working on the new Living Story, and just from that and doing some other quick events I completed 4 of the 5 I had selected. Then went to LA, completed the easiest JP and I was all done. I like this.

Posted by: ironworkshop.1892

ironworkshop.1892

Gw2 let’s you play how you want dailys and monthlies are option not mandatory so you should be rewarded for effort and skill not handed rewards on a silver platter.

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I like this implementation. Now the only question I have – when will my ANet point be converted to laurels?

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

Posted by: markob.4398

markob.4398

While I love the idea of customizable dailies, I don’t like that there are some PVP ones (Kill mist invaders) mixed in with the PVE list.

Before, all the PVE dailies were tailored strictly to PVE objectives from what I saw.

You’re killing me.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Whether you like them or not, find them easy or hard, they are most definitely a departure from the “play your way” philosophy.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Would be nice if we could do it for monthly as well.
I’m not into dungeons and thats the only one i have left so wont be getting my monthly then.

Posted by: Adoh.3094

Adoh.3094

you can do any of the dailies that you want, you only have to do 5 of the choice. The customizable is so that you can put the 5 you want in your UI, so that you can keep track. It doesn’t mean once you select them that you have to do those 5 and can’t get one of the other ones.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I hate it when I see people mention that these aren’t mandatory so “play your way” doesn’t apply… Nothing in this game is mandatory… so “play your way” doesn’t apply to anything in this game evidently.

You don’t get to pick and choose which parts of the game are meant to fit to the manifesto. Then again, the manifesto is the funniest gw2 joke there is so I suppose that doesn’t matter anymore.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

FYI: I logged in after the patch but before the daily reset. The dailies for “yesterday” were different from today’s, so yes, they will change.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

This is to cater to the PvP crowd as well.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Thank you for reading my QQ, whine and self entitlement thread

ROFL My favorite part.

Though, you’re still going to get people in here that say the dailies are “optional.”

And you are a “crybaby” that wants everything “handed to you.”

I understand your point, however.

Posted by: Ventus.9483

Ventus.9483

ROFL My favorite part.

Though, you’re still going to get people in here that say the dailies are “optional.”

And you are a “crybaby” that wants everything “handed to you.”

I understand your point, however.

I mean, I know its an optional thing to do the dailies, but I was quite happily doing them every single day before this change. I’m one of those people who won’t do dailies unless there’s significant reward (which there is in this case) or significant cash reward (I’m a trade kitten too).The option now for me is ‘lose a keep’ vs ‘do my 1 laurel daily outside wvw’… You won’t see my keep falling so I can get an item one day quicker.

I don’t even question the farm involved in the legendaries. I can work hard and get those without my eyes bleeding. All I’m saying, is the options should be broader each day. There are too few available for someone like me to complete on some days and there will be others in my position (I count quite a few in my guild). I don’t even mind the little bit of pve for the monthly, cos I can fit that in when we have better coverage.

I like the new system, I was quite positive about it before its implementation, I was loving the idea of getting rid of the healing daily, and definitely the aquatic slayer. But replacing them for running one fractal or killing 40 mobs somewhere I never go wasn’t quite what I had in mind

[TEO] Cloaa
Whiteside Ridge
I’m in your zerg, cleaving it hard

Posted by: Eulefant.9624

Eulefant.9624

Wanted to post my opinion on the new “selectable” dailies but moderators chose to close that topic as they found it “complaining”
Maybe the choice of words of the guy who started it was a bit unsmart, but the opinions expressed by posters seemed not.

seeing the reaction to people’s opinions I for now have dailies go from a reason to log in every day to where monthlies have been for months now: In the “O did I complete that by accident ?” department