New Daily Rotation; Same Double Fractals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

So you reorganized the dailies, but didn’t bother to take out double fractals? Wow. Just. Wow.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I don’t see anything wrong with it? Krytan Forager, Queensdale events and WvW Caravan can be done within 10 minutes.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Fractals need all the love they can get, to be honest.

Hell, even with the extra incentive I can’t drag myself into ’em most days.

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Double fractals is fine for me, it’s just anything above 10 is hard to get my friends to do. I love daily fractal and daily 1 – 10 together though!

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Fractals need to just go away. Some people love them but others, like me, hate them. A set of dailies with two fractals means only 2 pve options are valid.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

I like it the way it is. It gives far more incentive to do it when you can get three pristine fractal relics in a single day instead of just one.

Honestly I’d do fractals more if they’d remove the RNG. Had too many fractal runs ruined by getting dredge fractal when we don’t have enough people to complete it, and similar situations that all come down to pure luck.

I’m just not the type of person to play with LFG instead of close friends.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Or, they could actually try making them less of an unfun and unrewarding experience. But I supposed forcing them down peoples throats as the only method for AP gain for three or more months works too… at least if you have low enough standards.

Posted by: Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Lost Dragons Tail.3760

Fractals are dungeons instances so why don’t they also have other dungeons as part of the daily. What is so special about fractals that it requires two in one daily. Not everyone in the game likes fractals or wvw or even pvp so that pretty much makes it impossible to complete dailies.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I don’t see anything wrong with it? Krytan Forager, Queensdale events and WvW Caravan can be done within 10 minutes.

It’s an anomaly that shouldn’t exist. None of the other dailies double up in similar fashion, and fractals appeal to a small subset of PvE players.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Fractals are dungeons instances so why don’t they also have other dungeons as part of the daily. What is so special about fractals that it requires two in one daily. Not everyone in the game likes fractals or wvw or even pvp so that pretty much makes it impossible to complete dailies.

They are pretty desperate to get people into fractals, it seems. I guess it shows just how few people are doing them if they feel they need to double up on the dailies to get people to run them.

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

Stop kittening about this one, if you really must do only PvE for your daily and hate Fractals that much, then just skip the 10 AP points for the day…trust me, you won’t die. Otherwise, just suck it up and do 1 lvl 1 Fractal then quit complaining…and this is from someone that only does Fractals when they are part of the Daily…because I don’t care for them, nor any other Dungeon for that matter. This really does display a sense of entitlement on some peoples part, it’s been part of the new Daily rotation since it was implemented, obviously it’s intended.

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

Stop kittening about this one, if you really must do only PvE for your daily and hate Fractals that much, then just skip the 10 AP points for the day…trust me, you won’t die. Otherwise, just suck it up and do 1 lvl 1 Fractal then quit complaining…and this is from someone that only does Fractals when they are part of the Daily…because I don’t care for them, nor any other Dungeon for that matter. This really does display a sense of entitlement on some peoples part, it’s been part of the new Daily rotation since it was implemented, obviously it’s intended.

Quite entitled of people to want to have fun while playing a game they paid for.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If you’re not enjoying the fractals task, why do you do it? Oh, because you want the AP. So, you just swallow whatever ANet shovels onto your plate as long as they give you dessert? Because you force yourself to do something you don’t care for, others should as well? How kind of you to want to share. “Sweet misery, she loves her company…”

Sure, it’s intended. It doesn’t mean the new dailies are good design.

@ those complaining: ANet (the company, not necessarily the staff) is not your friend. They don’t have your best interests at heart, and they certainly only care about what you want to the extent that it affects their revenue.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

If you hate it that much, do other stuff or don’t get the 10APs for that day. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

Posted by: Xcorpdog.2840

Xcorpdog.2840

If you’re not enjoying the fractals task, why do you do it? Oh, because you want the AP. So, you just swallow whatever ANet shovels onto your plate as long as they give you dessert? Because you force yourself to do something you don’t care for, others should as well? How kind of you to want to share. “Sweet misery, she loves her company…”

@ those complaining: ANet (the company, not necessarily the staff) is not your friend. They don’t have your best interests at heart, and they certainly only care about what you want to the extent that it affects their revenue.

If this really grinds your gears that much, seeing as one of these pops up almost every time, why not ask anet to make a separate daily section for dungeons and Fratcals, instead of just kittening™ all over some people’s fun.

IndigoSundown.5419

If this really grinds your gears that much, seeing as one of these pops up almost every time, why not ask anet to make a separate daily section for dungeons and Fratcals, instead of just kittening™ all over some people’s fun.

Excuse me? Did I address anyone who claimed fractals was fun? No, no, I didn’t. Did I say I wanted the tasks removed? No, no, you can look for that all you want, but you won’t find it. If you want a separate daily category for dungeons and fractals, why don’t you ask for it?

For the record, I’m in favor of more choices in general on dailies. Why? Because if a lot of those who are defending the current daily system are saying something like, “Dailies aren’t fun, but these get done faster.” there is something wrong with the design.

I take it you like fractals/dungeons and prefer it on days when you can get 2 of 3 doing something you like. How do you like the other braindead PvE tasks? Are those fun, or are you defending double Frac because the other tasks don’t appeal?

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Tried a lvl 1 fractal for daily, didn’t know what the kitten to do and got yelled at.

You can keep your fractals.

If you don’t know what the kitten to do in ANY place, do it with friends or guildies. Otherwise you will run the risk of being yelled at… obviously.

Why are we being forced to play content we don’t want to, just to get achievement points?

Wasn’t the point of this new system to reward us with achievement points playing content we enjoy?

No, the point is that you have to decide if you want the APs or not. That should be fairly easy for anyone.

More PVE choices, then. It can’t be that hard… unless you are trying to force people into playing pvp, fractals, and wvw of course.

If it causes you that much distress to enter pvp or wvw, then skip that day’s 10APs. You will survive it i’m sure.

Since I’m ranting, you can keep 10k marathon runs to die in wvw and dungeon explorable modes, too.

You lost me there.

Avoid mobs, stack, exploit… OR… LFG’s where you pay someone gold, zero participation. Lol.

Yeah, whatever.

Dungeon story modes? Good job. Except for not getting any dungeon specific currency for them. What’s the difference between avoid, stack, exploit, or pay gold for last boss vs. playing an an actual story that you created for us to play?

Rather idiotic.

So basically you play open world, and open world only and you would like to get your daily APs from that. I hate to burst any bubbles but this game’s open world pve is a joke. Mobs are a joke, bosses are barely worth called “boss”. I know that the casual masses keep the game alive but perhaps – just perhaps – the open world masses would have more fun if they would be challenged every now and then.

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

When fractals first were introduced I ran a series of three fractals with a group of guildies. Most of us had no idea what we were doing but we were reasonably competent players. We ran into a particular fractal that I think is the “Swamp Fractal.” What I remember most was the boss who had the “Anet-given” ability to go invisible for however long was necessary before he could one shot “backstab” you. So champion health + one shot mechanics + invisibility = not much fun. Honestly, it took us several hours to make it through those three fractals. All of that might not have been enough for me to stop doing fractals but then I got the reward: Some tokens I could not even really use to buy anything. I distinctly remember feeling like ANet had physically spat on me (I’m not exaggerating – I was actually offended by the reward). I was already really iffy on the idea of the “agony merry-go-round” (the “do something for a reward that can use buy something that you have to have so you can do more of the same for the same reward so you can but more of the thing you have to have so you can do more of the same”) but if you’re going to throw wall-o-hit-point bosses with crappy, cheesy mechanics at me at least reward me for the effort of putting up with that kind of kitten.

I vowed not to do fractals again and I haven’t. Not once since then. I do remember finding a forum post on the rewards someone had tracked from hundreds of fractal runs they had done and that just reinforced the decision. I don’t need more ascended rings and a less than 1% chance of getting a a fractal weapon skin doesn’t impress (that post was yet another example of why ANet’s fawning love affair with RNG rewards just has to end for gods sake).

In spite of the above I haven’t really complained about the double-fractal daily before in part because I still get more AP under the new system than the old and I don’t have high expectations of ANet on this kind of thing. ANet seems to believe its important to strong-arm players into portions of the game they don’t necessarily enjoy. I’m sure they view it as “enticing” players but it often comes across unnecessary, annoying and sometimes downright obnoxious (I mean really come on two fractals in the daily . . . but never two world bosses or two node harvests or two vista viewers?). I just view it as part of my “job” as a player to say “No” to content I don’t like. So when there is double fractals and no WvW Big Spender I just don’t get the daily 10 AP. Oh well I somehow survive.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

Fractals need to just go away. Some people love them but others, like me, hate them. A set of dailies with two fractals means only 2 pve options are valid.

I hate gathering dailies. Remove them too.
I also hate the event dailies, except for Diessa Plateau, since I can just hang round Meatoberfest and be done in 5min. So remove all other even areas except that one.

kthxbai

Posted by: champ.7021

champ.7021

BTW very few of my friends actually get any benefit from two fractal dailies. We usually do a 40 and a 50, and rarely a 30. So the only fractal daily we benefit from is the general one. Sometimes we do a 30 to get that one, like today, so its not really like double dailies is super beneficial. But it is good for players who are new to fractals.

Fractals are the best content in the game pve wise. You may disagree with this statement, but it honestly is the best challenge in the game. It should be the most rewarded and prestigious content. Ofc it isn’t and the only love the fractal community gets is two dailies -_- So yeah let us have that.

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

It’s an anomaly that shouldn’t exist. None of the other dailies double up in similar fashion, and fractals appeal to a small subset of PvE players.

No no, the other dailies just double up like Daily Queensdale event completer and Kryta gatherer

Posted by: Crystallize.8603

Crystallize.8603

Do you feel by visiting 1 vista, picking up some lettuce next to a waypoint and throwing 4 whites into the MF entitles you to more AP // The same AP as someone that does 40 minutes of Fractals? (Which by the way is only 2/3rds of a daily they still have to do something else?)

Are these kitten PvE’ers incapable of going into WvW/EoTM and PvEing in there (most maps are deserted other than reset night anyway)

Killing a veteran mob. Oh noes it might fight back.
Killing some NPC guards? Uh, they fight back and blind and theres more than one. it’s not fair and too hard I can’t do it alone QQ.

No offence. But the fact Fractal players are actually getting something from the daily is a really nice benefit. People like myself don’t have any incentive to go to Fractals other than the fact I enjoy it.
I was doing all 5scales of Fractals every day at one point. Up until last week I was doing at least 2 Fractals a day (taking a bit of a break right now since busy irl and waiting for HoT)
Until recently, Fractals really hasn’t had any look in from the daily system at all. And lets not forget, those Laurels/Guild Comms for Ascended equipment weren’t obtainable through Fractals so we had to do content we didn’t want to do just like you.
Now at least Laurels are part of logging in, and Guild Comms are in excess.

Honestly, unless you’re one of the top 10 on the leaderboards complaining about the double fractals being too hard. Sit down.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with it and for once explore outside of your narrow minded (I must only PvE or I might get attacked. Even by a mob)
Not to mention unless you have all the Fractal achievements you shouldn’t care about AP anyway. And if you do have them all, then Fractals for daily should be a walk in the park. Now sit down.

Today Anet reveals it’s new game mode. PvT. Player Vs Time. All a player has to do is log in and their daily is now completed. Yay 10 AP for everyone.

Can mods please stop locking threads that are constructive.
Just delete posts that are derailments.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

And this is a problem why exactly? There’s 8 more dailies? Are those “not valid” for you, too?

What if I say “Hey, I hate gathering materials, and doing events, and in general I hate leaving cities, so usually 3 of 4 PvE dailies are not valid for me. Zomg!”. You’d probably tell me I’m being silly, right? That’s how what you say sounds to me, though.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Crystallize.8603

Gathering just needs to go away. I don’t feel it’s worth a third of 10 AP.
Daily Vista just needs to go away. People hate mapping so this is a nobrainer
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Unlock-all-Waypoints/first

Infact, lets do away with gaining AP completely.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Hell-fire-skin-put-it-in-gem-store-please/first
Let’s just put everything we could every need in game on the gemstore so people can buy their skins/AP/titles and then we can do other things. Like standing in LA bored because we have nothing to do. Or get on the forums and complain because we have nothing to do in game see what I did there?

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Crystallize seems to be the only one here with the ability to think rationally and logically.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Crystallize seems to be the only one here with the ability to think rationally and logically.

If that’s what you call rational or logical, I hate to see what your version of crazy is.

Vesuvius.9874

If that’s what you call rational or logical, I hate to see what your version of crazy is.

You must be one of those people scared of change and trying something different.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I wish Daily Fractal would be removed and replaced with Daily Dungeon Runner (or Daily Maguuma/Ascalon/whatever Dungeon). And also change the Daily Level Fractals to be 1+ (or 10+ if it’s scale 10-19, and so on). That way you wouldn’t ever have the daily double fractal, fractals fans could actually do scales that are close to their reward level, and dungeons would actually be acknowledged and put back into the daily rotation.

Plus, it’d be nice to have daily jumping puzzle or something else in there so it’s not Daily Vista and Daily Gathering every single day.

Crystallize.8603

Mystic forge, Vista and Daily Gatherer are definitely worth 10 AP.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

With Rose here, I’m fine with the fractal being in there since there are people that DO like fractals, but 2 different ones might be a bit silly/off putting for those that:

a- Want to get their dailies primarily from PvE
b- Really dislike doing fractals

Its like sitting at a meal and being told, well you can either eat these steamed brussel sprouts or these raw brussel sprouts. Your choice though.

And yeah, having some JPs in there occasionally or if gathering make it some thing like 4 rich nodes or whatever. Basically something that is more than find the nearest farm on lowbie map and bam, you’re done. I always feel a little dirty when i get one of those dailies by accident.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Vesuvius.9874

I always feel a little dirty when i get one of those dailies by accident.

Except that was the point of the dailies since day one. It might have lost that spirit somewhere along the way but the idea was that ANET doesn’t want you going out of your way to do things to get the daily rewards. The rewards were something you were supposed to get as part of your normal course of play. So if you got them “by accident”, that was ANET’s intention.

Gene Archer.8560

You must be one of those people scared of change and trying something different.

Yes, because you magically know me and know what I have or have not tried. I’ve given PvP its fair shake in several forms over several types of games.

I’ve tried enough WvW and PvP to know that they’re no different than in the other MMO’s I’ve tried them in. WoW, TOR, Runescape, it’s all the same. Only needed to have WvWer’s laugh at my dead corpse once to know I want nothing to do with that horrible community.

Fractals? Tried a few of those too. Can’t say I’ve found them too fun.

inb4 you tell me that I just need to try them again, because I should obviously find them fun.

Mystic forge, Vista and Daily Gatherer are definitely worth 10 AP.

Well, yeah. Of course they are.

Vesuvius.9874

I’ve given PvP its fair shake in several forms over several types of games.

I’ve tried enough WvW and PvP to know that they’re no different than in the other MMO’s I’ve tried them in. WoW, TOR, Runescape, it’s all the same. Only needed to have WvWer’s laugh at my dead corpse once to know I want nothing to do with that horrible community.

Fractals? Tried a few of those too. Can’t say I’ve found them too fun.

So let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You first box yourself into this hole that leaves you with only a handful of choices, then you complain that you don’t have enough choices. Is that correct?

Gene Archer.8560

So let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. You first box yourself into this hole that leaves you with only a handful of choices, then you complain that you don’t have enough choices. Is that correct?

So let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. Your argument is that I shouldn’t have choices that I actually enjoy doing?

I thought this was a game, made for entertainment. Silly me.

Except that was the point of the dailies since day one. It might have lost that spirit somewhere along the way but the idea was that ANET doesn’t want you going out of your way to do things to get the daily rewards. The rewards were something you were supposed to get as part of your normal course of play. So if you got them “by accident”, that was ANET’s intention.

Reminding you of your own words, here.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I always feel a little dirty when i get one of those dailies by accident.

And yes, while i agree with you on that front, I still think it took me longer than "hit these four nodes and your gathering is done for this particular daily.
I’m not saying this needs to be removed either, so just want to get that out there as well. Just that I’d personally want to work a little more for it is all. As it stands now I tend to get most if not all of them done by popping into PvP and doing one maybe 2 practice rounds. Once i got them without even winning a match. Basically showed up and hit some people enough to earn the daily that day (which also made me feel kinda dirty).

Problem for me i guess is that there is very little middle ground in the dailies system. Its either:

a- do these insanely mundane thing to get 10AP with little to no effort. Just kinda show up, OR…

b- do these high level, group necessary, time gated possibly events for the same 10AP and hope you are successful.

There has to be a sweet spot in there for the middle ground people who want to put in some extra effort but not have to dedicate over an hour just to do it.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Well, dailies aren’t going to solve them. They need to be expanded upon with new dungeons.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

They should remove the “daily fractal” (the one in which you can just run one fractal (not the full run)) and leave the “fractal scale x-x” one. The other day tried to run a FotM, specified in LFG " FULL RUN " yet everyone kept joining, running the one fractal, get the daily and leave.
Had to get a new team for EACH of the 4 fractals.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Do you feel by visiting 1 vista, picking up some lettuce next to a waypoint and throwing 4 whites into the MF entitles you to more AP // The same AP as someone that does 40 minutes of Fractals? (Which by the way is only 2/3rds of a daily they still have to do somethin.

Fractals already awards/gives access to exclusive things, so yes.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-Double-Daily-Fractal-still-happening/
Noted earlier as well.

So, adding on to the fractal fuss, why are starter zone completions still a thing, as well? The PvE tasks need a complete redesign.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

There’s a major difference between enjoying and not caring for something…I’ve found doing the Level 1 Fractals for Dailies quite amusing most of the time, that doesn’t mean I care about doing them. Notice I said level 1, because that’s all I’ll do and if no one is doing lvl 1’s for the Daily, then I’ll either skip it or try something from WvW(which I did the other day before happening onto a group doing a lvl 1 for the Daily…presto, kitten WvW and get the daily done). I have and will, however, skip completing the Daily if I don’t manage to get it done in time, I haven’t died yet and doubt I will if I miss it a 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or even more times…just means an extra day before I get the “End of Month” chest.

Vesuvius.9874

So let me see if I’ve understood you correctly. Your argument is that I shouldn’t have choices that I actually enjoy doing?

You have choices. You just refuse to do them. That’s not ANET’s fault. It’s yours; especially after you narrowed down the available choices yourself.

Try actually reading my post this time before quoting it. I said “normal course of play”. You selectively trying to do/avoid things is not normal course of play.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I have seen Sparkfly Fen Event Completer, Maguuma Jungle Miner/Forager/Lumberer, or Maguuma Jungle Vista Viewer, at least 2 of those 3 at the same time.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: I have seen Sparkfly Fen Event Completer, Maguuma Jungle Miner/Forager/Lumberer, or Maguuma Jungle Vista Viewer, at least 2 of those 3 at the same time. -

Yes, but those daily activities can just be done in the same area, they aren’t the same thing. Events, gathering, and vista viewing are different activities, but fractals is the same activity as fractals.

IndigoSundown.5419

@ Zaklex

I presume you meant, “There’s a major difference between not enjoying and not caring for something.” If not, I apologize and agree. If so, I have to ask, “If you aren’t enjoying it, why do you care for it?” If that’s because you’d prefer FotM to WvW, that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement.

@ Everyone

Instead of trying to prove people “wrong” on the internet, why not ask for more choice for everyone? Why not ask for organic completion for everyone? Does anyone really think that going to a zone to click a vista or 4 nodes is scintillating gameplay? Is herd-stomping low-level events really what GW2 is all about? Is anyone who PvP’s unhappy with the change to the “Win as …” task to offer more options?

Gene Archer.8560

You have choices. You just refuse to do them. That’s not ANET’s fault. It’s yours; especially after you narrowed down the available choices yourself.

So your argument is in fact that I shouldn’t have choices that I enjoy. Got it.

Try actually reading my post this time before quoting it. I said “normal course of play”.

And my normal course of play back with the old dailies allowed me to complete those dailies without ever stepping into PvP, WvW, or Fractals, and then some.

You selectively trying to do/avoid things is not normal course of play.

I don’t think you actually understand what normal course of play means.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Try actually reading my post this time before quoting it. I said “normal course of play”. You selectively trying to do/avoid things is not normal course of play.

Actually you said, “your normal course of play.” You also said that Anet didnt want people going out of their way to do dailies. If the normal course of someone’s play involved open world content then anything else would be out of their way.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Quite entitled of people to want to have fun while playing a game they paid for.

What exactly does having fun while playing the game have to do with dailies? No daily in the history of dailies has been about fun. They are, and have always been, across all titles, just kitten to keep doing over and over because you’ve run out of other things to do.

Unlike other games, though, if you don’t like the dailies in GW2 you don’t have to do them because unlike other games you can do absolutely anything in the game and have it still be meaningful.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Vesuvius.9874

Actually you said, “your normal course of play.” You also said that Anet didnt want people going out of their way to do dailies. If the normal course of someone’s play involved open world content then anything else would be out of their way.

To me, an example of normal course of play means going to any map and participating in dynamic events. If foraging plants on the way from event to event results in me getting the daily reward for it, then great. Or if I’m helping a friend get something done and that somehow results in a different daily reward.

Compare this to, “OK, I have 30 minutes before I have to go to bed, let me see what options are available in the dailies? Hmm Daily Forager. OK I’ll go grab the Spinach in Gendarran Fields. Check. Whats next?” This isn’t normal course of play for me because I’m going to Gendarran specifically to get Spinach for the daily reward. It’s like going through a checklist of chores. A LOT of people do this and then complain they don’t have enough diversity in these chores.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

And if you don’t do Fractals, then you don’t do them. You don’t lose anything, you simply don’t gain something extra. That’s something people don’t seem to grasp. Failing to be rewarded isn’t the same as being punished. Not getting something you didn’t have before isn’t the same as having something you had taken away.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

IndigoSundown.5419

No daily in the history of dailies has been about fun.

Well, except for the prior iteration of dailies in GW2. That’s exactly what they were before, and are not now — precisely because they could be done while doing what one wanted, as long as one was playing PvE. In accordance with that, I’m in favor of keeping or adding to the gains made by PvP and WvW players, returning to organic tasks for PvE and adding organic tasks for dungeons/fractals players.

Remember, GW2 was supposed to break the MMO mold. They sort of did with dailies before, but they broke this last December while partially fixing it in PvP/WvW.

And if you don’t do Fractals, then you don’t do them. You don’t lose anything, you simply don’t gain something extra. That’s something people don’t seem to grasp. Failing to be rewarded isn’t the same as being punished. Not getting something you didn’t have before isn’t the same as having something you had taken away.

Hmmm. We used to be able to pick a character to level, return to the zone we were in the process of completing, and get dailies. That’s certainly been taken away. We used to have more choices in PvE for dailies, that’s been taken away. Your statement is a result of an incomplete examination of the issue.