New Dragon!!!

New Dragon!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Demonzy.9037

Demonzy.9037

As we all know, the remaining Dragon is an underwater dragon. This brings worry to a lot of people in the Guild Wars community regarding a new expansion/Living Story since quite frankly: under water combat sucks.

I have came up with a completely genius plan on how to fix this issue and will hopefully get Guild Wars 2 at its highest point in popularity yet!

So basically all the water gets frozen over because jormag is annoyed for some reason and all the monsters coming out of the water as frozen risen, including the dragon itself. Unable to go under water we venture through the frozen mountains with no space of water to be seen (therefore no underwater combat) searching for this monstrosity of a Dragon to hunt it down. 10/10

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

A paid expansion that gets rid of content?
10/10?

You can go pay for that.
I wont and will keep enjoying watercombat.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I can’t say I want an entire Living Story chapter underwater, but I think there are ways to improve water combat (more skills / aquatic alternates like Whirlpool) to have us venture into some deeper waters.

Is water combat the best part of the game? Definitely not. But I do enjoy it as a nice alternative to land-based combat, and I’d like to see more of it eventually. (Used as an accent or variation, as it is in World Exploration and the Personal Story.)

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I bet we fight it on a ship like Leviathan FFXIV.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

The problem here isn’t that under water combat itself is difficult, but players that have trouble with it make it difficult by trying to do under water what they do on land and you can’t do that. Also, they would/should add specific utility skills for each class to sufficiently cover under water combat and the corresponding traits. I know that’s a lot of work, but it can be done in my opinion. The issue with being unable to determine distance or use ranged skills because it’s difficult to judge distance under water is a moot point if the skills would go gray when out of range(applicable under water only to prevent simplification of land fighting).

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Under water combat doesn’t suck, it just needs tweaking (like not letting sharks aggro you from across the ocean as soon as you go under water >.>).

I enjoy the under water stuff and would love to see underwater combat expanded upon, or have entire under water maps

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

So, a solid ocean?

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

What I wouldn’t give to be able to have a zone where we are traversing some of the more interesting areas of the Jade Sea. Loved it in GW1.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

As we all know, the remaining Dragon is an underwater dragon. This brings worry to a lot of people in the Guild Wars community regarding a new expansion/Living Story since quite frankly: under water combat sucks.

I have came up with a completely genius plan on how to fix this issue and will hopefully get Guild Wars 2 at its highest point in popularity yet!

So basically all the water gets frozen over because jormag is annoyed for some reason and all the monsters coming out of the water as frozen risen, including the dragon itself. Unable to go under water we venture through the frozen mountains with no space of water to be seen (therefore no underwater combat) searching for this monstrosity of a Dragon to hunt it down. 10/10

what of the ppl who got underwater legendaries tho

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Yeah, no.

ArenaNet, don’t remove content. Actually, stop removing content, because you already have – recently and a long time ago.

Also, stop ignoring content that people don’t like just because it isn’t popular – maybe if you revamped things, or fixed bugs, things would become more popular, since poor design and bugs tend to push people off things.

So at some point, what needs to be done is not “remove underwater combat” but instead “improve underwater combat and exploration.” It was a huge selling point of your game, stop removing it bit by bit just because it didn’t pan out – if you do that, then you may as well scrap the whole game, because it sure didn’t pan out to how you claimed. Unfortunate, but true. But that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved yet.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Oh the memories. Cantha 2015! PLZ ANET!!!

Necromancer Main

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Let’s make underwater fights just like in Honor of the Waves Dungeon.
10/10 everyone will love it and praise Anet for it.
gl.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Winter is coming.

Invasion of Jormag expansion.

New player race Kodan.

New raid with the corrupted quaggan King.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Did you heard about Jade Sea in Cantha?:-P

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t think this is a big concern… we will almost certainly face Jormag, Crystal dragon, and primodious before we face the water dragon. Those 3 pose a much bigger threat since they actually live on land. Who cares if the water dragon takes over the oceans… no one lives there anyway.

Also based on current pace, we wouldn’t face the water dragon until 2027… By then you will have virtual reality water combat with real dragons.

New Dragon!!!

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

Who cares if the water dragon takes over the oceans… no one lives there anyway.

Attachments:

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”