New Dungeon/Ascended Armor Details

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: binedump.2438

binedump.2438

Sorry if this is a repost…

I managed to catch this over on the German GW2 forums before the post got deleted. It seems someone has acquired some information regarding a new dungeon/new ways of attaining ascended armor that is to be released sometime soon, hopefully in the next patch. Although the post had few specific details, it did mention the new dungeon was composed of multiple smaller stages based on “physical merit” instead of combat (perhaps jumping puzzles?), with the final stage being a race to the top of a giant mountain among a group of three players. The only other information the post had was a screencap of some new loot that drops for the first player to reach the top of the mountain, allegedly used for crafting ascended armor.

I’ll post more details if I can find any.

Attachments:

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

. . . the Aggro Crag? Seriously? They named it the Aggro Crag. I’m having flashbacks to the 90s all over again.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I wanna chunk of Aggro Crag Mountain…

GUTS

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

ahh, jogging my memories.

I rather have a chunk of Takeshi’s castle though

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I’d go for that…. only if my death/failure is shown in a comical fashion with Japanese commentators getting really into it.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I’d go for that…. only if my death/failure is shown in a comical fashion with Japanese commentators getting really into it.

I suppose it could be worse. We could be fighting for a piece of a silver monkey.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I look forward to the next patch, then, if this is true.

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

Yes please. Of course there will be 500000 rage posts too :-(

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

If the materials for it are only available via a single or two dungeons, you best believe there will be outrage because that the key problem. It’s not horizontal if you have to run a dungeon for it, the rewards should be open world pve as well, such as bought with karma.

Thanks for the post OP.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I think the rage consisted of 2 things:

1) New tier added
2) Can only get new tier from fractals

If the patch is what OP says it is then there will be more ways to get ascended items than just fractrals, which should make people rage less.

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

Why do I have this feeling the devs just want to entertain themselves while watching us do all these “games”.

Posted by: Car.3805

Car.3805

I think the rage consisted of 2 things:

1) New tier added
2) Can only get new tier from fractals

If the patch is what OP says it is then there will be more ways to get ascended items than just fractrals, which should make people rage less.

Rage is that the only way to get ascended is in dungeons, and this seems to be a token system in another dungeon. Unless there’s a secondary method of acquisition coming out too.

But seriously… Aggro Crag, hilarious!

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

Anet has specifically and repeatedly said that Ascended gear will be obtainable from outside Fractal dungeons. Presumably, that means overland PvE, WvW and other dungeons — the same range of activities used to collect every other type of gear (whites through legendaries).

I seriously doubt the new way is going to be a jumping puzzle in a fractal.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

It was stated even before ascended items were released that there would, eventually, be other ways to obtain said gear. Yes currently there is a very narrow path, so this only affects those that want it NOW; getting it now has a negligable stat boost.

The rage won’t be due to only getting it here or in a dungeon, the rage will that it involves player competition and jumping.

Clocktower had essentially no reward, yet people were very upset over that. In the time some claim to have spent trying to complete, they could have farmed the labyrinth, a dungeon, or dragon chests for the same reward. Unlike clocktower reward however, the exotic boots from thosr other areas could be sold or salvaged.