New Dungeon Rewards

New Dungeon Rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SoPP.7034

SoPP.7034

Discuss:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dungeon-rewards/?utm_source=client

All champions in the game will drop a new loot container based on their type. For example, champion bandits will drop a new Embroidered Coin Purse which will contain a few silver, some karma, and crafting materials, with a chance at skill points, rare crafting materials, and new, rare weapon skins.

I am excited.

A warrior, a guardian, and an elementalist walk into an open field…
The Warrior turns to the guardian and says, “Did you hear something?”
Guardian replies, “No, but how’d the elementalist die?”

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

yeah, enjoy that 0.0125% chance at getting anything good.

Notice how they didn’t mention any separation of rewards by levels either, so camping the Champ Oak in queensdale will get a lot more people the “shinies” faster than the most skilled Dungeon team in Arah Path4 could ever get them.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Curious about champs from low lvl zones too. Will troll in queensdale drop as much or anywhere close to as much as a champ in orr? Arenanet’s silence on this might tell me they didnt think about this or they dont think its a problem.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Vennie.8341

Vennie.8341

Frankly what I’m more annoyed about is that 40 Laurel amulet I have for 20% extra gold from bosses might be useless now >.> I have it on 3-4 characters.. that’s a lot of wasted laurels.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Blinkroot.3215

Blinkroot.3215

I want to know about the 20% extra gold as well. I heard mention that they were looking into a way to help compensate players with magic find gear but what about this? The only reason it was worth getting was for dungeons.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I have a feeling besides coins the most common drops in these new loot bags will be the crafting materials. As such I should imagine (and hope) that they are consistant for the map that the champion is in. Meaning lvl 1-15 zones would give you weak vials of blood etc and Orr would give you tier 5 and tier 6 mats. Just think of them as normal loot bags for the areas I guess but with greater chances (again I am hoping) for the mats over other junk like cooking ingreds as well as have rare chances at some of these other things.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

New Dungeon Rewards

cesmode.4257

@paulytnz: I hope so. That would make too much sense, however.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

Aren’t champ rewards just once per day per champ? That makes camping them kind of pointless, doesn’t it?

New Dungeon Rewards

Paulytnz.7619

Aren’t champ rewards just once per day per champ? That makes camping them kind of pointless, doesn’t it?

I never read anywhere this was the case but when I first read the announcements about all of this I had a feeling it might be the case. If so I think I would be happy about this as it would spread people out to other maps and not just camp the same maps over and over all day long.

New Dungeon Rewards

Vennie.8341

If they made it daily they wouldn’t really make Orr or any zones really that much more popular than they are (except when people are farming for dailies), but then again if they didn’t make it daily than people would probably flock to the higher level areas if the crafting materials were actually worth farming.

New Dungeon Rewards

Paulytnz.7619

If they made it daily they wouldn’t really make Orr or any zones really that much more popular than they are (except when people are farming for dailies), but then again if they didn’t make it daily than people would probably flock to the higher level areas if the crafting materials were actually worth farming.

I would still do all different level maps myself as I am working on 400 in each craft AND unlocking every recipe. That’s right getting 400 is not enough for me I have to TOTALLY master a skill lol. I wont buy the mats so I will get them myself . So that would mean visiting various maps if they are once a day or level/map specific. :-D

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I have a feeling besides coins the most common drops in these new loot bags will be the crafting materials.

As long as those are rare crafting materials (from Shards to Lodestones), fine by me. We still don’t have reliable ways to get those.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

New Dungeon Rewards

Vennie.8341

I would still do all different level maps myself as I am working on 400 in each craft AND unlocking every recipe. That’s right getting 400 is not enough for me I have to TOTALLY master a skill lol. I wont buy the mats so I will get them myself . So that would mean visiting various maps if they are once a day or level/map specific. :-D

I guess that’s true.. but wouldn’t just farming the higher/more expensive tiers be so much easier? xD

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Discuss:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/dungeon-rewards/?utm_source=client

All champions in the game will drop a new loot container based on their type. For example, champion bandits will drop a new Embroidered Coin Purse which will contain a few silver, some karma, and crafting materials, with a chance at skill points, rare crafting materials, and new, rare weapon skins.

I am excited.

This sounds a lot like low drop rate RNG BS all over again !

when will you learn a.net we don’t want more or heavier RNG we want less kitten it !!!

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

This once per day reward was only mentioned for dungeons nothing about open world champions I’m guessing those will be farmed and the drop rate will be horrible.

New Dungeon Rewards

Paulytnz.7619

I guess that’s true.. but wouldn’t just farming the higher/more expensive tiers be so much easier? xD

The thing is in order to make say tier 5 items in a craft you first need to make the tiers 1-4 and in order to do that you need the mats for them lol. Right now I have a bucketload of tier 5 and some 6 mats because I WvW (as well as getting tier 5 wep/armour drops in lower lvl zones and salvaging them) so much and can’t use them in about 4 crafts because those ones are still too low. So yeah, you have to go back to lower areas sometimes unless you buy them lol.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Well if not I know at least 1 method of farming infinite amounts of champions. But I am pretty sure A.Net thought of that and limited it to once per day.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Maybe we will see people back in Cursed Shore or Southsun now . Some events over there can spawn more than 3 champions at once .

(edited by Lévis.5489)

New Dungeon Rewards

cesmode.4257

That still is a stupid system. Another thing to check off..

Daily done? Check.
Quartz regarge? Check
Easiest daily champs? Check

New Dungeon Rewards

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

That still is a stupid system. Another thing to check off..

Daily done? Check.
Quartz regarge? Check
Easiest daily champs? Check

Easiest? Why? I having at least some kind of challenge a problem for people?     

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.