New Dungeon System = Inflation?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osi.3504

Osi.3504

I noticed the new dungeon system rewards you with 1-3 gold per “PATH”, is that correct?
So someone can spent 10 hours running 20 dungeons averaging 30 minutes per dungeon for 20-40g a day plus chest loot and tokens??

Most players don’t bring that much actual gold in the game each day since most players(least I would assume) salvage their blues/greens, and even then, 20-40 gold entering the game per player seems abit over the top.

With this change, it would be easy for everyone to earn gold as running diff dungeons is way more fun than farming the same mobs for 3g an hour, but my entire point is, will this cause inflation and the prices to rise on every item?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

1-3g once per day if I understood that correctly

Osi.3504

1-3g per path per day right? or just for the first dungeon of the day period?

edit: the post said “unique” path, as in different which makes it sound like you can get the reward more than once a day, as long as it’s a different path.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

You are obviously quite clueless to how much the CoF farmers are making currently.

One – Piken Square

Justdeifyme.9387

Once a day per path.

Osi.3504

yes, and there has to be a lot of 30 min or less dungeon paths out there, which means someone who plays 10 hours a day will make at least 20-40 gold a day.

Making gold isn’t a bad thing, it’s the fact 20-40 (actual gold) will enter the game, not from item values like Exotics or Powerful Blood, but actual coin, that creates inflation.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Inflation has already happened since the game came out a year ago now…

Anet have done a great job of controlling inflation…John Smith…probably the best I have ever seen…but players always find a way to make loads of money and thus create inflation.

Has the rewards are still the same as a year ago kind of…Anet need to boost rewards so it catches up with inflation that has took place in GW2, this is very, very important for new players or players who have not been playing from day 1. They need a way to catch up. So extra rewards are really only putting GW2 back to a level’ish playing field.

Basically you will have more gold, feel richer but in practice your 200g now will be worth what 25g was worth 1 month after game came out…

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

You can only do the same path once per day first of all.
And depending on the length of the dungeons it gives 1-3 gold.
Dunno about inflation but yes I think that if you wanna go farm 20 dungeons for gold you can get a good amount of money and it could be better than CoF in the end, but I rather farm 20 different path’s than CoF p1 20 times if I would farm.

I am not good at math but if you could farm the same mobs for 3g an hour as it is now, for 10 hours that would give you 30g and that is around 20-40g so that wouldn’t change how things are now then? would it?

But I hear you can do CoF p1 in less than 30min and get lots of gold, so I think compared to doing CoF p1 as people do now with Gold find+ compared to how it will be with the new reward system I think it will be less gold earned per hour.

Just my speculations and no facts.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Osi.3504

Inflation has already happened since the game came out a year ago now…

Anet have done a great job of controlling inflation…John Smith…probably the best I have ever seen…but players always find a way to make loads of money and thus create inflation.

Has the rewards are still the same as a year ago kind of…Anet need to boost rewards so it catches up with inflation that has took place in GW2, this is very, very important for new players or players who have not been playing from day 1. They need a way to catch up. So extra rewards are really only putting GW2 back to a level’ish playing field.

Basically you will have more gold, feel richer but in practice your 200g now will be worth what 25g was worth 1 month after game came out…

it’s been decently controlled looking at precursor prices, a big shock to the economy imo was everyone getting 80 and competeting for the same items (such as precursors). I have no problem with people making money, but I don’t want to see a Jack-a-lop miniature cost 1000 gold and 20 gold converts into 100 gems because they are letting too much actual gold enter the game too easily.

I’ve seen things like this happen on RuneScape where you could take a little bit of time to get a lot of coins through what they called ‘76k tricking’ and prices on every item in the game doubled tripled from all the coins entering the game. You could risk 75,000 wealth to get chances at statues worth up to 5 million coins, typically coins would only enter the game from killing monsters which usually yielded less than 1,000 coins per kill. You do the math and it was hyperinflation in a short period of time.

You make dungeons too worthwhile and relaxed to run and you have every player bringing in over 30 gold a day in the game which im lucky to casually make 10 gold a day without farming or flipping and most of that 10 gold isn’t from actual gold, it’s from selling items to other players for their gold.

(edited by Osi.3504)

Justdeifyme.9387

There are 8 Dungeons. These Dungeons have 25 unique Paths. Just speculation, if all of these would take 1 hour in average, and 1 Hour Paths would give 1,5 gold, that would be 36 gold per day, because you can only do 24 in one day, if you really want to do 24 hours of dungeons.

(edited by Justdeifyme.9387)

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

(least I would assume)

Have you not seen Under Siege 2? The bad guys assumed too and look what happen. Good ol’ Ryback.

As for your question.
Nah. I wouldn’t worry too much about it or any at all.
Remember Economics is gonna save us and Science never sleeps.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

20 gold converts into 100 gems because they are letting too much actual gold enter the game too easily.

The way I understand the gem system…this could NEVER happen because all the gems people buy for gold are gems other players bought with real $$$ and used to buy gold…

So if gold becomes more plentiful and thus more people buy gems with gold rather than $$$ then the gold to gem price will go up considerably…

Its a self correcting mechanism…

Osi.3504

There are 8 Dungeons. These Dungeons have 25 unique Paths. Just speculation, if all of these would take 1 hour in average, and 1 Hour Paths would give 1,5 gold, that would be 36 gold per day, because you can only do 24 in one day, if you really want to do 24 hours of dungeons.

Most dungeons paths are all very short and you can skip most of the mobs, once this update goes live everyone will be in the spirit of skipping trash for quicker runs. I know of some people who can do Arah paths under 40 minutes so it’s just a matter of time.

Justdeifyme.9387

Most dungeons paths are all very short and you can skip most of the mobs, once this update goes live everyone will be in the spirit of skipping trash for quicker runs. I know of some people who can do Arah paths under 40 minutes so it’s just a matter of time.

Some People, Elitists with warrior groups. But not the majority. I don’t think the normal player will manage to earn more than 10 gold per day, because he either isn’t fast enough or he doesn’t want to hardcore farm every dungeon path. And there are WvW and PvP players who don’t do anything of this.
So for every Elitst hardcore farmer, there is one Player who does nothing of this, and this is why I think the inflation won’t be serious.

Osi.3504

20 gold converts into 100 gems because they are letting too much actual gold enter the game too easily.

The way I understand the gem system…this could NEVER happen because all the gems people buy for gold are gems other players bought with real $$$ and used to buy gold…

So if gold becomes more plentiful and thus more people buy gems with gold rather than $$$ then the gold to gem price will go up considerably…

Its a self correcting mechanism…

Ah okay, that’s a plus then.

Tom Gore.4035

Sadly that’s not how it works.

One – Piken Square

Tom Gore.4035

yes, and there has to be a lot of 30 min or less dungeon paths out there, which means someone who plays 10 hours a day will make at least 20-40 gold a day.

Making gold isn’t a bad thing, it’s the fact 20-40 (actual gold) will enter the game, not from item values like Exotics or Powerful Blood, but actual coin, that creates inflation.

As I said, clueless.

CoF run at the moment takes 10 minutes or less for a skilled group and yields around 1G. It can be repeated indefinitely. Thus in 10 hours one could make 60 gold by just running CoF path 1.

This new change will make it slower to gain gold from dungeons, not faster.

One – Piken Square

Osi.3504

As I said, clueless.

CoF run at the moment takes 10 minutes or less for a skilled group and yields around 1G. It can be repeated indefinitely. Thus in 10 hours one could make 60 gold by just running CoF path 1.

This new change will make it slower to gain gold from dungeons, not faster.

First off calm down and I get your point.

While a small percentage of players earn gold from CoF1, this will motivate I would assume a lot more players when they are gaining a pure gold for doing a run. Assuming 100x more players start doing dungeons, it will over come CoF1 runs.