New Experience bar options suggestion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xerephy.3842

Xerephy.3842

Q:

Its bin a drag to see experience points and my bar is maxed out. Also I still have lots of consumables that gives exp bonus and can’t use it. I would like to suggest another option for the exp bar so it will go on forever and using exp bonus items will be useful again.

I feel that we could get an option for reward system. Like if a player completes an exp bar, he/she gets a reward and starts over again.

What I have in mind is that we could use daily reward chests as reward for exp bar completion. The exp bar will start maybe 10 million and progress by another 10 million every time. Now the reward we get will be chests from daily rewards. For 10 million exp, we get a random chest from day 1-3. The next ladder will be 20 million with a random chest from day 4-6 and so on. Now this will go up to 100 million and start over again.

Maybe at the end of the 100 million exp, the player get an option to start over or go for 999 million and get an amazing reward.

Now why did i put a lot of exp for more rewards. The problem with this is that some things in the market like crafting ingredients will be affected. With a lot of exp to put up, it will not affect it that much.

This will give players get an extra help in getting stuff like laurels or other currencies that they don’t get much from just grinding. Also, getting people to use Exp bonus items would be worth it (I really have a lot of these in my bank and don’t use it at all). And if the reward in the 999 million might really be worth it, people might start buying a lot of these 100% exp bonuses from the market. But most of all, at least exp from monsters, quests and many more would be worth something rather than just seeing that you gained exp from a quest and it means nothing to a player.

This could also be modified as to people’s preference. In any event, the 999 million could be changed to get something event related. So a lot of people will really grind and buy a lot of exp bonus items just to get that 999 million exp in time. On non-event times, it will be just a great random chest as per any people’s idea what to get that will not really disrupt the market like free chest from what people get in boss fights or new random currency.

So my suggestion is a step ladder system starting from 10 million up to 100 million. Its a long run but at least people will get something out their exp without disrupting the market. After getting the 100 million, they get an option to start over or go for the 999 million for an excellent reward, then after this, they start over again. Now, during events, even in the middle of the exp bar, they get an option to start over for that 999 million exp reward so no one can grind early.

Imagine during an event that has a duration, people will really buy a lot of exp bonus items and grind a lot. Guilds will create a lot grinding parties. This will be advantageous to the game developers as well since people will be purchasing those exp bonus items in the market.

At least with this, the exp bar will always move and would mean something. Getting to level 80 is easy without the help of exp bonus items. even filling the exp bar for the mastery point system is easy, getting the mastery points is the only problem.

Thank you for reading. Hoping for all your support. Happy gaming.

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

I definitely think something is missing when mastery exp is full. Makes sense to add something at least, that we can switch back to, to make farming exp still worth it.

Xerephy.3842

Thank you thank you thank you. This is my first time to post. Just you replying made me happy and telling my idea had merit makes me happy. You can make suggestions on this as well. My point is to have an infinite loop of exp bar uses.

nica.5829

:)

Well, I like your idea. I also understand why you feel you need this, I’ve been feeling the same.

We used to get endless levels with a skill point after each, so I wouldn’t even mind having that back when a mastery is not active for exp gain! Although, skill points could now be substituted for spirit shards or even better, a small reward chest of some kind (I love your idea).

I just think we need a place for the extra exp to go to. It doesn’t have to actually add anything to your character (like before HoT, no extra level gain), but a small reward and also that feeling of gaining exp again instead of it going nowhere in a pointless animation to your maxed out mastery exp.

Posted by: LucianDK.8615

LucianDK.8615

The central tyria mastery system is not working, too hard to gain tyria mastery points. Sitting at a full bar i cant use on anything.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The central tyria mastery system is not working, too hard to gain tyria mastery points. Sitting at a full bar i cant use on anything.

There are all sorts of ways to gain Tyria mastery points. What do you consider to be “too hard”?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

Annoying that xp stuff that you earn stop working at lvl 80. You spend a lot of time grinding this stuff and then you reach a point where it is useless and it keeps piling in. Pretty poor design right there.

Posted by: Tahm.8290

Tahm.8290

Annoying that xp stuff that you earn stop working at lvl 80. You spend a lot of time grinding this stuff and then you reach a point where it is useless and it keeps piling in. Pretty poor design right there.

The mastery system?

~Basil Starshower~
~Worst Tempest NA~
~Skritt Kings~

Xerephy.3842

Thank you for all your replies. Again, with this suggestion, no more problem with the level bar stuck. And it has an option for events like 999 million exp. It benefits both the players and the admin game since the bonus exp items will be of some use especially in events.

Another thing I thought of is that I saw an item that gives benefits to guild (Letter of commendation) this could also be part of the reward so guild grinding runs could be done for this.

The most important thing here is the exp bar does not stop. Can all of you tell your friends or guild mates to look at my idea and give feedback so that maybe they can implement this. It will benefit both players and the game admins as well.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Experience sub-80 was a single “currency” system. This is superior design to the dual currency system of Mastery points and XP. Not so much a problem as long as there are Masteries to unlock and M. Points that players can/will go after. However, the system’s flaws are in the dual unlock nature of Masteries and their finite nature. As always, some players are going to complete their Masteries long before new ones come along, while other players are not going to want to get M. Points hidden in things they don’t like. The most vocal group in the latter category (lately) are those who don’t like platforming.

So what should happen once a player accumulates enough XP to max a bar, but there are no Masteries left, or that player has no points to spend? If we’re not to accumulate skill points as under the old system, perhaps, as the OP suggests, there should be something else to replace it. Not sure if that should be what he suggests, though. It could be spirit shards, or perhaps a recurring Achievement point, as with the recurring salvage “achievement.” I am, of course, open to other ideas.

nica.5829

Experience sub-80 was a single “currency” system. This is superior design to the dual currency system of Mastery points and XP. Not so much a problem as long as there are Masteries to unlock and M. Points that players can/will go after. However, the system’s flaws are in the dual unlock nature of Masteries and their finite nature. As always, some players are going to complete their Masteries long before new ones come along, while other players are not going to want to get M. Points hidden in things they don’t like. The most vocal group in the latter category (lately) are those who don’t like platforming.

So what should happen once a player accumulates enough XP to max a bar, but there are no Masteries left, or that player has no points to spend? If we’re not to accumulate skill points as under the old system, perhaps, as the OP suggests, there should be something else to replace it. Not sure if that should be what he suggests, though. It could be spirit shards, or perhaps a recurring Achievement point, as with the recurring salvage “achievement.” I am, of course, open to other ideas.

I like the recurring achievement points idea! Even if it’s like 1 point per 5 levels I would be happy with that, lol.

Nice to see other people thinking along the same lines.

Xerephy.3842

As I have indicated. Other currencies like spirit shards, laurels, etc could be a reward. Like in the daily reward system, one reward there is the tome of knowledge I think, which levels a person up by 1 or gives a spirit shard if the character is level 80. So it is still random reward.

As for the achievement points, I’m still a noob and don’t really know what this gives. but a reward is still a reward. As long as the exp bar moves and it makes using exp bonus items viable, then why not.

More suggestion guyz. And kindly tell your friends and/or guild mates about this idea. If more will support, we hope this will be carried out by the admin. The more supporters, the earlier the update. hahahaha. Happy gaming and in the future, happy grinding.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

At day or two back I hit the “You have No More Masteries” in Tyria and the exp bar just sits now. Surprisingly enough, it is something I don’t like as I thought I wouldn’t even notice, but I do. Some sort of alternate bar that could be chosen that progresses with exp and give a small reward of some sort when it dings 80 again would be appreciated.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

nica.5829

At day or two back I hit the “You have No More Masteries” in Tyria and the exp bar just sits now. Surprisingly enough, it is something I don’t like as I thought I wouldn’t even notice, but I do. Some sort of alternate bar that could be chosen that progresses with exp and give a small reward of some sort when it dings 80 again would be appreciated.

I honestly can’t believe that they didn’t think of this before release!? :S

They could maybe reward a tyria mastery point every 10 levels or something, because at the moment a lot of them are achievement based and some people don’t like that.

(edited by nica.5829)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Personally, I’d rather they release new Mastery Lines faster, than implement something while the bar is idle.

A new set (3-6?) every 3 months would be welcome. =)

Just a flesh wound.3589

Personally, I’d rather they release new Mastery Lines faster, than implement something while the bar is idle.

A new set (3-6?) every 3 months would be welcome. =)

That would be better, but I don’t see them adding new mastery lines and new ways to get mastery points in the old maps. They barely found 3 things for the old maps in the first place. Since that’s not likely, imo, some sort of repeating line with a benefit for reaching the end each time would be nice for the old maps, and for the new ones also while we are waiting for new Masteries to be put in there.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I reckon they should add something like +Karma in the same vein as salvaging items gives +MF or doing the monthly chart gives +Gold.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Just a flesh wound.3589

One possibility. It gives you a spirit shard and in addition to what you can already buy with spirit shards they add boosts you can buy from Miyani such as an X amount of time you get plus Y% karma or magic find or XP.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

I like all these ideas. As someone who has had the experience bar stuck a few times, when I had spent my mastery points and needed more to progress, it was frustrating to know that my experience was going nowhere. I really wish we didn’t have the divide between HoT masteries and Tyria masteries. That seems an unnecessary complication to me. From my own (selfish) point of view, it would have been great if those experience points could have been filling my HoT bar instead.

I really hope we get more mastery points added to the game. I liked the system we had at one time where you had to kill particular bosses to obtain certain skills. I never did get to do many of those but it was something to work towards.

Xerephy.3842

Great ideas guyz and thanks for the support of this idea.

How about, like in my first post, we get all the rewards from 10 million – 100 million. And at the end, we get to choose to start over or continue to 999 million. In the 999 million, the reward would be master point of choice or regular skill points. Then, like the regular skill points, people can exchange it to spirit shards. So if people would choose regular skill points, they would get more compared to only 1 mastery point. Also, the first 10 million – 100 million ladder system would give different rewards like chests containing crafting materials like from the daily rewards. Or they could also get different currencies like laurels, etc. In this system, even resurrecting npc’s would still help as it gives exp points. Everything would make sense and it would be seldom to pass by dead npc’s and not care. All experiences is important.

With this, it would solve the suggestions of the several people who wanted mastery points. This would also solve the problem of idle exp bar. And this would probably make a lot of people happy.

And for those wanting the 999 million mastery points badly, they will certainly buy the exp bonus items since they have to go through the ladder of 10 million – 100 million before going for the 999 million which makes the game admins happy as well since exp bonus items would be viable.

This will benefit both the players and the admins. I know 999 million exp is too long. But it will compensate for people who does not want to do all the stuff for mastery points. Its like taking the easy long path or the harsh short cut. And again, all skill or mastery points can be exchanged to spirit shards.

Hmmm… another suggestion. Skill points for spirit shards. Mastery points for any currency of choice. What do you think guyz? Just something to think about. This will really make stop the idle exp bar problem that I’m sure bothers a lot of people.

Again thank you for the comments. Kindly discuss this with your friends, guild mates or anyone and ask them to comment and hope that with more supporters, this will be implemented. Happy gaming, and in the future, happy grinding.