New Features you hope you see?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: GWStunnerz.9507

GWStunnerz.9507

So it says there is a new expansion coming this Fall what do you hope to see other than the basic we already we know were getting such as elite specs, new maps etc? Im gonna list some things I hope to see, not expecting to see all of them just some ideas.

-Dueling
Most MMORPGs have the famous dueling system where you and a friend/or stranger can deck it out on the spot. The only means to fight a friend etc atm is either go to a custom spvp lobby for dueling or going to your GH Arena, not bad but sometimes you know you just wanna let some steam loose with a friend on the spot while waiting for that boss to spawn or event to start, dont wanna go through the effort of changing instances and loading in just to have that one fight.

-Bounty Hunting Player Style (More of an idea than what I hope to see)
So the games closest thing to open world PVP is WvW, but tbh that lacks one of the things exciting about open world PVP, which is the thrill of never knowing when youre going to be attacked, in WvW youre always on guard cause thats all youre doing. In this bounty system I was thinking of a new interface where a player can enter the bounty system either as a Hero or Bounty Hunter. The way it would work is if you enter as a Hero, you will be available to be a selected target for a Bounty Hunter, all you do is continue playing the game, doing hearts etc, but the more you get done the bigger the target is on your head. Now signing up as Hero though would give you nice benefits such as like maybe 50% more rewards/exp from events, etc. As for Bounty Hunters you would enter and they would give you a Hero in which they will give you their last known location, its their job to find this Hero and kill him, Doing they will be rewarded a small amount of coin depending on much the Hero has done and how many bounties he has survived. Now to avoid abusing this system the Bounty Hunter will only get 15 minutes to find his target and one life, meaning if he dies from PvE or Hero killing him, he fails his bounty. The Bounties would have a 10 min cooldown between each one, so we dont just have one guy going out there and slaughtering all of Tyria haha.

-New Guild Halls (or more of an actual GH)
So Im actually expecting to see new guild halls but Im hoping to see more of an actual building GH, The two current ones are nice, but Id prefer like just a big Tavern w/ rooms or like a Castle like Vigil HQ for my guild, The others dont feel like Guild halls as they feel more like Guild Areas.

-Trading
I already know why this isnt a thing atm, Gold Sellers and what not can abuse it, but it is very saddening that I cant trade someone to give them a couple gold etc, I know I can mail but even then you have a cap and get suppressed alot, for ex. when I just got a bunch of dyes I already have and asking my guild if they need any and end up having to mail 5+ people a get suppressed. Just hope maybe they can find a way to use this without gold sellers abusing it.

-In game Relationship/Marriage
I myself dont have anyone special for this to apply to me xD, but other games have them and its kinda nice for some people, not only is it fun for you and your partner etc, but it also prevents people from stirring up problems/awkwardness with other players when they try to flirt with someone on the game whos already in a relationship. A way to show they are like a little symbol like the Mastery or Map Completion would be cool. Of course marriages can go anyway M/F F/F M/M, and a little fun feature you could do is add a lil co-op quest/collection in order to get married, the reward would be an ascended ring both you and your other get. When married maybe get a shared bank tab like a guild bank tab, but with only like 8 slots to be reasonable. I know some players may think its lame but I like it to be honest it would save alot of guild drama.

-More Dungeons
I was kinda sad that no new dungeons were added with the last expansion, Dungeons are a fun thing to blow off time with friends or just to experience, I know we have Fractals but theyre kinda small and quick. I would just like to see some new dungeons though.

- CAPES
Please Anet, I just wanna be a the hero of Tyria I am with my cape flowing with the wind.

Anyway Im sure I had alot more things but brainfarting but lemme know what you hope to see!

(edited by GWStunnerz.9507)

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

There’s an expansion coming this fall? Has that been announced or just an assumption? If it is, it is far too late for any suggestions to be implemented. Not to mention, these things have all been mentioned in the past, which a google search would reveal.

Your best bet may be to post your ideas, such as marriage, to the QoL sticky above.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

Build Templates.

Failing to do that, at least sigil swap in legendary weapons.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Balance for wvw. I know, complete dreamer!

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

New feature: No new features.

I think there are already far too many features in GW2. I’d like to see those improved and maintained, instead of just ignored and forgotten.

One example: put a “queue as a group” on keg brawl and you have mini-game that could have player-made tournaments galore. Repeatable content that is fun with other players.

… but no. Instead it’s always, “new map, new story, new glider” – all things that players inevitably do on their own in this multiplayer game.
IMO This is how not to do it – and this is why I have so little faith in the management.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

It’ll probably be too late to get it, if they haven’t started on it yet. But I want build templates and capes.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

new ways to get skillpoints aside from maps.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

An open pvp/pve map with temp. objectives that have rewards behind them for both holding and taking. Not like wvw but more guild vs guild aimed.

Also maybe boats and sea warfare (have buffs that you cant fight as well underwater unless you have a “buff” or a diving suit on.)

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

solo instances with strong mobs like age of wulin

action combat made mmos better lol

Posted by: Kazeshini.6710

Kazeshini.6710

Character interactions with other players

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

more guild activities also the game feels very alive when doing guild missions

action combat made mmos better lol

Posted by: Arioch.6507

Arioch.6507

“Activities” ….located in Guild Halls, as another “Guild Participation/Group Activity”. Some reason to go to GH other than farm/bank and bail……

When 1v4 has become the norm, where is the incentive….

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Put Crafting stations back in Guild hall.

Gift of battle purchasable with badge of honor again xD. This happened when I was on a hiatus…so unfair

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!