New Flute change

New Flute change

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Derek.9021

Derek.9021

I don’t like the press the same note to cancel the sound. Do you know how many songs use two notes in a row?!

I hate it. Please change it back!

And just waiting for the time it takes for those two notes is viable but NOT GREAT :[

New Flute change

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Agreed. Even toys from the Gem Shop are getting time gated.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

New Flute change

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

Well… there goes the two songs I could play.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

New Flute change

Posted by: Mouhappai.5406

Mouhappai.5406

You can still play repeated notes as a single long note, but I still it would be better to use the “stow” button on your elite to cancel a note. It’s useless since we can stow it with the ~ key anyway.

New Flute change

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

This is not how musical instruments work. It’s completely counter intuitive. Bad update must be reverted. It has obviously been done by a programmer without any skill with real instruments.

If a.net really wanted to add something meaningful, add a “sustain” butting, much like a piano pedal.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

New Flute change

Posted by: hazzar.6509

hazzar.6509

I am quite upset at this change. Alot of the songs I play are, quite frankly, ruined by not being able to play two of the same notes within a short amount of time within each other. I would like to have the Flute reverted back to normal.

New Flute change

Posted by: Greysonn.3698

Greysonn.3698

Looks like I’m not getting the flute anymore ..

New Flute change

Posted by: Athena.3579

Athena.3579

Please revert this change. Thanks!

New Flute change

Posted by: Trickster Foxy.5074

Trickster Foxy.5074

Agreed. I can’t play my songs anymore.

New Flute change

Posted by: Minos.3450

Minos.3450

Does it also apply to the horn ?

New Flute change

Posted by: Iluzija.1798

Iluzija.1798

Sooo basically no more:
Fear not this Night
Lavender Town Theme
Imperial March
Oompa Loompa Theme
Indiana Jones
SAB Sunny Glade
Twinkle Twinkle (down right impossible now)
To Zanarkand
Melodies of Life
And Simple and Clean.

Anet made this change to what I thought was the horn only because it sounds like awful (whoever made it needs to be slapped) and the players spamming the highest note brought about this change. Why move it to all instruments? Good to see the minority spoil it for the majority.

Edit: you can “play”, badly, very very badly by mastering the fine at of pressing the key then double tapping it in the right time. This just sounds awful and is more annoying than it should be. Remove this on the flute and bell atleast, they sound nice.

(edited by Iluzija.1798)

New Flute change

Posted by: Puma.7934

Puma.7934

+1

Barqueros del Estigia[Styx]

New Flute change

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Aye! The old flute wasn’t perfect, but it was still better than the updated version.

New Flute change

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Please change it back.

Was there any complain that made this change? Whose idea was it?

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

New Flute change

Posted by: Iluzija.1798

Iluzija.1798

People spamming the highest note on the horn caused this basically.

New Flute change

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Please change it back.

Was there any complain that made this change? Whose idea was it?

I believe people were complaining about the flute not being able to play the same note twice in succession. While it is awesome they moved to fix it so quickly, i wish they had taken their time and been a bit more thorough, or maybe tried to play a few songs on the flute before implementing it, haha.

New Flute change

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

Sooo basically no more:
Fear not this Night
Lavender Town Theme
Imperial March
Oompa Loompa Theme
Indiana Jones
SAB Sunny Glade
To Zanarkand
Melodies of Life
And Simple and Clean.

Anet made this change to what I thought was the horn only because it sounds like awful (whoever made it needs to be slapped) and the players spamming the highest note brought about this change. Why move it to all instruments? Good to see the minority spoil it for the majority.

Edit: you can “play”, badly, very very badly by mastering the fine at of pressing the key then double tapping it in the right time. This just sounds awful and is more annoying than it should be. Remove this on the flute and bell atleast, they sound nice.

omg there was an ompa lumpa tune and indiana jones tunes…. wow never heard those… kitten kitten you trolls… this is why we cant have nice things…

New Flute change

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

the flute was great the way it was before, change it back pls!!!

New Flute change

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

Please change it back—thanks! If there was a problem with the horn, change the horn, not the flute.

New Flute change

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

As a person that has been loving playing all these Guild Wars 2 instruments, I agree with pretty much everyone in this thread that the new flute change sucks. Please listen to your fans Arenanet and change it back please!!

New Flute change

Posted by: VictoriousMonk.7150

VictoriousMonk.7150

Oh man, I don’t even play the flute and I think it’s a stupid change.

I actually find the sound soothing.

Complete opposite of the horn.

New Flute change

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i don’t get why this instruments can’t work as all digital instrument in the world, you can do a note as long as you press the button and stop when the button it’s not pressed…

i guess they are so used to cooldown that they cannot think differently?
ever tryed to play the organ in fields of ruin? it is embarassing!!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

New Flute change

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If Anet is going to introduce musical instruments like this into the game where you have to pay a decent amount of money/gems/gold for them, they need to put some time into them. This change wasn’t implemented the best, and it would have been much easier to have it sustain as long as the button is pressed (this mechanic is in game already for trebuchets/catapults/mortars, etc., so don’t tell me it can’t be coded, Anet).

And kitten it, I want half steps!

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

New Flute change

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

i don’t get why this instruments can’t work as all digital instrument in the world, you can do a note as long as you press the button and stop when the button it’s not pressed…

i guess they are so used to cooldown that they cannot think differently?
ever tryed to play the organ in fields of ruin? it is embarassing!!

Exactly!! In LOTRO they perfected this.

New Flute change

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

also my FREE app for iphone is a better piano than anything you are supposed to pay gems for…

and yes, lotro attention to the music was terrific! i loved how many things and roleplaying you could do there!! and the way they added music is such a fine touch for that game!!

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

New Flute change

Posted by: dybryd.1358

dybryd.1358

Yeah, I’m not loving this either. Let us repeat notes please!

New Flute change

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Sooo basically no more:
Fear not this Night
Lavender Town Theme
Imperial March
Oompa Loompa Theme
Indiana Jones
SAB Sunny Glade
To Zanarkand
Melodies of Life
And Simple and Clean.

I want to know the number sheets for those songs so I can play them myself (after they fixed the flute).

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

New Flute change

Posted by: Surbrus.6942

Surbrus.6942

And I was just learning myself how to play “Ode to Joy” on the flute as well.

Preferable reverse this terrible change. If not, can we at least get a refund?

New Flute change

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

I was about to buy a flute….not now. I’m glad I saw this thread!

(edited by Villious.8530)

New Flute change

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

i think this might be a bug. but yes most if not all of the songs i know are nonplayable. please anet revert the flute back to the glory i hate to think my 10 dollars was wasted

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

New Flute change

Posted by: KenSniper.8690

KenSniper.8690

Agreed, please revert back! or at least even holding the note to make it play longer is fine to me but this

New Flute change

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

ANet:

Hello everyone.

Thank you for voicing your concerns with the flute.

Again, we apologize for your struggles with this instrument after the latest build. I would like to reconfirm that it was never our intention to negatively impact songs you’ve been previously able to play or with new performances. The scenarios described above regarding extreme difficulty playing the same note back-to-back were not reproducible in-house or reported by play testers, even those with musical talent playing popular songs discussed in many other threads.

That said, there will be a fix for the problem, one that reverts functionality to the way it was before. Additionally, by popular request, the ability to stop the currently playing note will be moved to the ‘0’ key. This fix is currently targeted for release with the next Living World update. Thank you for your patience as we address your concerns.

I’d like to add that we are committed to providing a fun experience with each of the instruments and are always open to healthy, constructive feedback.

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

New Flute change

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

ANet:

Hello everyone.

Thank you for voicing your concerns with the flute.

Again, we apologize for your struggles with this instrument after the latest build. I would like to reconfirm that it was never our intention to negatively impact songs you’ve been previously able to play or with new performances. The scenarios described above regarding extreme difficulty playing the same note back-to-back were not reproducible in-house or reported by play testers, even those with musical talent playing popular songs discussed in many other threads.

That said, there will be a fix for the problem, one that reverts functionality to the way it was before. Additionally, by popular request, the ability to stop the currently playing note will be moved to the ‘0’ key. This fix is currently targeted for release with the next Living World update. Thank you for your patience as we address your concerns.

I’d like to add that we are committed to providing a fun experience with each of the instruments and are always open to healthy, constructive feedback.

^ This I find is an awesome fix to it and welcome it

Those who play it, normally have the 9 button ready to change anyway having the cancel button linked at 0 is perfect.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

New Flute change

Posted by: FreshTofuman.5084

FreshTofuman.5084

I AGREE WITH THIS POST!

New Flute change

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Oh man, I don’t even play the flute and I think it’s a stupid change.

I actually find the sound soothing.

Complete opposite of the horn.

Yeah. I like the flute players too. One guy was walking round the Toilet playing the Star Wars and Trek themes, among other tunes. That friggin horn, tho. All I think when I hear it is Vuvuzella, and want to cram it up ppls nether regions.

SIDEWAYS